ImageImageImage

KG: How many minutes?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

fg4814
Freshman
And1: 16

KG: How many minutes? 

Post#1 » by fg4814 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 pm

So, Kevin Garnett is back in Minny. Thad Young's off to Brooklyn to replace him. The burning questions are: Will KG start on the Wolves? Will he retire at the end of the season?
KG is a good addition to a lackluster Minnesota squad. Will he stand out in Minnesota?
Let me know what you guys think. :D
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Re: KG: How many minutes? 

Post#2 » by AQuintus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 pm

fg4814 wrote: Will KG start on the Wolves?

Yes.

Will he retire at the end of the season?

No.

KG is a good addition to a lackluster Minnesota squad. Will he stand out in Minnesota?

Yes.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#3 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Honestly, I feel like the three-headed PF monster could each get 10-20 minutes a game, depending on matchups and who's playing well.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#4 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:59 pm

To expand on Aquintus' post...

Yes, he will definitely start. May only play 15-20 minutes, though.

It's been reported that KG wants to play at least one more year and Flip is ready to sign him for two more seasons if he wants.

He will become the best defender on the team immediately. His biggest impact will probably be his impact on the young players' development, though. He will bring a huge culture change to the team and a toughness on the court that is sorely lacking.
ekksness
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#5 » by ekksness » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:02 pm

I think he'll average around 20 mpg though part of me is hoping he can play more like 25mpg. I'm hoping KG is more of a part of our offense than he was on the Nets. Can't see why he can't average at least 10ppg here.

I'm hoping that he does indeed stay here for two more seasons after this one, but I think he'll at least be here for next season.

Man, it's so awesome to have him back. My fanhood of him is practically a part of my personality stretching all the way back to the 90s. I wanna cry it's so awesome lol.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#6 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:28 am

Just think...... Andrew Wiggins potential is to be the second best player in Franchise history.. It's truly incredible they have a chance to play together, and for Wiggins to learn from KG.. Ticket will start, and see
15-20 minutes. But he will make his impact thru out the whole game, just not on the Stat sheet..

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
fg4814
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#7 » by fg4814 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:14 am

C.lupus wrote:
Yes, he will definitely start. May only play 15-20 minutes, though.

It's been reported that KG wants to play at least one more year and Flip is ready to sign him for two more seasons if he wants.

He will become the best defender on the team immediately. His biggest impact will probably be his impact on the young players' development, though. He will bring a huge culture change to the team and a toughness on the court that is sorely lacking.

I agree. KG gets tired quickly, he should only play up to 20 minutes.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves