ImageImageImage

Wolves @ Thunder

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

AW: Wolves @ Thunder 

Post#81 » by Foye » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:17 am

Good to keep the tank for Towns alive. At this point not much else matters.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Re: Wolves @ Thunder 

Post#82 » by sheefo13 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Can anyone talk about Rubio's ankle injury? Same ankle? Or out the rest of the game seemed like a precautionary measure?
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#83 » by C.lupus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:00 pm

sheefo13 wrote:Can anyone talk about Rubio's ankle injury? Same ankle? Or out the rest of the game seemed like a precautionary measure?

Yes, he tweaked the same ankle. He played for a little while after but they kept him out the rest of the game as a precautionary measure. I don't think it is serious but it wouldn't surprise me if he sits a few games as Flip drives the tank.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#84 » by guest81 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:20 pm

C.lupus wrote:
sheefo13 wrote:Can anyone talk about Rubio's ankle injury? Same ankle? Or out the rest of the game seemed like a precautionary measure?

Yes, he tweaked the same ankle. He played for a little while after but they kept him out the rest of the game as a precautionary measure. I don't think it is serious but it wouldn't surprise me if he sits a few games as Flip drives the tank.

For all the hating we do on Pek for missing games, he's only missed 7 more games then Rubio since Rubio came into the league. I don't think we can rely anymore that he can stay healthy
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#85 » by packforfreedom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:41 pm

two words: Just Ham

Is he the second coming of Mark Madsen?
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#86 » by urinesane » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:46 pm

packforfreedom wrote:two words: Just Ham

Is he the second coming of Mark Madsen?

He is a much better player than Mark Madsen.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#87 » by minimus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:56 am

I've watched the game. Couple of thoutghs
1) I feel sorry for Dieng that he has to play with Payne, AB etc. These awful pairing means no weak side help, no spacing, stupid fouls and no rebounding. I still believe that Dieng is our best big man. With more experience, strength and defensive awareness he will be very good.
2) Kanter is one of the best low post scorer in NBA. He destroyed us when we played against UTA, so he just continued his strong play with OKC. He and McGary schooled both Dieng and Payne. McGary is so smart and quick. He is type of player I would be looking in upcoming draft: solid, maybe not spectacular player with size and potential. Not "savior" type player, more role player for right price.
3)
LesGrossman wrote:I just dont see what everyone expects from ONE MORE young talented guy. Something is seriously broken with this team, the energy is there every other game but theres no consistency, no one is held accountable for selfish or stupid plays. All the talk about KG being strict and enforcing good habits , i dont see it happen. People dont run back, guys make the same mistakes they made months ago. The lack of defense and rebounding is simply killing us. No single player can fix that, everyone can calm down already.

Usually when you share the ball, you involve everybody and it gives team energy boost. When RR is not on the court, this is task for backup PG that we don't have. Offense and defense are interconnected at this point. Players don't touch the ball, get uninterested, stop hustling and running. Mo Williams saved us from complete disaster this year. I hope that Flip can find PG for bargain contract this summer.
4) Hamilton is good for garbage time. He is clearly limited defensively, but he should be awarded with contract. I'd give him 2nd non guaranteed year.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#88 » by southern wolf » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:36 am

guest81 wrote:
C.lupus wrote:

For all the hating we do on Pek for missing games, he's only missed 7 more games then Rubio since Rubio came into the league. I don't think we can rely anymore that he can stay healthy

It's a worry. I've lost all faith in Pek staying healthy for long periods of time and unfortunately I'm getting to that stage with Rubio too. It's only going to become harder if we eventually become a playoff team and are playing 90-100 games instead of 82.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#89 » by LesGrossman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 pm

southern wolf wrote:It's a worry. I've lost all faith in Pek staying healthy for long periods of time and unfortunately I'm getting to that stage with Rubio too. It's only going to become harder if we eventually become a playoff team and are playing 90-100 games instead of 82.

First of all, dont feed the troll. Secondly, what are you talking about? Pek's ankles are not built for the stress his weight puts on them. Ricky stepped on someone's foot. Everyone including Superman and Wonderwoman (maybe excluding Mr. Fantastic) will sprain their ankles in that situation. Curry has had long stretches where he suffered from such an injury. I dont understand how you can suggest ricky is prone to injuries.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#90 » by southern wolf » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:43 am

LesGrossman wrote:
southern wolf wrote:It's a worry. I've lost all faith in Pek staying healthy for long periods of time and unfortunately I'm getting to that stage with Rubio too. It's only going to become harder if we eventually become a playoff team and are playing 90-100 games instead of 82.

I dont understand how you can suggest ricky is prone to injuries.

Really?! I'd say the 100+ games he missed due to injury so far in his career suggest he's fairly prone to injuries.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves