ImageImageImage

Game 8: Timberwolves (2-5) at Pelicans (7 p.m., FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Re: Game 8: Timberwolves (2-5) at Pelicans (7 p.m., FSN) 

Post#101 » by southern wolf » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:30 am

I think people need to cool off on the 'Rubio is our saviour' talk, he's good, but lets not pretend he'd be carrying us to the playoffs if he was fit.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#102 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:32 am

PZiv wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
You mean, mercgold3, well i with picks / expring contracts / young prospects, maybe Lamb.

I take that deal and run the the fastest i can.
You are not going build a team to win championship in a couple of years with a C, like Pekovic. That is for sure.

You can if your PF is Ibaka. And they can give us their 2016 first round pick. Roberson or Lamb it doesn't matter. Altho I for change would like some average to above average defense on SG spot. Been painful for years

I was with the same opinion that you last year, that a Pek / Ibaka would be crazy, but i really dont believe in that anymore. Pek is a nice player, great offensvly, but nothing more than that.

He doesn´t defend, he is a injury prone, can´t jump, miss to many layups.
And offensvly against good defenders, you just need to stop in front of him, and he doesnt get 1 bucket.

To slow, to predictable.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#103 » by PZiv » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:33 am

southern wolf wrote:I think people need to cool off on the 'Rubio is our saviour' talk, he's good, but lets not pretend he'd be carrying us to the playoffs if he was fit.

Well in order to have a Rubio carrying us anywhere, we need a suitable SG partner. Kahn gambled with Brandon Roy, we flopped on Kevin Martin, now we're taking a long term chance with LaVine(altho this will take 2 years before we can calculate on this), we need to either draft or to shuffle.
mercgold3 wrote:...

here's revised trade for ya: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oshor5t
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#104 » by big3_8_19_21 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:35 am

On the upside, LaVine is already better than Mo. Hopefully he'll be the primary back-up to Rubio when he gets healthy again.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
cynskeptical
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#105 » by cynskeptical » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:36 am

I hope it's Flanders
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#106 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:39 am

PZiv wrote:
southern wolf wrote:

here's revised trade for ya: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oshor5t

Maybe is just me, but I would take that deal in a heartbeat with picks coming for us.

And is not because Pek is playing bad that im saying this, i always said this about him, same for Martin.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#107 » by PZiv » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:39 am

mercgold3 wrote:
I was with the same opinion that you last year, that a Pek / Ibaka would be crazy, but i really dont believe in that anymore. Pek is a nice player, great offensvly, but nothing more than that.

And offensvly against good defenders, you just need to stop in front of him, and he doesnt get 1 bucket.

To slow, to predictable.

They have Steven Adams who can replace Perkins straight away and they will take Pekovic's contract that will allow them to win games NOW. Which to them matters a lot more than anything else. Ibaka can also space the floor on the offense and I think that Pek can impose his dominance with spacing once they are all fit.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 850

Post#108 » by Dalvin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:40 am

I hope this spurs them on to be really competitive in every game starting tomorrow at Dallas. Just use this game to light a fire in them.

P.S.
Wasn't really a fan of what Adelman did last season, but was there a time when we got blown out this big with most of our players out with injuries?
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#109 » by PZiv » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:44 am

Dalvin wrote:I hope this spurs them on to be really competitive in every game starting tomorrow at Dallas. Just use this game to light a fire in them.

P.S.
Wasn't really a fan of what Adelman did last season, but was there a time when we got blown out this big with most of our players out with injuries?

The thing is, Flip pulled out whole 1st lineup quite shortly and let the scrubs play. Adelman is among Thibodeau-like coaches that run their players into the ground during regular season only to get steamed off by the playoff time. Also you might find "injury" and "Adelman" being closely linked since forever.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#110 » by southern wolf » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:45 am

I can't remember ever losing by this much.
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#111 » by Piecake » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:46 am

Well, the rookies looked pretty good. That is about the only positive from that game. Maybe they all got food poisoning in Mexico that made them suck at D?
PZiv
Veteran

Post#112 » by PZiv » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:48 am

Piecake wrote:Well, the rookies looked pretty good. That is about the only positive from that game. Maybe they all got food poisoning in Mexico that made them suck at D?

I wouldn't beat them much, there's nothing you can do against training-like 75% 3pt's made. And its been a gruesome trip for the Minnesota, so tomorrow it will be finally over.
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#113 » by Swish4 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:50 am

Mo and KMart are pretty useless to us and really, I don't think they always set a great example for the young guys especially defensively. If we can move them for a young big with potential, I'd hope we'd do it. Of course we'd need a veteran backup PG in a deal as well.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#114 » by lobishome » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:37 am

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#115 » by Note30 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:52 am

Sad day.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#116 » by FinnTheHuman » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:59 am

mercgold3 wrote:
PZiv wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
You mean, mercgold3, well i with picks / expring contracts / young prospects, maybe Lamb.

I take that deal and run the the fastest i can.
You are not going build a team to win championship in a couple of years with a C, like Pekovic. That is for sure.

You can if your PF is Ibaka. And they can give us their 2016 first round pick. Roberson or Lamb it doesn't matter. Altho I for change would like some average to above average defense on SG spot. Been painful for years

To slow, to predictable.

Everybody's got the right to an opinion as you've said million times, but please, stop repeating this particular one in every single post. I am tired of listening to you whining and trying to force your opinion on Pek. Yes, we get it, you think Pek is a poor player, but stop overcrowding every single page here with that opinion please.

Reading these game threads is not a joy at all when I have to see this crap every 3rd post.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#117 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:10 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
PZiv wrote:You can if your PF is Ibaka. And they can give us their 2016 first round pick. Roberson or Lamb it doesn't matter. Altho I for change would like some average to above average defense on SG spot. Been painful for years

To slow, to predictable.

Everybody's got the right to an opinion as you've said million times, but please, stop repeating this particular one in every single post. I am tired of listening to you whining and trying to force your opinion on Pek. Yes, we get it, you think Pek is a poor player, but stop overcrowding every single page here with that opinion please.

Reading these game threads is not a joy at all when I have to see this crap every 3rd post.

Sorry, not going to happend again.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#118 » by theGreatRC » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:49 am

You're right though Merc..Pek is limited offensively and he never gets on the good end of the whistle. I think his strength is good and bad because he's strong enough to move players around, but sometimes he's so strong it doesn't even look like there is contact.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#119 » by MinneOOPalis » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:04 am

You guys are in for a long season if you go into any game expecting a win (Unless its the Lakers). I could care less if we won or not, I just care to see game to game improvement from the guys.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#120 » by Krapinsky » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:06 am

I would argue not to overreact to how poorly some of the guys are playing without Rubio on the floor. Martin, Pek, Bennett, etc... it's hard to be effective offensively without a point guard on the roster (Lavine and Mo are both more 2's than 1's). For most teams, take away their point guards and they are not going to be very good. Unfortunately, we have a roster with only one true point.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves