ImageImageImage

You think Love is missing Ricky yet?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Re: You think Love is missing Ricky yet? 

Post#61 » by urinesane » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:54 am

Note30 wrote:
urinesane wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Depends on what you mean by superior. Superior as in top 5 at his position? then no he can't be. An impact player? Absolutely.

Ricky was great at the end of last nights game. A pretty big part of why he looked so good though was because Mo Williams was beyond awful right before that.

This sentence is awful. Just flat out terrible logic.

Rubio looked "so good" because he came in and played "so good". The Wolves were floundering when he checked in at around 5 minutes to go and he lead them on a decisive run to finish the game and secure a tough victory.

It doesn't matter what position on the court was playing badly when he came in. It's the fact that he came into a close game, where the momentum was against his team, and he conducted a symphony on the court for the last 5 minutes of the game.

He didn't play well because it was graded on a curve and Mo was so bad. It was flat out great play, regardless of how anyone played before he got in the game.

We get it. You don't like Rubio.

It doesn't mean you have to start making sh*t up.

P.S. Please get an avatar, because if I see it first, I can avoid your mostly terrible takes.

Preach. You're being a bit cold blooded tho lol. He just kind of doesn't have the same perspective as you do. Doesn't mean you're wrong tho.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This isn't the first time he's said some troll/Skip Bayless style nonsense here.

Tough love is needed.
anuroc
Junior
And1: 19

Post#62 » by anuroc » Fri Nov 7, 2014 9:41 am

guest81 wrote:
Ricky was great at the end of last nights game. A pretty big part of why he looked so good though was because Mo Williams was beyond awful right before that.

I don't think so. Rubio was great at the end of the game against the Nets because he (and the other starters) were rested after being in the bench until the last 6 minutes.
With Adelman he would have played 3 last minutes of the third quarter and the whole fourth, so he would have fumbled some passes and missed his last shots at crunch time.
criteriado
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#63 » by criteriado » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:02 am

anuroc wrote:
guest81 wrote:

I don't think so. Rubio was great at the end of the game against the Nets because he (and the other starters) were rested after being in the bench until the last 6 minutes.
With Adelman he would have played 3 last minutes of the third quarter and the whole fourth, so he would have fumbled some passes and missed his last shots at crunch time.

Don't know what games were you watching with Adelman as a coach...but he didn' play much on the 4th. At least last year.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#64 » by Worm Guts » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:19 pm

guest81 wrote:
Depends on what you mean by superior. Superior as in top 5 at his position? then no he can't be.

Jason Kidd was pretty clearly a top 5 player at his position and a terrible scorer.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,087

Post#65 » by m2002brian » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm missing Ricky and it's only been a day and a half :(

I needs me some Wolves basketball.
BLUEGREENRED
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#66 » by Feilong » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:11 pm

Funny how half the board gets trolled by someone without a name or avatar.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#67 » by Klomp » Fri Nov 7, 2014 3:54 pm

m2002brian wrote:I'm missing Ricky and it's only been a day and a half :(

I needs me some Wolves basketball.

Tonight!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#68 » by GopherIt! » Sat Nov 8, 2014 5:16 am

"Scoring by the team is not overrated. Scoring by an individual is."

-C lupfucious.
Hambone93
Starter
And1: 501

Post#69 » by Hambone93 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 6:17 am

Scorn him now, but you'll love some love when he resigns here next season. It will be the crime of the century, with Cleveland playing the hapless victim.

You thought Klove wanted out of minnesota and was willing to sign with any other team long term?

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#70 » by Narf » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:01 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Depends on what you mean by superior. Superior as in top 5 at his position? then no he can't be.

Jason Kidd was pretty clearly a top 5 player at his position and a terrible scorer.

Arguably top 5 PG of all time.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,402

Post#71 » by guest81 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:38 pm

Narf wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Well Kidd was also a better passer, rebounder, defender, and a better shooter, but besides that yea they are the same
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by guest81 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:39 pm

Feilong wrote:Funny how half the board gets trolled by someone without a name or avatar.

That sounds like sarcasm, I don't think you think it's funny at all
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,827

Post#73 » by Zeitgeister » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:56 pm

guest81 wrote:
Narf wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Well Kidd was also a better passer, rebounder, defender, and a better shooter, but besides that yea they are the same

:lol: You're just spinning in circles at this point you don't seem to know what you're arguing about anymore.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by guest81 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 8:11 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Narf wrote:Arguably top 5 PG of all time.

:lol: You're just spinning in circles at this point you don't seem to know what you're arguing about anymore.

1. Kidd is better then Rubio
2. Scoring is not overrated
3. Rubio is a bad offensive player
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,827

Post#75 » by Zeitgeister » Sun Nov 9, 2014 9:07 pm

guest81 wrote:
Zeitgeister wrote:
guest81 wrote:

1. Kidd is better then Rubio
2. Scoring is not overrated
3. Rubio is a bad offensive player

Rubio is not a bad offensive player. Even with his inability to score efficiently he's an outstanding passer with great vision so he's a positive offensively.

No one is arguing that Rubio is better than Kidd. Jason Kidd was brought up as an example of a guy who's an all-time great point guard that wasn't a good scorer. He was brought up because it's a fitting example that happens to annihilate your argument.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#76 » by urinesane » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:48 am

Don't bother.

Someone that is constantly given logical information that completely contradicts their argument and then keep arguing the same point and flawed logic...is a troll (or a moron).

Neither is worth continuing to argue with (he's in a feedback loop).
Narf
Head Coach

Post#77 » by Narf » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:
guest81 wrote:Well Kidd was also a better passer, rebounder, defender, and a better shooter, but besides that yea they are the same

He's trolling, he doesn't believe what he's saying he just wants to annoy people until they're angry and then giggle because he "got one". All his posts are the same deal. Try and annoy people for a reaction.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#78 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:31 pm

I don't think it's trolling, there's lots of people with similar opinions. I don't they're right, but that doesn't mean it's not their legitimate take.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Narf » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I don't think it's trolling, there's lots of people with similar opinions. I don't they're right, but that doesn't mean it's not their legitimate take.

It's the way he goes about it that makes me think that. He's baiting IMHO, but doing it subtly. Could be wrong.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by guest81 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:42 pm

urinesane wrote:Don't bother.

Someone that is constantly given logical information that completely contradicts their argument and then keep arguing the same point and flawed logic...is a troll (or a moron).

Neither is worth continuing to argue with (he's in a feedback loop).

Come on, you haven't made any kind of point in a lot of your previous posts. If your just going to post insults and name calling, then who really is the troll?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves