ImageImageImage

Cap space for next year. . .

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Re: Cap space for next year. . . 

Post#41 » by Maefteda » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:40 pm

The real value is the #4-7 pick. It should be worth about the same as Noel. Bud and Bennett is probably neutral value in the 76ers eyes, as they will just buy out Budinger, while Bennett is someone they were interested in last summer, and who we still don't know how he will pan out.
JimBreuer45
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#42 » by JimBreuer45 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Nerlens Noel stats:
8.5 PPG
7.2 RPG (leads team...35th in NBA)
1.9 BPG (leads team...7th in NBA)
1.6 SPG (leads team...16th in NBA)

Would you trade this guy for two guys making 10.8mil who can't crack the lineup for a 12-win team and a PROTECTED 1st round pick?
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#43 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:49 pm

JimBreuer45 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:You guys are giving up on Benett way too soon.

(If he gets traded)
I hope we don't regret big time on this move.

And btw i like Payne, but i like the potencial of Benett way way more.

Honest question: What makes you like AB more than Payne?

Better shooter: AB
Better rebounder: Payne
Better shotblocker: Payne
Better athlete: Payne
Better effort: Payne

Payne vs K.Love

Payne still "wins" 4-2.

Better shotblocker
better athlete
better effort
Better size

This mean that Payne is better than K.Love ? No.
JimBreuer45
Freshman

Post#44 » by JimBreuer45 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:49 pm

C.lupus wrote:Better size: Payne

I'm not even sure that AB is the better shooter. Payne hasn't shown much in the NBA yet but he's only played 79 minutes. In college he was a 42% 3 point shooter and had a 61% TS%.

Payne's shot is just so slow and ugly. AB actually has a nice, high, smooth release. AB's J looked pretty good at the start of the year. Lately it's been flat and off.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#45 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:57 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
JimBreuer45 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:You guys are giving up on Benett way too soon.

(If he gets traded)
I hope we don't regret big time on this move.

And btw i like Payne, but i like the potencial of Benett way way more.

Honest question: What makes you like AB more than Payne?

Better shooter: AB
Better rebounder: Payne
Better shotblocker: Payne
Better athlete: Payne
Better effort: Payne

Payne vs K.Love

Payne still "wins" 4-2.

Better shotblocker
better athlete
better effort
Better size

This mean that Payne is better than K.Love ? No.

Come on now, you should be better than that. Bennett is much closer to Derrick Williams than Kevin Love.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 pm

JimBreuer45 wrote:Nerlens Noel stats:
8.5 PPG

Would you trade this guy for two guys making 10.8mil who can't crack the lineup for a 12-win team and a PROTECTED 1st round pick?

Agreed, Philly isn't moving Noel. They should be building around Noel and Russell.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#47 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:01 pm

^^
I´m talking about potencial, and the potencial of Bennett is 100x better then A.Payne IMO.(I like A.Payne though)
Of course potencial sometimes doesn´t mean anything.
M.Beasley / D.Williams for example were with all the potencial in world to be a superstars / stars. And they fail. Can happend with Bennett too.

What i see in A.Payne ? Could be A great backup.
What i see in Bennett ? Could be a solid starter.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#48 » by Maefteda » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:04 pm

JimBreuer45 wrote:Nerlens Noel stats:
8.5 PPG

The pick is not protected...

The trade proposal is assuming that we have the rights to the #4 pick and can trade that to the 76ers. If you want a more tangible asset to compare with, say that we picked Mudiay at #4 and offered him along with Bud and Bennett for Noel.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#49 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:05 pm

mercgold3 wrote:^^
I´m talking about potencial, and the potencial of Bennett is 100x better then A.Payne IMO.(I like A.Payne though)
M.Beasley / D.Williams for example was with all the potencial in world to be a superstar. And they fail. Can happend with a Bennett too.

What skillset advantages does he have over Payne that give him that greater potential in your mind?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#50 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Klomp wrote:What skillset advantages does he have over Payne that give him that greater potential in your mind?

I do not evaluate players by "What skillset advantages does he have over" someone.

Like i said, Payne "wins" over K.Love, being Better shotblocker, better athlete, better effort, Better size.
K.Love only "wins" Better rebounder, Better shooter.

But, of course K.Love is way better then A.Payne . There is no possible comparison here.

But i´m going to try awser you question anyway.
IMO.
The "potenical" of A.Bennett offensively over A.Payne is bigger then the potencial of A.Payne over A.Bennett defensively.

*If I had a better vocabulary in English, I would had a better explanation for you :lol:
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#51 » by Takingbaconback » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Idk man, i love the potential of payne. Hes so athletic for a guy his strength and hes got a nice shooting stroke. Everything's quicker with this guy compared to ab or dieng. Hes decisive and faster to react to whats going on.

For example when dieng and ab start jab stepping on top of the key, they never do anything with that. Eventually they just slowly dribble toward rubio and dish him the ball underhanded and we gotta reset the offense with 8 secs to go. Payne actually seems to have a purpose for what hes doing and makes a stronger and more aggressive move when the opportunity is there. Seen him jab step to see how much space his defender is giving him, to lull his opponent to get the first step on him, to wait for guys to move while looking across the court
JimBreuer45
Freshman

Post#52 » by JimBreuer45 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

I WANTED AB to be good soooo bad. I talked myself into believing that he was just overweight, coming off an injury, etc. I watched UNLV and Summer League highlight packages of him. I was excited to see him get a chance. He really let me down. He clearly isn't interested in defense or rebounding or shot blocking or setting screens (see KG). He reminds me of the 6'8 guy at pickup league games that wants to play guard. AB just floats around the perimeter and hopes for an open jumper. Believe me, I WANT AB to be good. I just haven't seen anything yet that gives me hope.

Payne will at least drive the ball and go after blocks and rebounds.
JimBreuer45
Freshman

Post#53 » by JimBreuer45 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Idk man, i love the potential of payne. Hes so athletic for a guy his strength and hes got a nice shooting stroke. Everything's quicker with this guy compared to ab or dieng. Hes decisive and faster to reactive to whats going on.

Man, I hate his jumper. I watch 5'2 high school girls who don't bring the ball below their chest when they shoot. He's 6'11 and for whatever reason he brings the ball to his knees when he shoots. And his release is so slow.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#54 » by Takingbaconback » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:49 pm

JimBreuer45 wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:Idk man, i love the potential of payne. Hes so athletic for a guy his strength and hes got a nice shooting stroke. Everything's quicker with this guy compared to ab or dieng. Hes decisive and faster to reactive to whats going on.

Man, I hate his jumper. I watch 5'2 high school girls who don't bring the ball below their chest when they shoot. He's 6'11 and for whatever reason he brings the ball to his knees when he shoots. And his release is so slow.

Im okay with that for now bc hes a 4. No ones gonna legitimately contest his shot anyways. Hes definitely gotta speed that baby up though
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:52 pm

mercgold3 wrote:But i´m going to try awser you question anyway.
IMO.
The "potenical" of A.Bennett offensively over A.Payne is bigger then the potencial of A.Payne over A.Bennett defensively.

*If I had a better vocabulary in English, I would had a better explanation for you :lol:

But what's the potential you see for both guys? Not just starter/backup, but why do you think each have that potential?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
JimBreuer45 wrote:

Im okay with that for now bc hes a 4. No ones gonna legitimately contest his shot anyways. Hes definitely gotta speed that baby up though

Mike Penberthy

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Klomp wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:
JimBreuer45 wrote:

Mike Penberthy

I feel like the answer to everything with this team is either Mike Penberthy or Kevin Garnett. :lol:

It's true, though.
codigoman
Senior
And1: 321

Post#58 » by codigoman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:28 pm

mercgold3 wrote:^^
M.Beasley / D.Williams for example were with all the potencial in world to be a superstars / stars. And they fail. Can happend with Bennett too.

Potencial is realistic potencial, no potencial in your dreams.

I feel you are talking about AB potencial if they put KG brain in him. IMO AB has no potencial since the question in my mind is "bust?".

About Payne I have no opinion yet, let him show.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#59 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Yeah, he is a bust.

Bennett is so old (21) and dumb that he can't improve anymore.

Doesn't matter the rest. How unlucky his career as been.

Doesn't matter the huge, yes, huge potencial he show us in the begining of the season.
(Let's check what most of us was saying about AB in that time)

Yeah, he is a bust, because his BBIQ is awful, if his BBIQ is bad, Pekovic BBIQ is what ?
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#60 » by andyhop » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:32 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Saltine wrote:
JimBreuer45 wrote:Oh, and I believe Lo Brown is locked up for next year for 950k.

Nope. Team option.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/568166369469992960[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/568166733405556736[/tweet]

gotta be stressful to have to worry about getting fired 3 separate dates in 4 months

If he had a normal unguaranteed deal he could worry every day until whenever it is all contracts get guaranteed so he is probably lucky in that regard
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves