ImageImageImage

Forward production

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Re: Forward production 

Post#21 » by minimus » Wed Dec 3, 2014 10:30 am

Viljanen wrote:I can´t believe I will have to eat some of my words about Shabazz. He is putting more effort than anybody of our team out there and right now is one of our most productive players.
He´s earning a spot in the NBA. Defense will dictate if he can be a starter or just a rotational energy guy from the bench.

Exactly. Nothing extraordinary, just hustle plays on offensive boards, fastbreak points, back door cuts and his patented left jump hooks. If he learns some defensive principles, put same effort on defensive boards constantly, he will be starting material.

At this point I'd rather trade Brewer than him.
slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#22 » by slinky » Wed Dec 3, 2014 1:32 pm

rebelx wrote:Forward production per 40 minutes:

I'm a Bennett apologist.....but it's simply because I've watched a lot of basketball in my life, and have seen very few players as big and as young as Bennett is, take over games and score inside and outside like he does (or can do).

Unfortunately, he's been relegated to late round draft pick minutes and never been given 1st pick overall minutes that the Wolves are giving to Wiggins. If Bennett had gotten those minutes (or if he could get them now), if he'd been given 32 mpg like Wiggins is getting.....he'd have better numbers Wiggins. Not that it's a race between the two....I just don't understand the way one is treated vs. the other.

Bazz's 40 mpg numbers kinda surprised me a bit too.....

I want Bennett to play more as well, but I do think he needs to earn it and bide his time. I don't think you can treat him the same as Wiggins as you suggest. And the biggest reason is right or wrong, they are paying a veteran 9mil at the same position. You can argue they should of or shouldn't have traded for Young, but they did, and a team is not going to just sit that money on the bench. So Bennett needs to find his niche. Sort of like Baz. Carve out min here and there, and unfortunately wait for a trade or injury to Young.

Bennett has been solid, and I still think he has very good potential, but he hasn't done anything to force Saunders to play him. With Baz it got to a point where Flip really had no choice but to play him because he proved he was one of best players on the court every time he got a chance.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#23 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 3, 2014 2:16 pm

Just based on playing time, I'm guessing Bennett isn't where he's supposed to be most of the time. His production has been good.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#24 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:22 pm

As long as Bazz is in, I don't see anything wrong with Bennett not posting up so Bazz can. Just kinda switch their roles and let Bennett drag the PF out to the line and let Bazz post up the smaller SF? In theory it should be fine. :D
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#25 » by GopherIt! » Sun Dec 7, 2014 11:20 pm

I agree w the Mamba.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves