ImageImageImage

Do you regret that we didn

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Do you regret that we didn

NO -
82%
YES -
11%
MAYBE GO WITH ANOTHER DEAL (BOSTON ? BULLS ?)
7%

Total votes: 57

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Re: Do you regret that we didn 

Post#21 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Feilong wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Feilong wrote:Since MIN doesn't know how to develop players i always go with the "ready" players option (GSW,CHI).

Yeah that Kevin Garnett sure turned out to be a bust

We had tons of 1st round picks in the last decade. How many are still playing for us?? Hmmm maybe only one? A guy who was already ready to play in the NBA.

Ricky Rubio, Zach LaVine, Gorgui Dieng, Shabazz Muhammad.

That's 1/3rd of our active roster, and not including second-round picks like Nikola Pekovic, Glenn Robinson and Robbie Hummel.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#22 » by Feilong » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Klomp wrote:
Feilong wrote:
Klomp wrote:Yeah that Kevin Garnett sure turned out to be a bust

We had tons of 1st round picks in the last decade. How many are still playing for us?? Hmmm maybe only one? A guy who was already ready to play in the NBA.

Ricky Rubio, Zach LaVine, Gorgui Dieng, Shabazz Muhammad.

That's 1/3rd of our active roster, and not including second-round picks like Nikola Pekovic, Glenn Robinson and Robbie Hummel.

You are smarter than that. You know what i meant. 1st round picks who stayed after their rookie contract.
It's only Rubio.
So it is only one player or if you consider that Rubio came ready to play and we didn't develop him the number is ZERO.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#23 » by C.lupus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Honestly, I think that's more of an indictment of their drafting ability than their developing ability.

Kevin Love turned out pretty good and he'd be on this team today if he hadn't forced his way out. Guys like Wes Johnson, Johnny Flynn, and Derrick Williams just weren't very good and still aren't on other teams.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#24 » by urinesane » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:56 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
urinesane wrote:This thread is dumb.

Not calling you dumb as a person, but this thread is dumb as a post/thread topic.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#25 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Feilong wrote:You are smarter than that. You know what i meant. 1st round picks who stayed after their rookie contract.
It's only Rubio.
So it is only one player or if you consider that Rubio came ready to play and we didn't develop him the number is ZERO.

Kevin Love stayed beyond his rookie contract. And he didn't come into the league as a 25/15 guy so to say we didn't develop him is wrong.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#26 » by Basti » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:13 am

I was never a fan of the proposed GSW deals - be it with Klay and much less without him - and I still am. Sure, he'd be a nice partner alongside Ricky but the rest of the offer wasn't really enticing at all. Not to mention that Wiggins has the potential to be a much better player. A team like the Wolves needs that.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#27 » by Worm Guts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:20 pm

If Klay keeps playing this well, then maybe we made a mistake. But in his 3 previous seasons he's never been close this good, and we're only 10 games in to this season.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#28 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Worm Guts wrote:If Klay keeps playing this well, then maybe we made a mistake. But in his 3 previous seasons he's never been close this good, and we're only 10 games in to this season.

But what if that guy refused to talk extention with Flip? and went into permanent sulk mode?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#29 » by Worm Guts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:If Klay keeps playing this well, then maybe we made a mistake. But in his 3 previous seasons he's never been close this good, and we're only 10 games in to this season.

But what if that guy refused to talk extention with Flip? and went into permanent sulk mode?

He's a restricted free agent. If we thought he could be this could consistently, then it's worth the gamble.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#30 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:07 am

As a Warriors fan I am glad we kept Klay, man he is tearing it up. Better quicker than even his fans imagined. And Love is struggling along with Cleveland :lol: But I have to say it would have been sweet to see a Rubio/Klay backcourt running and gunning, they are both nice players who would really complement each other, on offense and defense. Plus the League is so perimeter-oriented now.

Looking forward to when the Wolves are healthy - hopefully of the three teams Cleveland is the one struggling.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#31 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:08 am

I could be wrong, and hope to be so wrong about this.

But Wiggins doesn´t look a future superstar to me, i don´t feel the guy to be a superstar in the future.
And isn´t only me, look a lot of people saying that. A lot of "experts".
Yeah he is young, still learning, but...
He looks like a nice defensive player, and a better version of T.Allen on offense, but nothing more than that. Really.

And passing K.Thompson ? H.Barnes ?
Or a possible Bulls deal, with Butler and Mirotic (That guy looks like a future all-star to me)

Man, each day that pass, i´m getting more and more regret about the deal that we made.

I don´t want to believe any of this.
But this may have been another huge mistake by our FO. :banghead:
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#32 » by PZiv » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:19 am

mercgold3 wrote:I could be wrong, and hope to be so wrong about this.

But Wiggins doesn´t look a future superstar to me, i don´t feel the guy to be a superstar in the future.
And isn´t only me, look a lot of people saying that. A lot of "experts".
Yeah he is young, still learning, but...
He looks like a nice defensive player, and a better version of T.Allen on offense, but nothing more than that. Really.

And passing K.Thompson ? H.Barnes ?
Or a possible Bulls deal, with Butler and Mirotic (That guy looks like a future all-star to me)

Man, each day that pass, i´m getting more and more regret about the deal that we made.

I don´t want to believe any of this.
But this may have been another huge mistake by our FO. :banghead:

Its a current hindsight, Wiggins is 19 and youngest player by far from ones we discuss.
How would we know if Butler was going to be an allstar, next year already, or Klay to step up, we couldn't. And they were only 1 year before paycheck.
Wiggins currently shows flashes and thats honestly fine. It took Klay, Butler, DeMarcus, Harden few seasons to bake in and start rolling. Not every player has the same career projection. He might be looking tame, he might be looking not interested, but we might be overreacting from watching a PG-less team for too long, and a team that has 0 players from last years starting 5.

And on the other hand we don't know if Klay was on the table, neither Butler, for all the things we discuss, we could've gotten David Lee(good player) and Harrison Barnes(coming of a bad season) or Taj Gibson and Tony Snell(his team having regrets on passing Dieng and Gobert) and that would be piss poor compaired to the potential of CLE trade.
Cleveland offered the most and we took what we thought was cheapest and best in long term. And no matter what we couldn't contend for West playoffs ANYWAY.

Now the questionable part is: Thad Young for pick. Thats whole lot of a dilemma right now.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#33 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:19 am

Did Jimmy looke like a superstar his rookie or even sophomore year?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#34 » by Worm Guts » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:21 am

Even if Wiggins busts, I think it's the trade we had to make.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#35 » by PZiv » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:24 am

Worm Guts wrote:Even if Wiggins busts, I think it's the trade we had to make.

exactly. People give a lot of notion to hindsight. Its easiest to be a general after the battle.
Honestly Wiggins ain't busting anytime soon. We aren't even 3 months with him in team and there are 4 and more years to play him to see.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#36 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:26 am

I wasn´t talking about Butler, i was talking about Mirotic.

And forget the stats people.
I always like it Butler.

I just don´t feel that Andrew is going to be a superstar. He could be a good player tought.
My opinion. Forget the 19 yo, the stats, whatever.

I´m talking about the potencial.
And personal I don´t see anything in Wiggins to be a superstar (A franchise player, top 3 player in the league) like he was supose to be. Maybe a star. Not a superstar like James or A.Davis or Durant.
I could see them (David, James, Durant) being the future superstars that they are today in their rookie years.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#37 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:35 am

Worm Guts wrote:Even if Wiggins busts, I think it's the trade we had to make.

Yeah, that is provaly true.
I agreed, but that doesn´t mean we can´t discuss if we (fans) are regret or not. ;)
PZiv
Veteran

Post#38 » by PZiv » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:36 am

Neither is Mirotic going to be a superstar.
And he is pro player for 5 years, Wiggins played a resemblance of pro play for only 1. Really not a healthy comparison. And while we're at Mirotic I'll let this one out: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
Still getting Wiggins being star and few times allstar is good enough to make this trade justified. And if others might get better thats what we call opportunistical loss, it happens, simple as that. We weren't trading a Love with a healthy contract, but a disgruntled Love, which is harder asset to sell.
The only things certain were Boston and Cleveland trade, other 2 were blurry, supposedly we thought we would gut either Chicago or Golden State roster for disgruntled Love, which was impossible, and still I think we would get Doug McDermott rather than Mirotic. Klay was never on the table, neither were one of Butler or Mirotic. And financially both trades other than CLE would prove to be unhealthy for us.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#39 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:41 am

PZiv wrote:Neither is Mirotic going to be a superstar.
And he is pro player for 5 years, Wiggins played a resemblance of pro play for only 1. Really not a healthy comparison. And while we're at Mirotic I'll let this one out: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
Still getting Wiggins being star and few times allstar is good enough to make this trade justified. And if others might get better thats what we call opportunistical loss, it happens, simple as that. We weren't trading a Love with a healthy contract, but a disgruntled Love, which is harder asset to sell.
The only things certain were Boston and Cleveland trade, other 2 were blurry, supposedly we thought we would gut either Chicago or Golden State roster for disgruntled Love, which was impossible, and still I think we would get Doug McDermott rather than Mirotic. Klay was never on the table, neither were one of Butler or Mirotic. And financially both trades other than CLE would prove to be unhealthy for us.

"Neither is Mirotic going to be a superstar"
Sure, but Wiggins provaly isn´t going to be either. My opinion.

We don´t know if Klay was on the table or not, But There are reports that he was on the table for sure.
And definetly were reports talking about a Bulls offer of Mirotic / Gibson / McDermott for K.Love.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#40 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:44 am

The only Bulls report I remember was some garbage like Taj and Snell.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves