70%

Total votes: 57

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Hypothetical: LaVine or McDermott 

Post#41 » by GimmeDat » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:52 am

This is coming from a Bulls fan, and one that was very high on LaVine all season: both teams made the right decision here.

I was big on the idea of LaVine being a Bull - he'd be a menace running the break with Rose, he'd inject our team with the offensive firepower we need, and his potential is through the roof. However, it would've been very uncharacteristic of our team to trade up to get him considering we busted out on guys like Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson that were risky/athletic picks. Now that we have McDermott, I'm confident we made the right decision; he's NBA ready, is the best shooter in the draft, could possibly start by the end of year 1, and still has 15-20ppg potential.

On the flipside, I think LaVine was the perfect selection for you guys. As you guys have sated, you need to take a swing on getting some star power while you're in the rebuilding stage, and LaVine has that potential. His athleticism fits perfectly in the up-tempo offense you're likely to play, and him and Wiggins could be quite the pair if they both pan out. I don't haven't been following you guys too closely, but considering your roster I imagine you'll jumping on the Phoenix type game, which is exciting stuff.

LaVine was definitely the right pick for you guys. If he busts, it's easy to look back and say McDermott would've been the better choice, but I think it was a risk you guys had to take. Best of luck.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves