ImageImageImage

Anthony Bennett thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Steve_Holiday
Pro Prospect
And1: 51

Re: Anthony Bennett thread 

Post#61 » by Steve_Holiday » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 am

Arguing minute differences between Bennett and Payne proves how depressing this team has gotten once again. Bennett isn't too far away from joining Beasley in China (or is he back?). Giving him the Darko "he just needs to know he won't be benched if he makes a mistake" excuse is pathetic. The Payne acquisition was another throwaway of a first round pick.

With any luck, next year our lotto pick will be starting and we won't have to talk about these two.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#62 » by Worm Guts » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:18 am

Payne has attributes I like. He's longer, plays harder, and creates his own shot better than Bennett. He still might be a bust, but I'll give him some more before I make any proclamations.
NBACommissioner
Banned User
And1: 177

Post#63 » by NBACommissioner » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Anthony Bennett says he hopes to return this week so the Wolves will probably start winning again.
Heyreb92
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Heyreb92 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 pm

I've watched bennett play from his time at findlay prep to UNLV and now in the pros. The kid can score the basketball if given the chance. I hoped that coming to the wolves he would have an opportunity to contribute, but it hasn't happened yet. Flip needs to let him go out there and score without worrying about being benched. When he is confident, he is lights out and I've witnessed it on many occasions. I hope after her returns from injury he is given a chance to really play. I dont see how it would hurt to give him 25-30 min per game. It's not like the wolves are making the playoffs.
NBACommissioner
Banned User

Post#65 » by NBACommissioner » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:09 am

Heyreb92 wrote:I've watched bennett play from his time at findlay prep to UNLV and now in the pros. The kid can score the basketball if given the chance. I hoped that coming to the wolves he would have an opportunity to contribute, but it hasn't happened yet. Flip needs to let him go out there and score without worrying about being benched. When he is confident, he is lights out and I've witnessed it on many occasions. I hope after her returns from injury he is given a chance to really play. I dont see how it would hurt to give him 25-30 min per game. It's not like the wolves are making the playoffs.

That's what i've been saying Ab looks like Flip stole his soul or sucked the life out of him or something because he was a pretty vocal guy on UNLV and know he looks like a shell of himself. I really hate Flip I wish he'd **** off and leave basketball he's terrible for the Wolves.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,856

Post#66 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:24 am

NBACommissioner wrote:
Heyreb92 wrote:I've watched bennett play from his time at findlay prep to UNLV and now in the pros. The kid can score the basketball if given the chance. I hoped that coming to the wolves he would have an opportunity to contribute, but it hasn't happened yet. Flip needs to let him go out there and score without worrying about being benched. When he is confident, he is lights out and I've witnessed it on many occasions. I hope after her returns from injury he is given a chance to really play. I dont see how it would hurt to give him 25-30 min per game. It's not like the wolves are making the playoffs.

That's what i've been saying Ab looks like Flip stole his soul or sucked the life out of him or something because he was a pretty vocal guy on UNLV and know he looks like a shell of himself. I really hate Flip I wish he'd **** off and leave basketball he's terrible for the Wolves.

Yup you're right it was all Flip because clearly he was playing at an All-Star level in Cleveland before we traded for him
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#67 » by Mattya » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 am

AB has had plenty of chances to earn more minutes. Hopefully KG's presence has an impact on him. I'd say keep him around unless you can use him in a package to get an upgrade. He started playing better before he got hurt, but he needs to show more before we start blaming Flip for him not getting minutes.
NBACommissioner
Banned User

Post#68 » by NBACommissioner » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Klomp wrote:
NBACommissioner wrote:

Yup you're right it was all Flip because clearly he was playing at an All-Star level in Cleveland before we traded for him

He actually was playing pretty well late in the season in Cleveland that's why a lot of people though he'd be a MOIP candidate but Flip killed his confidence pretty quickly by benching him after every mistake.
NBACommissioner
Banned User

Post#69 » by NBACommissioner » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Mattya wrote:AB has had plenty of chances to earn more minutes. Hopefully KG's presence has an impact on him. I'd say keep him around unless you can use him in a package to get an upgrade. He started playing better before he got hurt, but he needs to show more before we start blaming Flip for him not getting minutes.

Flip's not consistent with his players which is the big problem. He allows some players to get away with murder while others like Bennett or Lavine make one mistake and they're out of the game. For example, Thad Young was terrible on the Wolves but he was given the minutes no matter what. The team actually played better when Bennett was in than Young but Flip seems to have a bias in favor of Vets even if they make the same mistakes.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#70 » by Mattya » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:41 pm

NBACommissioner wrote:
Mattya wrote:AB has had plenty of chances to earn more minutes. Hopefully KG's presence has an impact on him. I'd say keep him around unless you can use him in a package to get an upgrade. He started playing better before he got hurt, but he needs to show more before we start blaming Flip for him not getting minutes.

Flip's not consistent with his players which is the big problem. He allows some players to get away with murder while others like Bennett or Lavine make one mistake and they're out of the game. For example, Thad Young was terrible on the Wolves but he was given the minutes no matter what. The team actually played better when Bennett was in than Young but Flip seems to have a bias in favor of Vets even if they make the same mistakes.

Yea he played Young over Bennett, but the reason is because Young has actually proven something. Bennett hasn't proven anything. He was hot at the beginning of the year, but then he cooled off and we started to see what he really was. The glossing over Bennetts flaws makes no sense to me. On top of that when Bennett messes up as much as he was you don't just keep him in there. Especially with someone who has Darko level confidence. That just makes things worse.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:57 pm

NBACommissioner wrote:

All coaches treat certain players differently than others. It's not about having a bias at all.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#72 » by lobishome » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:52 pm

NBACommissioner
Banned User

Post#73 » by NBACommissioner » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:52 pm

lobishome wrote:Image

Haha
NBACommissioner
Banned User

Post#74 » by NBACommissioner » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:04 pm

Mattya wrote:
NBACommissioner wrote:

Yea he played Young over Bennett, but the reason is because Young has actually proven something. Bennett hasn't proven anything. He was hot at the beginning of the year, but then he cooled off and we started to see what he really was. The glossing over Bennetts flaws makes no sense to me. On top of that when Bennett messes up as much as he was you don't just keep him in there. Especially with someone who has Darko level confidence. That just makes things worse.

So he had talent for over the span of a month and also had recorded one of the best PER's on the team in that month and some how the guy now is the real Bennett? Talent doesn't just disappear overnight like that but confidence can and for young players that's usually something to do with the coach. I remember a game earlier this season where Mitchell got to coach and Bennett played a lot different and showed lots of confidence.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#75 » by Mattya » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:33 pm

NBACommissioner wrote:
Mattya wrote:
NBACommissioner wrote:

So he had talent for over the span of a month and also had recorded one of the best PER's on the team in that month and some how the guy now is the real Bennett? Talent doesn't just disappear overnight like that but confidence can and for young players that's usually something to do with the coach. I remember a game earlier this season where Mitchell got to coach and Bennett played a lot different and showed lots of confidence.

One month isn't the sample size you would have to conclude that he is some Uber talented player. I'll take the sample size after the first month, which is most of the season, to conclude that he didn't play well. All he was doing was hitting mid range shots at a very high rate. I remember when Beasley did the same thing when he was here. Didn't turn out well for him.
jmoy
Senior
And1: 180

Post#76 » by jmoy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Watching Bennett play, I think he needs a bit more then extra playing time to get confidence. Right now, it looks like the only person who could help AB find his game is Bagger Vance, and I don't think Will Smith is available to caddy for AB right now.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#77 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon May 11, 2015 12:07 am

Darren Wolfson: Anthony Bennett training w/ @DrewHanlen, Wiggins/LaVine's guy. In Santa Barbara now. Fixing shot mechanics + wants to lose 15 lbs. #twolves Twitter @DWolfsonKSTP
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by Klomp » Mon May 11, 2015 12:15 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Darren Wolfson: Anthony Bennett training w/ @DrewHanlen, Wiggins/LaVine's guy. In Santa Barbara now. Fixing shot mechanics + wants to lose 15 lbs. #twolves Twitter @DWolfsonKSTP

Wow, another 15? Is he pulling a DWill and trying to move to SF?

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#79 » by Dewey » Mon May 11, 2015 1:11 am

NBACommissioner wrote:
Mattya wrote:
NBACommissioner wrote:

Geez you sound like one of those whiny parents at youth basketball
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#80 » by Maefteda » Mon May 11, 2015 1:12 am

I think he gained most of that back when he got injured and throughout the season. He didn't look as lean towards the end of the season to me.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves