Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Re: Wolves select Zach LaVine 

Post#81 » by Twolf16 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:39 am

Mattya wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:Are we going to analyze how he shook hands with Silver as well?

:lol: It's funny because he still doesn't want to be here! Oh well, cheers to athleticism.

I'm guessing someone really smart posted the same type of comment after Rubio didn't look happy to be drafted by the Wolves.

Did Rubio say "F*** ME"? Where his employers and fan base could see? Not to mention millions of other people...
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#82 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:40 am

Esohny wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:
Why not, it's on video.

If only he could smile like Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson.

Did he need to when he leaned forward so effectively when talking to Flip? Money in the bank.

Hopefully he doesn't have the early signs of osteoporosis or people will have another think to complain about.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#83 » by Twolf16 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:41 am

Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:
Mattya wrote:Are we going to analyze how he shook hands with Silver as well?

Why not, it's on video.

Exactly, but more like 95 percent of draftees!
Mattya
RealGM

Post#84 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:41 am

Twolf16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Twolf16 wrote: :lol: It's funny because he still doesn't want to be here! Oh well, cheers to athleticism.

I'm guessing someone really smart posted the same type of comment after Rubio didn't look happy to be drafted by the Wolves.

Did Rubio say "F*** ME"? Where his employers and fan base could see? Not to mention millions of other people...

Literally sound just like those wonderful posters back then.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#85 » by Esohny » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:42 am

Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Did he need to when he leaned forward so effectively when talking to Flip? Money in the bank.

Hopefully he doesn't have the early signs of osteoporosis or people will have another think to complain about.

Who's complaining? I don't think it matters whether he was mad about being picked or not. I'm amused about what qualifies for consideration though.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#86 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:43 am

Esohny wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:

Who's complaining? I don't think it matters whether he was mad about being picked or not. I'm amused about what qualifies for consideration though.

Are you reading this board right now? The vast majority is complaining. Which is a good thing. Like I said, it must mean we did something right.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#87 » by Twolf16 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:44 am

Mattya wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:I'm guessing someone really smart posted the same type of comment after Rubio didn't look happy to be drafted by the Wolves.

What is your point? As a fan base we definitely get the privilege to overreact. Even if he becomes a superstar.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#88 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:45 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/1500espn_reusse/status/482378494081388544[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 am

Twolf16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:Did Rubio say "F*** ME"? Where his employers and fan base could see? Not to mention millions of other people...

What is your point? As a fan base we definitely get the privilege to overreact. Even if he becomes a superstar.

Why not have some patience? Like we learned with Kevin Love.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#90 » by Esohny » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 am

Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:
Are you reading this board right now? The vast majority is complaining. Which is a good thing. Like I said, it must mean we did something right.

Like I said, I don't care about his reaction. I care about his lack of basketball skills though. I also think your selective memory about past decisions/reactions/outcomes is interesting too, but whatever makes you feel better.
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#91 » by Murphs56 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 am

Whether or not he was overcome with emotion or disappointed, I don't really care. I just want to see if he can play. I hear a lot of Potential and Athleticism. Usually when you hear those 2 words mixed together, it means he's lacking in important areas
Mattya
RealGM

Post#92 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:49 am

Esohny wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:

Like I said, I don't care about his reaction. I care about his lack of basketball skills though. I also think your selective memory about past decisions/reactions/outcomes is interesting too, but whatever makes you feel better.

:lol: Yes, my selective memory is completely forgetting the complete meltdown of the OJ Mayo debacle.

I will sleep just fine, because I don't spazz out like the majority of this board every year during the draft.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#93 » by Esohny » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:51 am

Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:
Mattya wrote:

:lol: Yes, my selective memory is completely forgetting the complete meltdown of the OJ Mayo debacle.

Luckily people loved the Flynn situation and that turned out well. And nobody questioned Wes Johnson's selection. Get real.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#94 » by Twolf16 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:51 am

Mattya wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Patience, for some, is limited, and when things don't go our way, we loose it. Complaining reduces stress, allowing us to regain our equilibrium and make better judgements. I know many of us (myself) are overly upset, but he literally said those words upon being drafted. It is hard to be hopeful and patient when this kid should just smile and be happy he got a job.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#95 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:54 am

Twolf16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:What is your point? As a fan base we definitely get the privilege to overreact. Even if he becomes a superstar.

Patience, for some, is limited, and when things don't go our way, we loose it. Complaining reduces stress, allowing us to regain our equilibrium and make better judgements. I know many of us (myself) are overly upset, but he literally said those words upon being drafted. It is hard to be hopeful and patient when this kid should just smile and be happy he got a job.

Maybe take a step back and not take this stuff too seriously. Read whatever you want out of it. I'll just get the popcorn and enjoy the ridiculous posts. Like every year.

and plenty of people bought into the Wes Johnson hype, and the Jonny Flynn hype. How soon the board forgets.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#96 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:56 am

Some of you guys are just hating on LaVine. He's a stud! Say you were the GM, who would you rather draft then?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Mattya
RealGM

Post#97 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:56 am

Esohny wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Esohny wrote:

Luckily people loved the Flynn situation and that turned out well. And nobody questioned Wes Johnson's selection. Get real.

And plenty of people hated trading Trey Burke, and loved Derrick Williams. Time to realize this board at draft time is absolutely ridiculous.
AttackTheRack
Junior
And1: 82

Post#98 » by AttackTheRack » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:56 am

Good pick. He has upside - a lot of it. Rubio can work with him, easily. Same with GR3. Good athletes, good skills.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#99 » by Twolf16 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:58 am

Mattya wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Maybe take a step back and not take this stuff too seriously
. Read whatever you want out of it. I'll just get the popcorn and enjoy the ridiculous posts. Like every year.

Ha, speak for yourself.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#100 » by Esohny » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:58 am

Mattya wrote:
And plenty of people hated trading Trey Burke, and loved Derrick Williams. Time to realize this board at draft time is absolutely ridiculous.

If it has this magical inverse predictive power, we should surely pay attention. Someone should call Flip as well.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves