ImageImageImage

Game 4: Timberwolves (1-2) at Nets (6:30 p.m., FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Re: Game 4: Timberwolves (1-2) at Nets (6:30 p.m., FSN) 

Post#461 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 6, 2014 3:18 pm

There's not much room in the rotation. Budinger can't even get off the bench.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#462 » by Sothron » Thu Nov 6, 2014 3:36 pm

Brewer really looks lost without Love there to give him those easy long bombs. I'm also glad to see Bud sit on the bench. We need to see the younger guys and what they can do.

I want to see more of the Rubio we saw last night. We need him to be at least a little aggressive in terms of finding his own shot.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#463 » by Nitroglycerin » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:19 pm

Looked liked Kid Saunders slapped Mitchell's butt out of adrenaline rush and had the "I should have not done that" look on his face. He looked relieved when Sam replied with a hi-5 :lol:
Trust the PRosas!
velkisimo
Sophomore
And1: 204

Post#464 » by velkisimo » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:31 pm

I was listening to Nets coach presser after the game yesterday. When talking about Lopez vs. Pek matchup, I believe he said "There's always a badder man in prison". Pek being that "badder" man of course :)
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#465 » by Mattya » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:55 pm

Watching Pek last night was amazing. He didn't just collect Lopez's skull again, he took it and violated it. I feel bad for Lopez. Pek treated him like he treated Bramdon Knight. Rubio was great. He had complete control of the game. Wiggins was fantastic as well. Stupid Jarret Jack screwed up what would have been an amazing poster. Know your role and get in that poster. KMart deserves a ton of credit early this season. He called out himself and everyone about what happened last year and he has shown much much better effort on the court.

Come home KG.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#466 » by ace625214 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:35 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:
C.lupus wrote:I'm enjoying this team so much more than last year so far. They are going to have a lot of ups and downs but they play hard, especially on D.

Overall with maturity is going to be much better without Love, it's pretty simple. Defensively he was a liability, and offensively as talented as he is, he was always going to be a sort of black hole, always looking for his numbers. Right now is much more of a team effort... And have to say, with the veterans already in there, and the growth of young guys like Wiggins the guys should become a playoffs team in a reasonable amount of time (also love the coach who is really trying to win now)

Love was a black hole? Someone has to be the leading scorer on each team, and for us that was Love. He averaged 4 assists a game as PF! He was efficient and skilled, not a black hole.

I get what you're saying though. Before, the offense was focused around love and everyone played off of him. Now, everyone has responsibility and is involved.
C-Dub47
Junior
And1: 233

Post#467 » by C-Dub47 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:32 pm

So awesome to see this team closing games. Definitely more exciting to watch. Hopefully they can keep this going and Rubio can continue with the solid shooting. I surely am not missing Kevin Love at all...which is surprising.
Duke4life831 wrote:Winslow > Wiggins
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#468 » by phonzadellika » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:40 pm

C-Dub47 wrote:So awesome to see this team closing games. Definitely more exciting to watch. Hopefully they can keep this going and Rubio can continue with the solid shooting. I surely am not missing Kevin Love at all...which is surprising.

Every game I become more convinced that his shooting improvements will grow and sustain
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#469 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:42 pm

I think I'm ready to send Brewer to Cleveland for a 2nd rounder.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
C-Dub47
Junior
And1: 233

Post#470 » by C-Dub47 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 6:53 pm

phonzadellika wrote:
C-Dub47 wrote:So awesome to see this team closing games. Definitely more exciting to watch. Hopefully they can keep this going and Rubio can continue with the solid shooting. I surely am not missing Kevin Love at all...which is surprising.

Every game I become more convinced that his shooting improvements will grow and sustain

Yeah, I hope he does as well. I certainly don't ever see it getting as bad as it once was thankfully, he seems to be working hard on that part of his game which is obviously much needed. If he can continue to shoot right around this for the rest of the year, I expect us to be battling for a late seed for the playoffs...don't think we end up making it obviously, but I expect us to at least be in the running near seasons end if Rubio can continue to at least be OK and not a liability in that area of his game.
Duke4life831 wrote:Winslow > Wiggins
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,322

Post#471 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:08 pm

I feel bad for Brewer, we brought him back, he was stoked to come back. He was happy to move his family back here and now we may be shipping him out again. It really sucks he's so limited.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Ice32
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#472 » by Ice32 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:59 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I think I'm ready to send Brewer to Cleveland for a 2nd rounder.

I think Brewer would happily accept that.
Ice32
Analyst

Post#473 » by Ice32 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:02 pm

Calinks wrote:I feel bad for Brewer, we brought him back, he was stoked to come back. He was happy to move his family back here and now we may be shipping him out again. It really sucks he's so limited.

The thing that bothers me is that Flip knew what he was capable of and not capable of when he gave him 14/3. Sure there was the possibility that Love would leave, but Im sure Brewer took this offer based on the fact that there was a role for him, he would get minutes, he loved the fans/city and he has some skills that the Wolves needed. The Love trade has effected Brewers strengths and the young pups are needing development. I say trade him now before his value drops too much.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#474 » by C.lupus » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:06 pm

I think Brewer will be OK, it's just an adjustment period now. Wiggins will have bad games and will hit that wall eventually and Brew will get minutes with Rubio again. I think I feel worse for Budinger. He's finally healthy and now can't get off the bench. One of those two guys needs to get moved, though.
Ice32
Analyst

Post#475 » by Ice32 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:13 pm

C.lupus wrote:I think Brewer will be OK, it's just an adjustment period now. Wiggins will have bad games and will hit that wall eventually and Brew will get minutes with Rubio again. I think I feel worse for Budinger. He's finally healthy and now can't get off the bench. One of those two guys needs to get moved, though.

Yep agree 100% - and I guess injuries do happen, especially on this team. Whilst Flip wants to develop/showcase his pups, the vets are just as important this early in the season, especially on a road trip like this one.
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#476 » by cojayar » Thu Nov 6, 2014 9:34 pm

southern wolf wrote:
Basti wrote:And that game in Mexico City is a freaking home game... :nonono:

Second time we've been there too. Must be a lot of Spanish/Rubio fans in Mexico. Lets hope the arena doesn't catch fire this time.

Spanish fans in Mexico? So much as English fans in Canada?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,909

Post#477 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 6, 2014 9:54 pm

Lots of good knowledge from Flip on Bareirro's show. Basically said Mo wasn't the problem last night, said that the other guys basically left him out to dry by not setting good screens and not running the offense correctly. Mentioned Muhammad by name, and said it was why he didn't get the second-half PT.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#478 » by guest81 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 9:57 pm

ace625214 wrote:
MagnusPinus wrote:
C.lupus wrote:I'm enjoying this team so much more than last year so far. They are going to have a lot of ups and downs but they play hard, especially on D.

Overall with maturity is going to be much better without Love, it's pretty simple. Defensively he was a liability, and offensively as talented as he is, he was always going to be a sort of black hole, always looking for his numbers. Right now is much more of a team effort... And have to say, with the veterans already in there, and the growth of young guys like Wiggins the guys should become a playoffs team in a reasonable amount of time (also love the coach who is really trying to win now)

Love was a black hole? Someone has to be the leading scorer on each team, and for us that was Love. He averaged 4 assists a game as PF! He was efficient and skilled, not a black hole.

I get what you're saying though. Before, the offense was focused around love and everyone played off of him. Now, everyone has responsibility and is involved.

It'll be nice to know once people figure out that it was a lack of depth and not Kevin Love, was the biggest problem last year and the biggest difference this year.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#479 » by Esohny » Thu Nov 6, 2014 9:59 pm

C.lupus wrote:I think Brewer will be OK, it's just an adjustment period now. Wiggins will have bad games and will hit that wall eventually and Brew will get minutes with Rubio again. I think I feel worse for Budinger. He's finally healthy and now can't get off the bench. One of those two guys needs to get moved, though.

I don't know. It seems like the main difference from last season is that Love isn't there for outlets and Brewer isn't getting to just leak out to try to get transition buckets all the time. Otherwise, his jump shooting/FT shooting isn't way off of normal, and he makes a lot of the same moronic decisions as usual. Will he eventually be less ungodly terrible? Probably, but I'd still dump him for anything I could get.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
cynskeptical
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#480 » by cynskeptical » Thu Nov 6, 2014 10:05 pm

cojayar wrote:
southern wolf wrote:
Basti wrote:And that game in Mexico City is a freaking home game... :nonono:

Second time we've been there too. Must be a lot of Spanish/Rubio fans in Mexico. Lets hope the arena doesn't catch fire this time.

Spanish fans in Mexico? So much as English fans in Canada?

...Or Australian fans in USA :banghead:
I hope it's Flanders

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves