ImageImageImage

Game 6: Timberwolves (2-3) at Heat (6:30 p.m., FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Re: Game 6: Timberwolves (2-3) at Heat (6:30 p.m., FSN) 

Post#301 » by southern wolf » Sun Nov 9, 2014 11:25 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
Foye wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:I wish we could trade Bud and/or Brew for a combo forward type to leave Hummel on the bench for ever.

He really should not get minutes even if we don't do that.

I don't see why Flip doesn't try Bud out as a stretch 4. Can he really be worse then him?

Hummel's really not that bad, but I don't see why we can't just give Bennett his minutes when he's fit.
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#302 » by Swish4 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 12:07 pm

Considering he's a 19 year old with zero NBA experience, I was very impressed with LaVine. Tremendous raw ability on both end, altering and blocking shots, rebounding and taking care of the ball, making some good passes and good decisions. He's a pretty smart young man to go along with his massive physical talent. He cemented to me that he will be a top player in this league some day, possibly very soon.
The Flash Rises
Freshman
And1: 42

Post#303 » by The Flash Rises » Sun Nov 9, 2014 12:23 pm

Appreciate the opinion guys, very welcoming. Hope Wiggins and Bennett become gems
TWInsider
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#304 » by TWInsider » Sun Nov 9, 2014 12:30 pm

Except the LaVine sub no real complaints. Plus happy to see that Young is looking better again.
TWInsider wrote:Don't call Wiggins Wiggy. He is supposed to become our superstar. The leader of the pack.

A guy called Wiggy is not going to make that happen. Call him King Wiggins, A-Wolf or whatever.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#305 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:14 pm

Anyone know what Wade said to Wiggs at the end of the game? Wade said more than the typical "good game" words.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#306 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:21 pm

Really dissapointed with Budinger. He's not ready when Flip calls his number. Every second he's in the court his trade value is dropping
I would be suprised if Flip can flip him to an asset. I he improves midseason
Trust the PRosas!
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#307 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:37 pm

We should look for a guy like G.Henderson, he is not getting to much playing time in Charlotte, and he has the same contract as Brewer or Budinger, PO next year.

Using RealGM Forums mobile app
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#308 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:41 pm

mercgold3 wrote:We should look gor a guy like G.Henderson, he is not getting to much playing time in Charlotte, and he has the same contract as Brewer or Budinger, PO next year.

Why is he getting benched anyway? I lurked on the Hornets forum and they are glad PJ Hairston is ahead of Hendo at the depth chart.
Trust the PRosas!
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#309 » by LaViggins » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:44 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Anyone know what Wade said to Wiggs at the end of the game? Wade said more than the typical "good game" words.

Wade asked Wiggins if he wanted to be great, Wiggins replied yes and Wade told him "You've got all the tools to be great, just keep working."

Wiggins- "Those words at the end of the game just motivate me, I'm already thinking about what he said, and its going to carry through for a long time now." "He's one of the people I watched growing up, one of the people I idolized. That guy right there is great."
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#310 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:48 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:We should look gor a guy like G.Henderson, he is not getting to much playing time in Charlotte, and he has the same contract as Brewer or Budinger, PO next year.

Why is he getting benched anyway? I lurked on the Hornets forum and they are glad PJ Hairston is ahead of Hendo at the depth chart.

I don't know, but between C.Brewer or Budinger, i rather give a chance to Henderson.

The contracts are pretty much the same.

Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#311 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:57 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
Nitroglycerin wrote:

I don't know, but between C.Brewer or Budinger, i rather give a chance to Henderson.

The contracts are pretty much the same.

Me too. I doubt Charlotte would want Brew or Bud. (I assume Clifford prefers Hairston and Neal over Hendo because of their shooting. Brew and Bud are terrible shooters)
I like Hendo. I remember watching the Bobcats sporting a starting lineup of Walker-Augustin-Hendo. Even tho he was undersized against SF's he didnt backed out
Trust the PRosas!
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#312 » by C.lupus » Sun Nov 9, 2014 4:14 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Anyone know what Wade said to Wiggs at the end of the game? Wade said more than the typical "good game" words.

I was watching the Miami feed and they asked Wade that question. I don't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of "you have skills and a bright future, keep working hard, etc." Kind of cool. KG pulled Wade aside when Wade was a rookie and did the same thing.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,890

Post#313 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 9, 2014 4:21 pm

C.lupus wrote:

I was watching the Miami feed and they asked Wade that question. I don't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of "you have skills and a bright future, keep working hard, etc." Kind of cool. KG pulled Wade aside when Wade was a rookie and did the same thing.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/531283615637069826[/tweet]

But the greatest takeaway for Wiggins came when Wade approached the rookie after the game and offered a few words of encouragement (no, they didn’t spend a time badmouthing LeBron James for abandoning each of them).

“He asked me if I wanted to be great,” Wiggins said of his postgame exchange with Wade. “I said yes. He said I’ve got all the tools to be great, just keep working.”
---
And those few seconds he spent with Wade after the final whistle were hardly a waste.

“Those words at the end of the game just motivate me,” Wiggins said. Already I’m thinking about what he said, and it’s going to carry through for a long time now.

“He’s one of the people I watched growing up, one of the people I idolized. That guy right there is great.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamih ... -of-wisdom
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#314 » by cojayar » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:16 pm

Sakuragi_ wrote:Anyone know of the best place to watch replays?

http://lahemerotecanba.blogspot.com.es/ ... MBERWOLVES

All games the day after in very good quality.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#315 » by MinneOOPalis » Sun Nov 9, 2014 10:33 pm

Watched the replay of the game and I have a few thoughts on it.

1. Lavine can play PG. This shouldn't even be debated anymore.
2. Wiggins was assertive but just wasn't hitting his shots. He usually made the right decision when he got the ball and had some nice attacks at the basket. I liked what I saw.
3. Gorqui is a special player. He goes on these little stretches where he just dominates the game on both ends. He just needs to be more consistent.
4. Shabazz is a microwave oven. Dude balled out and brought us back into the game. He deserves more playing time. I want to see him out there with Wiggins, Lavine, Gorqui, and Bennett. That lineup could be really fun.

A couple more thoughts on Lavine. I think he is truly going to be a special player. All those people who said he wouldn't be a productive player until two years from now... lets throw that out of the window. He showed he can play competent minutes at PG against a veteran team in his 2nd start since high school.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#316 » by urinesane » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:11 am

Sakuragi_ wrote:Watched the replay of the game and I have a few thoughts on it.

2. Wiggins was assertive but just wasn't hitting his shots. He usually made the right decision when he got the ball and had some nice attacks at the basket. I liked what I saw.
3. Gorqui is a special player. He goes on these little stretches where he just dominates the game on both ends. He just needs to be more consistent.
4. Shabazz is a microwave oven. Dude balled out and brought us back into the game. He deserves more playing time. I want to see him out there with Wiggins, Lavine, Gorqui, and Bennett. That lineup could be really fun.

A couple more thoughts on Lavine. I think he is truly going to be a special player. All those people who said he wouldn't be a productive player until two years from now... lets throw that out of the window. He showed he can play competent minutes at PG against a veteran team in his 2nd start since high school.

I liked that he was conscious of not trying to force things, even if it made him a bit too conservative at times. It's nice to see that awareness and I'm sure he will slowly become more aggressive as he gets more comfortable overall. Much easier than having him be over aggressive and taking bad shots or getting stuck trying to jump pass and then having to teach him to reign that in.

I like that not only is he an athletic freak, but he also has the intelligence to succeed at the NBA level and doesn't just rely on his physical abilities to bail him out.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#317 » by MinneOOPalis » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:43 pm

urinesane wrote:
Sakuragi_ wrote:Watched the replay of the game and I have a few thoughts on it.

I liked that he was conscious of not trying to force things, even if it made him a bit too conservative at times. It's nice to see that awareness and I'm sure he will slowly become more aggressive as he gets more comfortable overall. Much easier than having him be over aggressive and taking bad shots or getting stuck trying to jump pass and then having to teach him to reign that in.

I like that not only is he an athletic freak, but he also has the intelligence to succeed at the NBA level and doesn't just rely on his physical abilities to bail him out.

The main reason why I'm so high on him is because of his mental makeup and approach to the game. He's a confident man in his abilities on the court. He never seems shaken or indecisive in a erratic way. Im excited to see how he progresses. He's likely going to start for the next month or so.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves