Post#81 » by C.lupus » Sat Dec 6, 2014 7:44 pm

This kind of explains a lot...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MNTimberwolves/status/541306110066835457[/tweet]
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Re: Pek is done rumour 

Post#82 » by guest81 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 8:43 pm

C.lupus wrote:This kind of explains a lot...

I already checked it out. It's just two monkeys playing operation together. They aren't very good
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#83 » by Note30 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 9:10 pm

This is why we need an owner with deep pockets.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#84 » by GopherIt! » Sat Dec 6, 2014 9:34 pm

C.lupus wrote:This kind of explains a lot...

I'm going to sign up. If Brewer suddnly gets traded I may or may not have anything to do with it.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#85 » by guest81 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 9:59 pm

Note30 wrote:This is why we need an owner with deep pockets.

what do you mean? Glen makes it rain with 2nd round picks in the club!
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#86 » by breatnach » Sat Dec 6, 2014 10:29 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:I really believe strongly that teams will be given another amnesty to use when the new CBA is struck. Sad to be talking about this with Pek but we're certainly heading in that direction. With his contract and the amount of time he spends in street clothes he is going to be darn near unmovable and a prime candiate for amnesty as he has another 3 years left after this. Add to that this draft is pretty loaded with bigs which suggests we could be looking at a 4/5 in the draft and the future is murky for dear old Pek. I hate saying all this but he is just too dam unreliable and expensive to keep. Here's hoping he can string enough time on the court and form to get a team to bite.

Edit: I just remembered who our owner is so disregard that amnesty nonsense.

Even though the cap will increase in 2016, the CBA won't expire until after the 2017 season. Pek is signed until after the 2018 season (which may be shortened due to the impending lockout), so there really isn't any reason for buying him out. At that point he might actually have positive trade value as an expiring.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#87 » by Note30 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 10:52 pm

guest81 wrote:

Honestly, 2nd round pick selling isn't just what nags me. Yes we lost some potential talent, but when you make a mistake in the 1st round it usually hurts more. In any case, what bugs me is the lack of **** he gives about this team. Hiring proper medical staff, better marketing, trying to build a team off of deals that would help us regardless of financial situation. I don't expect a Mikhail Pokhorov type owner either. Where the owner just throws money at problems and expects it to work out. Personally I think that some mix of Mark Cuban / Sam Presti is the type of owner/ GM combo we need. Yes he throws money at problems, but with the right GM he could hire the proper development personnel and medical staff. I don't mind Flip considering he's been a positive compared to Kahn (setting the bar very low). The other thing is that Flip cares a lot about this team. But we definitely need someone to reset the Wolves.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#88 » by Narf » Sun Dec 7, 2014 12:10 am

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Wolves have been reset. I'd expect a couple deadline trades as well. Brewer and Budinger are at the top of that list, if Bud gets his crap together and starts hitting shots.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#89 » by minimus » Sun Dec 7, 2014 5:40 am

Narf wrote:Oh, I'm pretty sure the Wolves have been reset. I'd expect a couple deadline trades as well. Brewer and Budinger are at the top of that list, if Bud gets his crap together and starts hitting shots.

At least Budinger is healthy now. So we have some time before deadline, so he can bounce back and show some positive things.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,915

Post#90 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 8, 2014 4:21 pm

Note30 wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Honestly, 2nd round pick selling isn't just what nags me. Yes we lost some potential talent, but when you make a mistake in the 1st round it usually hurts more. In any case, what bugs me is the lack of **** he gives about this team. Hiring proper medical staff, better marketing, trying to build a team off of deals that would help us regardless of financial situation. I don't expect a Mikhail Pokhorov type owner either. Where the owner just throws money at problems and expects it to work out. Personally I think that some mix of Mark Cuban / Sam Presti is the type of owner/ GM combo we need. Yes he throws money at problems, but with the right GM he could hire the proper development personnel and medical staff. I don't mind Flip considering he's been a positive compared to Kahn (setting the bar very low). The other thing is that Flip cares a lot about this team. But we definitely need someone to reset the Wolves.

If Taylor didn't care, Kevin Love would still be here and we'd have another mediocre season before he'd leave next summer.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#91 » by gold0259 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Kevin Love made Pekovic a very rich man. Pekovic just looks like he is in labor running the floor, I feel bad because with Love and Pek they were a great tandem. pek just doesn't look like he has confidence in the time he has played this year. Even with Ricky's slick passing, Pek can't jump, gets his shot blocked. Sad because he was special and a force now he is just an overpaid injured C
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#92 » by ace625214 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:18 am

gold0259 wrote:Kevin Love made Pekovic a very rich man. Pekovic just looks like he is in labor running the floor, I feel bad because with Love and Pek they were a great tandem. pek just doesn't look like he has confidence in the time he has played this year. Even with Ricky's slick passing, Pek can't jump, gets his shot blocked. Sad because he was special and a force now he is just an overpaid injured C

Pek has always started the season slowly. He would take the summers off to rest, then round into form during the first month. The only issue with that this season is that he didn't make it a month in before getting hurt. He's still just as talented, he's just broken down.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves