ImageImageImage

Clippers v. Wolves, 7:00 pm CST

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: Clippers v. Wolves, 7:00 pm CST 

Post#221 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Mar 3, 2015 10:49 am

Was tempted to turn the feed off as soon as Budinger checked in.

I have no idea what Lobo and GR3 did to Flip to get buried so deep on the bench.

And that Paul guy is pretty good.. :bowdown:
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#222 » by PZiv » Tue Mar 3, 2015 10:55 am

GopherIt! wrote:
Calinks wrote:
southern wolf wrote:Lavine and Wiggins are running right through the rookie wall.

What is that from?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYS0ZZdsnA[/youtube]
Riki-Oh
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#223 » by packforfreedom » Tue Mar 3, 2015 1:08 pm

I'm so sick of losing to that douchbag team.

Paul is King of douchiness
Hawes is a major douche
so is Matt Barnes
Doc River can be a big douche at times
is son isn't any better
Big Baby is a douche too.
edit: totally forgot about Griffin

the good things:

the team was competetive without Pek and Martin. great hustle from all players. Playing LaVine off the ball is a (not so surprisingly) good idea. Neal is a keeper, Payne will be legit, Rubio scoring helps the team a lot. KG is awesome!

the bad things

Wiggins gets no calls, the play with the chance to tie the game in the last seconds wasn't very good. Dieng is in full regression-mode, Chase Budinger won't go away. as for now this team lacks a go to scorer in the last quarter without K-Mart.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#224 » by PZiv » Tue Mar 3, 2015 2:26 pm

packforfreedom wrote:I'm so sick of losing to that douchbag team.

Paul is King of douchiness
Hawes is a major douche
so is Matt Barnes
Doc River can be a big douche at times
is son isn't any better
Big Baby is a douche too.
edit: totally forgot about Griffin

the good things:

the team was competetive without Pek and Martin. Playing LaVine off the ball is a (not so surprisingly) good idea. Neal is a keeper, Payne will be legit, Rubio scoring helps the team a lot. KG is awesome!

the bad things

Wiggins gets no calls, the play with the chance to tie the game in the last seconds wasn't very good. Dieng is in full regression-mode, Chase Budinger won't go away. as for now this team lacks a go to scorer in the last quarter without K-Mart.

Really wish we had Shabazz this game to take those Chase minutes away.
AS for douche-lords, I am so glad they're deep in luxury tax and are barely pretending. Thats enough punishment for them.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#225 » by guest81 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:29 pm

Not sure why people hate on Pek and Martin so much. The Wolves take waaaayyy too many long two's, especially in the 4th quarter. Martin is the only one shooting 3's and Pek is the only low post threat. It showed big time last night when we scored like 1 basket in the 4th quarter
PZiv
Veteran

Post#226 » by PZiv » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:31 pm

guest81 wrote:Not sure why people hate on Pek and Martin so much. The Wolves take waaaayyy too many long two's, especially in the 4th quarter. Martin is the only one shooting 3's and Pek is the only low post threat. It showed big time last night when we scored like 1 basket in the 4th quarter

But not even them are good 4th quarter player. Especially in last 4 minutes. We've seen it last season. But spot on is the fact, that Pek and Martin can easily draw fouls and get use free throws very early in every quarter. They just do their things and before you know it, every foul is a FT shooting one.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#227 » by guest81 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:53 pm

PZiv wrote:
guest81 wrote:Not sure why people hate on Pek and Martin so much. The Wolves take waaaayyy too many long two's, especially in the 4th quarter. Martin is the only one shooting 3's and Pek is the only low post threat. It showed big time last night when we scored like 1 basket in the 4th quarter

But not even them are good 4th quarter player. Especially in last 4 minutes. We've seen it last season. But spot on is the fact, that Pek and Martin can easily draw fouls and get use free throws very early in every quarter. They just do their things and before you know it, every foul is a FT shooting one.

I think Martin has been actually pretty good this year in the 4th quarter, certainly better then last year. Pek is still Pek, but you have to have some kind of threat down low. My guess is too that Jordan wouldn't of been able to pin down Pek as easily as he did Dieng
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#228 » by guest81 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:59 pm

I think were stating too see how our future team is going to turn up too last night with Wiggins and Lavine. They are kind of the Westbrook-Durant tandem, although not the same kind of players, but similar in the fact that they can both just beat you with by talent alone. Once Wiggins starts getting the superstar calls he's going to be unstoppable. Lavine looks like he can get to the hoop anytime he wants at 19!, just wait until he actually gets comfortable.

Build around these two with shooters and paint protectors and this team can be great
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#229 » by Worm Guts » Tue Mar 3, 2015 4:23 pm

As flawed as they might be, this team needs Martin and Pek to compete. I can see moving Pek because his injury issues just seem to be getting worse and he can't be counted on, but Martin seems to be a pretty solid value right now.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888

Post#230 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 3, 2015 4:54 pm

Worm Guts wrote:As flawed as they might be, this team needs Martin and Pek to compete. I can see moving Pek because his injury issues just seem to be getting worse and he can't be counted on, but Martin seems to be a pretty solid value right now.

Do you think Martin would ever go the Young route, asking for a trade after realizing that the guys behind need PT?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#231 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:15 pm

Pek would have gotten abused against Deandre Jordan. Wolves don't need him especially in this game
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#232 » by Worm Guts » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:08 pm

Klomp wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:As flawed as they might be, this team needs Martin and Pek to compete. I can see moving Pek because his injury issues just seem to be getting worse and he can't be counted on, but Martin seems to be a pretty solid value right now.

Do you think Martin would ever go the Young route, asking for a trade after realizing that the guys behind need PT?

I wouldn't be surprised if Martin would rather play for a better team, but I don't think he'll be worried about playing time until Flip takes it from him. Flip won't take it from him until Lavine is more consistent (or we draft Russell).
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#233 » by Feilong » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:38 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Pek would have gotten abused against Deandre Jordan. Wolves don't need him especially in this game

I agree on the abusing part. But his absence meant it's BUDINGER TIME!!!!
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#234 » by Maefteda » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:47 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Pek would have gotten abused against Deandre Jordan. Wolves don't need him especially in this game

Well he only got 34 and 14 on 57% shooting last time he played a full game against them...

The 2 LAC games before that:

20 & 7, 69%
23 & 10, 71%

The hate on Pek is too strong now. Before he got injured last season he was running rampant. He averaged 20 & 10 on about 53% shooting in December and January last season. The only thing stopping Pek from being more than worth his contract is his injury issues. That is quite a big issue though, especially with Flip playing him 32+ minutes every game... Play him 24-28 and he'll do fine once he gets into it.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#235 » by PZiv » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:47 pm

Nah, he would rack up DeAndre's foul column. Prompting early sub. Its Hawes that would be the trouble for Pek.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#236 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:09 pm

The hate against Pek isn't because he sucks. He's a very good offensive player. Problem is that he doesn't fit into future plans as a starter or backup (12 mil a year) and the wolves are getting abused every game it seems in the paint defensively.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#237 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:11 pm

Maefteda wrote:

Well he only got 34 and 14 on 57% shooting last time he played a full game against them...

20 & 7, 69%
23 & 10, 71%

The hate on Pek is too strong now. Before he got injured last season he was running rampant. He averaged 20 & 10 on about 53% shooting in December and January last season. The only thing stopping Pek from being more than worth his contract is his injury issues. That is quite a big issue though, especially with Flip playing him 32+ minutes every game... Play him 24-28 and he'll do fine once he gets into it.

Not this Deandre Jordan, he's been absolutely tearing it up since the all star break. Judging how Pek played against Len recently, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten stuffed multiple times and allowed many offensive boards with DJ simply outjumping him every time.

If Wolves draft a center, Pek isn't good enough to play 24-28 minutes a game. Play him around 20 minutes starting the rookie off with 28 minutes a game and bring it down to 14-16 minutes.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#238 » by Mattya » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:16 pm

1. If LaVine keeps up this kind of play then I'll be fine with him playing backup PG. Bring back Neal they seem to play well together.
2. If Pek isn't playing they need to make a decision fast. We can't play KG, Gorgui and Payne that much and Budinger should never see the court. Get an injury exception or cut Brown or Hummel.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#239 » by Maefteda » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:24 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
Maefteda wrote:

20 & 7, 69%
23 & 10, 71%

Not this Deandre Jordan, he's been absolutely tearing it up since the all star break. Judging how Pek played against Len recently, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten stuffed multiple times and allowed many offensive boards with DJ simply outjumping him every time.

If Wolves draft a center, Pek isn't good enough to play 24-28 minutes a game. Play him around 20 minutes starting the rookie off with 28 minutes a game and bring it down to 14-16 minutes.

I don't think DeAndre Jordan has evolved as much as a player as you assume. Contract year and Blake Griffin out is the difference. Pekovic is one of the few guys Jordan can't overpower, so Pek usually does well against him.

Len is super long, which is something Pekovic has always struggled with, like against the Gasol bros. Against people who usually bully their way with the other centers, like Cousins and Jordan, Pekovic is at his best.

With Pek, and probably Martin too, I think we should keep playing them through next year. By that time, with the higher cap and with less years on their contract, they will get more value. That will be about the same time when all of our guys are in their 3rd/4th year, which is when players usually break out. We need to create a winning culture for these young guys, so we should keep Martin and Pek for a little longer, as they both also really want to be here and gives us something we don't have, unlike Thad Young.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#240 » by packforfreedom » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:02 pm

usually Pek plays extremly good against Jordan and the Clippers. And I think even now, he wouldn't have been worse than Dieng.

edit: Maefteda beat me to it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves