ImageImageImage

Pek is going to be a bargain soon....

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Re: Pek is going to be a bargain soon.... 

Post#21 » by ace625214 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 pm

guest81 wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
southern wolf wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm not blaming the players. I just said they get paid too much.

They don't get paid too much at all. They have a lot of skill in a highly desirable area. People love entertainment. It would be like if there were only two doctors in the world who could perform a certain cosmetic operation, and then people complained that those doctors made too much money. There are markets for everything, and these guys are skilled in a very lucrative one.

They aren't making too much if you stop looking at it as elementary as "just playing a game" rather then a sector of the population that only 0.01% are ever good enough to be in, in a multi billion dollar industry where they're the main attraction.

Yep. They provide entertainment to millions of people that only a select few are capable of providing.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#22 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:10 am

There's definitely a key number of games played no matter what you're making. For Pek with the cap rising, 65 is close, but I'm thinking into the 70s would seal the deal. 65 is still missing over 20% of the season.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#23 » by Narf » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:There's definitely a key number of games played no matter what you're making. For Pek with the cap rising, 65 is close, but I'm thinking into the 70s would seal the deal. 65 is still missing over 20% of the season.

I think it's likely Pek will play more games but for fewer minutes going forward. One benefit of Dieng and possibly a Towns/Okafor/Cauley-Stein progressing is Pek won't need to play 32 minutes for the Wolves to compete nightly.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves