ImageImageImage

True Vets

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

tvwolves7
Junior
And1: 1

True Vets 

Post#1 » by tvwolves7 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:51 am

While trying to process today's trade, I started to think about the impact this will have in the locker room. We have Gary Neal, the veteran shooter who has played overseas, the D-League, and the Spurs organization. He has won the NBA Finals as a role player and obviously majority of any NBA team is made up of just role players.

And we also have Kevin Garnett, who has been an All-Pro player and who can give advice to the young players who have shown flashes of stardom. Garnett plays with passion and defensive intensity that boost others around him. And lastly, he is someone that will buy into teaching our young players much more than Young. That is not a knock at Young, but we all know that Garnett's intensity and passion for basketball and the wolves organization is much deeper than NBA player currently playing.

So to me I applaud these trades simply because of the true veteran leadership this locker room needs for the long term success of this franchise. This is a year to teach and build our youth, who better then the individual who raised this organization in the first place, KEVIN GARNETT!
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: True Vets 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:00 am

word has been that Neal will get bought out
tvwolves7
Junior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by tvwolves7 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:11 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:word has been that Neal will get bought out

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/practic ... eturn-home

Saunders said there’s been no talk of a buy out and he expects Neal to contribute to the team.

“I like Gary because he’s got the ability to really shoot the ball,” Saunders said. “… We didn’t trade for Gary with the idea that we’re going to buy him out.”

Neal said that he’s blessed to be in Minnesota for another opportunity in the NBA.

“It’s a blessing, “Neal said. “… I’m going to come here and practice and play as hard as I can possibly play every single day.”

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:12 am

i'll be damned
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#5 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:07 am

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves