Suns at Wolves, 7 p.m.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,924

Re: Re: Suns at Wolves, 7 p.m. 

Post#181 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:09 am

minimus wrote:The question is are we ok with winning a few games and decreasing our chances to get #1?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/568992039909629953[/tweet]

For the record, a .500 record in the last 28 games puts us at 26-54 (.317). That would currently be the fifth-worst winning percentage/fifth-best lottery odds.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Re: Suns at Wolves, 7 p.m. 

Post#182 » by Note30 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 am

I think one thing that really stood out was Dieng playing PF. Having Garnett back is gonna be huge. Dieng did a relatively good job at PF, If we got Towns we'd be in good shape for the frontcourt especially if we go with traditional style play. There would be a ton of options. Towns can also hit the 3, Dieng with that midrange, would put us in a very good position.

The other thing is that after seeing Wiggins tonight, I'm convinced he has Kobe/TMac potential. Kobe really wasn't joking, I can kinda see an 18 year old Kobe in him.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#183 » by Foye » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 am

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:The question is are we ok with winning a few games and decreasing our chances to get #1?

For the record, a .500 record in the last 28 games puts us at 26-54 (.317). That would currently be the fifth-worst winning percentage/fifth-best lottery odds.

I like the mindset but hopefully GM Flip will draw the right conclusion once it's time to do so and keep this team from passing the Magic, Kings, Jazz, Nuggets & Celtics.

There is no way we are finishing with a bottom three record. We are better than the Lakers, Sixers & Knicks. However, it should be a huge priority to get the best possible pick so the 4th worst record is a must-have.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#184 » by Feilong » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:13 am

Foye wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I like the mindset but hopefully GM Flip will draw the right conclusion once it's time to do so and keep this team from passing the Magic, Kings, Jazz, Nuggets & Celtics.

There is no way we are finishing with a bottom three record. We are better than the Lakers, Sixers & Knicks. However, it should be a huge priority to get the best possible pick so the 4th worst record is a must-have.

I agree with this. Our goal should be the 4th worse record.
Mock Draft.
#1 Knicks -> Okafor
#2 Lakers -> Mudiay
#3 PHI -> Russell
#4 MIN -> Towns
----------------------------
PHI is not interested in Towns (Embiid, Noel, Saric)
Knicks and Lakers if the don't have the #1 pick (Okafor) they will go for a potential franchise player. Towns is not a franchise player.
If we end having #4 i believe Towns will be available.
criteriado
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#185 » by criteriado » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:20 am

Foye wrote:
Klomp wrote:

We have such an enormous gap between us and the Magic, Denver, Jazz...They are winning at a .370 clip. We're not going to be a .500 team the rest of the way, we'll probably be a .400 team. We are still playing Lavine and Bennett minutes and KG will only be able play 20 or so.

We've built such a lead on them, that I'm not even worried.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#186 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:28 am

Note30 wrote:I think one thing that really stood out was Dieng playing PF. Having Garnett back is gonna be huge. Dieng did a relatively good job at PF, If we got Towns we'd be in good shape for the frontcourt especially if we go with traditional style play. There would be a ton of options. Towns can also hit the 3, Dieng with that midrange, would put us in a very good position.

The other thing is that after seeing Wiggins tonight, I'm convinced he has Kobe/TMac potential. Kobe really wasn't joking, I can kinda see an 18 year old Kobe in him.
It's not gonna take you guys long to get elite again...like in the prime KG years elite. Wiggins is the truth, the Cavs will regret that trade. Maybe not now but in like 5-7 years when LeBron is closer to his late 30's, then it'll start to hurt.

But overall I'm glad when things can start going right for a team when a smarter man is in charge. Flip is slowly fixing that team.

Props to you T-Wolves fans....better days are ahead.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#187 » by minimus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Just watched the game. Bledsoe is a joke, not starting PG for the max, they should have signed Dragic. I thought that Pek would easily get 20pt on 50% shooting, but Len mobility and length bothered him. But I think it was more mentality, Pek was not agressive enough, but fortunately for us Pek woke up in 4th qtr, blocked Len, scored after difficult Rubio assist. Rubio was everywhere, such a big influence; I believe that his poor shooting is related to stamina, so backup PG should carry the load when Ricky rests. Free LoBron!

Morris brothers had 45 (!!!) pts, undersized, not super athletic combo forwards had 45 pts against us. It is something that describe perfectly our frontcourt defense and PF situation particularly. Markieff Morris is such a smart player, he exploited every weakness of Bennet, Dieng, Pek and Dieng, he moved off the ball, scored in ISO, posted up Dieng, used pump fakes to earn FT, found open lanes after our bad defensive rotations. His decisions making was almost perfect. So there is nothing you can do when you play young without defensive awareness and discipline against player with high BBIQ. For instance, there was a moment when Dieng and Payne jumped for rebound against each other, instead of boxing out one opponent.

Payne is prospect, not basketball player at this moment. He should have gone in 2nd round, then get experience in Dleague or overseas. He also puts the ball too low, almost on the level of knees, when he shoots. Block was beautiful; we miss such blocks since Dante has gone. Overall bad game for him. Before the game I had doubts about Bjelica possible signing, but now I'm sure that we should sign him to fill the void at PF. And I see a lot of work for KG.

Positive things: Wiggins didn't look strange in offensive flow. He scored naturally, didn't force things. With Rubio fastbreak points with Shabazz, Wiggins and LaVine can be our strength. Shabazz started to use change of direction in fastbreak, it is not eurostep yet, but it is very encouraging sign. In this game we completed transition from offense that heavily relied on bigman passing from high post to PnR offense with Rubio. Last man who played point forward was Thad. If I think about PnR bigman Bjelica signing makes too much sense.

P.S. One moment I realized that we played two good 3pt shooters in lineup: Neal and Martin. It was so strange for Wolves :) But we should make these open 3pt
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#188 » by C.lupus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Klomp wrote:
C.lupus wrote:Is that who hugs Miller? I was trying to figure out who that was.

Miller? Wasn't that Mozgov?

I guess it is. I was looking at it on a small screen last night. Just saw a white guy and assumed it was Miller. :oops:
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#189 » by Foye » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:55 pm

criteriado wrote:
Foye wrote:
Klomp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/568992039909629953[/tweet]

We have such an enormous gap between us and the Magic, Denver, Jazz...They are winning at a .370 clip. We're not going to be a .500 team the rest of the way, we'll probably be a .400 team. We are still playing Lavine and Bennett minutes and KG will only be able play 20 or so.

We've built such a lead on them, that I'm not even worried.

Just remember 10 games ago we were 7-37 far away from the 12 win Lakers. Now we are 12-42 and just one win away.

Not everyone in that range will continue to play at their current pace.
Denver have blown it up. They won't win many games that's for sure.
NBACommissioner
Banned User
And1: 177

Post#190 » by NBACommissioner » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:42 pm

minimus wrote:Just watched the game. Bledsoe is a joke, not starting PG for the max, they should have signed Dragic. I thought that Pek would easily get 20pt on 50% shooting, but Len mobility and length bothered him. But I think it was more mentality, Pek was not agressive enough, but fortunately for us Pek woke up in 4th qtr, blocked Len, scored after difficult Rubio assist. Rubio was everywhere, such a big influence; I believe that his poor shooting is related to stamina, so backup PG should carry the load when Ricky rests. Free LoBron!

Morris brothers had 45 (!!!) pts, undersized, not super athletic combo forwards had 45 pts against us. It is something that describe perfectly our frontcourt defense and PF situation particularly. Markieff Morris is such a smart player, he exploited every weakness of Bennet, Dieng, Pek and Dieng, he moved off the ball, scored in ISO, posted up Dieng, used pump fakes to earn FT, found open lanes after our bad defensive rotations. His decisions making was almost perfect. So there is nothing you can do when you play young without defensive awareness and discipline against player with high BBIQ. For instance, there was a moment when Dieng and Payne jumped for rebound against each other, instead of boxing out one opponent.

Payne is prospect, not basketball player at this moment. He should have gone in 2nd round, then get experience in Dleague or overseas. He also puts the ball too low, almost on the level of knees, when he shoots. Block was beautiful; we miss such blocks since Dante has gone. Overall bad game for him. Before the game I had doubts about Bjelica possible signing, but now I'm sure that we should sign him to fill the void at PF. And I see a lot of work for KG.

Positive things: Wiggins didn't look strange in offensive flow. He scored naturally, didn't force things. With Rubio fastbreak points with Shabazz, Wiggins and LaVine can be our strength. Shabazz started to use change of direction in fastbreak, it is not eurostep yet, but it is very encouraging sign. In this game we completed transition from offense that heavily relied on bigman passing from high post to PnR offense with Rubio. Last man who played point forward was Thad. If I think about PnR bigman Bjelica signing makes too much sense.

P.S. One moment I realized that we played two good 3pt shooters in lineup: Neal and Martin. It was so strange for Wolves :) But we should make these open 3pt

I don't know I thought Anthony Bennett played solid D on Morris. Morris scored most of his point on switches while AB was out there on switches. It was frustrating to see Bennett Injured he looked like he was going to have a very good game and was playing aggressively which ironically is how he got injured.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#191 » by C.lupus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Sweet, Adam Silver is posting here now! Can you please put a stop to the sleeved jerseys? Thanks!
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#192 » by Note30 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:21 pm

C.lupus wrote:Sweet, Adam Silver is posting here now! Can you please put a stop to the sleeved jerseys? Thanks!

He also supports the Wolves using endearing terms such as we and us! Maybe we'll get the 1st overall, and have a lot of trades that we don't like vetoed, and then we can relocate those players to our franchise!
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#193 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:50 pm

I'm really not worried about us winning too many games. We wont be that good. We will have gone from atrocious to just shy of middling. We will win more games, that's for sure but we aren't going to wind up in like 6th or 7th position. At worst, maybe five. More likely 3-4. I also feel like we have a better chance of getting a top 3 pick if we are in the 3-5 range anyways but that's just a feeling.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#194 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris contracts are so NICE.
What a steal.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#195 » by packforfreedom » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:24 am

great win. Pek had a bad game and Rubios shot looks flat again. Payne will have time to prove himself, this time he was pretty invisible on the court. Len looks awesome, he'll be a defensive force for years to come.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#196 » by MinneOOPalis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Bledsoe is not that good. Just a dude throwing his body around.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#197 » by packforfreedom » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:14 pm

MinneOOPalis wrote:Bledsoe is not that good. Just a dude throwing his body around.

he doesn't seem to have high BBIQ either. They should've traded him and kept Dragic instead.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#198 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Payne hiding behind Pek then going for the emphatic block,Rubio with the pass and Bazz with the circus and1 finish sequence was amazing
Trust the PRosas!
JimBreuer45
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#199 » by JimBreuer45 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:05 pm

I just have to say, the refs in the Phx-Minn game were awful. Both ways. That's all.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves