ImageImageImage

Happy Australia Day: Timberpups @ Hawks (5 PM)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Happy Australia Day: Timberpups @ Hawks (5 PM) 

Post#41 » by The J Rocka » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:19 am

Flip probably should've put in Daniels over Bud. That's about all he could've done differently.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#42 » by PZiv » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 am

The J Rocka wrote:
PZiv wrote:Why arent we shooting 3s ? I am sick of us sticking to shooting 2s, 2s, 2s, 2s, barely cutting deficit only to be lighting-struck by opposing teams 3s.

Who on the team is going to make them?

Certainly not Bud or Young. Wiggins hasn't been hitting them since the Nuggets game over a week ago.

Anyone
And we pay Bud 5M to be what? Glorified long 2 chucker? He was paid to be a perimeter guy.
We dont even run our actions for 3s, we keep ramming ourselves into Horford, time and time again, while having no answer for Teague penetration. We are gonna follow them as long as their 3s dont come.

I call misscoaching on whole teams performance, this team has talent to be atleast semi-decent as Utah Jazz now, and only thing I see is, is a game that makes our vets look like clowns and slows development of our youth, which is critical.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#43 » by Sothron » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:46 am

Obviously this was a tough game for me to watch but this stretch without Rubio is just showing in spades how vital he is to our team. Lavine and Mo are combo guards read shooting guards and we need Rubio to run the offense and set the table. Not having him is going to leave our team in a constant turmoil.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#44 » by Calinks » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:48 am

I want to pick up a PG. Flip doesn't give a damn though cause the tank is working well.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#45 » by Narf » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 am

Calinks wrote:I want to pick up a PG. Flip doesn't give a damn though cause the tank is working well.

I'm with Flip on this one. If we're going to suck we might as well tank and sell off some vets. I'm not sure that people who speak like experts on developing youth in a message board are actually knowledgeable about such things. I'm not, but I'm hopeful this disaster experience at PG gives LaVine some tools he needs going forward at SG. And Wiggins/Shabazz have come a long way this year. So we'll see.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#46 » by minimus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:20 am

^^ Well, you might not be expert in developing youth. But you have to notice something is happening with your team. We are one of the worst teams in the NBA, probably absolutely worst in many stats categories. I am sure that even quality backup PG could distribute ball better than we do. Currently many possesions end up as difficult shots or turnovers. And I'm sure that Wiggins, LaVine, Shabazz and Bennet will develop faster in organized offense.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#47 » by Feilong » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:09 am

More injuries.
No PG
Pek too many minutes ... Bumbulica warms the bench
Mo too many minutes ... Lavine warms the bench
Bennett being the sack of potatoes he is.
Another classic Wolves day.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#48 » by packforfreedom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 am

Our Shooters can't shoot, our Point Guards can't pass or make plays and our defensive anchor can't defend.

I'd love to have Millsap on the team. Let's throw big money at him in the offseason. Also Korvers three point shooting is so sexy. I'm happy for the hawks. Great team allaround.
A1FromDay1
Senior
And1: 121

Post#49 » by A1FromDay1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 am

packforfreedom wrote: I'm happy for the hawks. Great team allaround.

Calinks wrote:Man Hawks are out spuring the spurs.

It's the first time I watch the Hawks the season and I'm really impressed. Would love to see them in the finals vs the Spurs
Homo homini lupus est.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#50 » by minimus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:29 pm

I didn't know that Neven Spahija is asisstant coach in ATL...
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#51 » by Sothron » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm

I can't see Millsap leaving Atlanta. As most of you guys know I am a Hawks and Wolves fan so I follow both team fairly religiously. Millsap will get a max deal if need be to stay in Atlanta and they have the cap room to keep him and DMC.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves