Trading for Cousins will probably cost us a 1st rd draft pick
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: 

Post#82 » by Krapinsky » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:Trading for Cousins will probably cost us Wiggins

Fixed.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Offseason trade targets. 

Post#83 » by The J Rocka » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:37 pm

The only way Cousins could ever think about coming here is if:

1). Mike Malone is our next HC
2). He continues to lose on the Kings every year
3). He's fed up with Kings management to the point where he can't return
4.) This team is close to or a PO team by the time he's a FA

Would have to include Wiggins AND a 1st to keep the phone conversation going for more than one minute.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#84 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:42 pm

The J Rocka wrote:
Would have to include Wiggins AND a 1st to keep the phone conversation going for more than one minute.

Why Wiggins ?

Isn´t a top-3 pick (Russell / Towns / Okafor) + Young assets (Whatever they want, Dieng, Shabazz / Lavine / Bennett / Payne) enough ?
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#85 » by The J Rocka » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:58 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:

Why Wiggins ?

Isn´t a top-3 pick (Russell / Towns / Okafor) + Young assets (Whatever they want, Dieng, Shabazz / Lavine / Bennett / Payne) enough ?

Well for starters, we don't know if we'll get a top 3 pick yet.

Lets say that we do have a top 3 pick, Cousins is already proven to be elite at age 24. You don't trade a young 24/12 franchise center for an unproven pick + young assets who may or may not live up to the expectations. He hasn't even dropped any hints about wanting out. As far as I'm concerned, he wants to stay a King and help turn that franchise into a contender.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#86 » by Dewey » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:10 pm

I do believe we will look to move Pek .. and I do like the Cousins idea if Flip hires Malone, but I just don't see a trade SAC would do with us straight up. +

Say the draft order allows (below) .... I'd do this just due the fact Pek is not showing he is capable of staying healthy.
Pek/player(s) + the #2 ... Cousins + the #5
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#87 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:38 pm

I think the Hawks could be a team to watch this offseason. They have what could be a top 10 pick, 1 major FA in Millsap and another important re-sign in Carroll.

Regardless if Millsap re-signs (or Carroll) would they be interested in Pekovic and/or Martin? Pek could allow Horford to move to PF or complete a nice 3 big rotation with Millsap. Martin would give them firepower off the bench who could be paired with Sef as a perfect bench duo.

Does some combo of Pek and/or Martin, 2nd round picks, even reduce protection on 1st traded for Payne, get Wolves the top 10 pick?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Re: Re: Offseason trade targets. 

Post#88 » by minimus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:14 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I think the Hawks could be a team to watch this offseason. They have what could be a top 10 pick, 1 major FA in Millsap and another important re-sign in Carroll.

Regardless if Millsap re-signs (or Carroll) would they be interested in Pekovic and/or Martin? Pek could allow Horford to move to PF or complete a nice 3 big rotation with Millsap. Martin would give them firepower off the bench who could be paired with Sef as a perfect bench duo.

Does some combo of Pek and/or Martin, 2nd round picks, even reduce protection on 1st traded for Payne, get Wolves the top 10 pick?

No, they absolutely don't need Pek or Martin. They build around versatility of Millsap and Horford.
nzd07
Junior
And1: 289

Post#89 » by nzd07 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 am

Wonder if we could trade Martin back to Houston for something. Seems like a player they'd go after.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#90 » by Note30 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:30 am

Dewey wrote:I do believe we will look to move Pek .. and I do like the Cousins idea if Flip hires Malone, but I just don't see a trade SAC would do with us straight up. +

Say the draft order allows (below) .... I'd do this just due the fact Pek is not showing he is capable of staying healthy.

Wow.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nzd07
Junior
And1: 289

Post#91 » by nzd07 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 am

Note30 wrote:
Dewey wrote:I do believe we will look to move Pek .. and I do like the Cousins idea if Flip hires Malone, but I just don't see a trade SAC would do with us straight up. +

Wow.

Yeah, I think some of us are overvaluing Pek a bit... his durability concerns hamper his trade value a ton.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves