Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Re: Re: Your #3, #4 pick scenerios 

Post#41 » by Foye » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:39 pm

minimus wrote:
Foye wrote:
Klomp wrote:At this point, I think my 4th option might be Stanley Johnson. Would give us a lot of versatility on the perimeter with a solid 5-man rotation.

Rubio / LaVine
Wiggins / LaVine
Johnson / Muhammad

Trade Martin to fill the hole at center

We are not going to get a solid center for Martin alone. :dontknow:

Yes, probably We won't be able to get an established star or decent veteran, but I will be okay if Flip can get 1st round pick or rookie a-la Mitch McGary. I think it is not coincidence that Martin is getting all these shots while we are tanking. His stats line looks attractive.

We have Dieng and Pekovic. Maybe even Hamilton. A rookie C only makes sense if he's a top talent.

Okafor/Towns/WCS fit the bill. I'm not into the NCAA but I doubt there will be many top Cs available with a later pick. :dontknow:
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Your #3, #4 pick scenerios 

Post#42 » by C.lupus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Klomp wrote:At this point, I think my 4th option might be Stanley Johnson. Would give us a lot of versatility on the perimeter with a solid 5-man rotation.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfvuYSbLQM[/youtube]

Rubio / LaVine
Wiggins / LaVine
Johnson / Muhammad

I like Johnson. Not sure if I like him at #4 but it's pretty close.

for me, right now it is:
3. Russell
4. Probably one of Porzingis, Johnson, or Cauley-Stein
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#43 » by Mattya » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:42 pm

C.lupus wrote:

Rubio / LaVine
Wiggins / LaVine
Johnson / Muhammad

I like Johnson. Not sure if I like him at #4 but it's pretty close.

for me, right now it is:
3. Russell
4. Probably one of Porzingis, Johnson, or Cauley-Stein

I'm guessing you mean?

1-3: Towns, Okafor, or Russell
4:Mudiay
5:Porzingis, Johnson, WCS
Mattya
RealGM

Re: Re: Your #3, #4 pick scenerios 

Post#44 » by Mattya » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Foye wrote:
minimus wrote:
Foye wrote:

Yes, probably We won't be able to get an established star or decent veteran, but I will be okay if Flip can get 1st round pick or rookie a-la Mitch McGary. I think it is not coincidence that Martin is getting all these shots while we are tanking. His stats line looks attractive.

We have Dieng and Pekovic. Maybe even Hamilton. A rookie C only makes sense if he's a top talent.

Okafor/Towns/WCS fit the bill. I'm not into the NCAA but I doubt there will be many top Cs available with a later pick. :dontknow:

Personally I would take Kaminsky if we did have a pick in the teens.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by C.lupus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:46 pm

No, I meant:
1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Porzingis, Johnson, WCS
Mattya
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mattya » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:53 pm

C.lupus wrote:No, I meant:
1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Porzingis, Johnson, WCS

I think we would have to at least consider Mudiay, at least for a trade possibility and value. I mean if you can get one of those guys you have at 4 and an asset you have to do it.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by C.lupus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Well, sure, if we could trade him for one of them plus an asset, obviously I'd do that. I was just saying who I want. I can't see any reason to draft and keep Mudiay for this team with a top 5 pick, though.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Re: Re: Re: Your #3, #4 pick scenerios 

Post#48 » by minimus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Foye wrote:
minimus wrote:
Foye wrote:

Upshaw?
Mattya
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Your #3, #4 pick scenerios 

Post#49 » by Mattya » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:29 pm

minimus wrote:
Foye wrote:
minimus wrote:

Upshaw?

Upshaw is likely a second round pick
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#50 » by Krapinsky » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Rubio / LaVine
Wiggins / LaVine
Johnson / Muhammad

Can't see Johnson starting before Muhammad any time soon. Rookies have a steep learning curve.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
jmoy
Senior
And1: 180

Post#51 » by jmoy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Am I the only one who would lean towards taking Mudiay at #4 if Russel was gone at #3? I am a big Rubio fan but this is his 4th season and he has only once played more then 57 games and has not even shot above 40% yet, and has actually shot worse this year then ever before. No matter the contract he was given, I just don't think we write off PG as a need until Rubio proves he can shoot and stay healthy.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#52 » by SO_MONEY » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Russell
Mudiay
Johnson

Other.

It is picks 3-5 I am not worrying about. Getting pick #6 would be where things get bogged down in options.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#53 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:35 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Can't see Johnson starting before Muhammad any time soon. Rookies have a steep learning curve.

And Muhammad is a one-trick pony
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#54 » by Krapinsky » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:44 pm

Klomp wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:Can't see Johnson starting before Muhammad any time soon. Rookies have a steep learning curve.

Johnson is a variable unknown. The last UA Wildcat we drafted at the top of the lottery was once plugged to be our opening day starting SF. How'd that workout?

SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by SO_MONEY » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Johnson is a variable unknown. The last UA Wildcat we drafted at the top of the lottery was once plugged to be our opening day starting SF. How'd that workout?

Never was a SF.

I personally didn't like him even as a PF, Johnson clearly is WAY better. He can actually play defense, dribble and pass. I would even say if you were to play Johnson at PF he is still better than any projection Williams would have been, in other words Johnson would go #2 in that draft. He is the much better player at this stage. I might take him over Mudiay for the Wolves, though that is up in the air.

At #6 you would start looking at players like WCS et al.

Johnson and WCS both could start due to defense.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Krapinsky wrote:The last UA Wildcat we drafted at the top of the lottery was once plugged to be our opening day starting SF. How'd that workout?

That's your argument?

Our last top-3 pick from Duke was Christian Laettner. Should that stop us from drafting Jahlil Okafor and starting him day one?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Mattya
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mattya » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:Russell
Mudiay
Johnson

Other.

It is picks 3-5 I am not worrying about. Getting pick #6 would be where things get bogged down in options.

As long as we stay in this number 2 spot by the end of the year the most we could fall is to the 5th pick.

1-3: Any of Towns, Okafor, then Russell.
4:Mudiay to trade back and grab an additional asset.
5:Porzingis, then Johnson
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#58 » by Krapinsky » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Klomp wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:The last UA Wildcat we drafted at the top of the lottery was once plugged to be our opening day starting SF. How'd that workout?

That's your argument?

Our last top-3 pick from Duke was Christian Laettner. Should that stop us from drafting Jahlil Okafor and starting him day one?

Okafor is obviously a different caliber of player than Johnson.

Bazzy has worked hard and has improved his game. It would be a slap in the face to start a rookie over him IMO unless the rookie is someone like a Wiggins or Okafor type talent.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Bazzy has worked hard and has improved his game. It would be a slap in the face to start a rookie over him IMO unless the rookie is someone like a Wiggins or Okafor type talent.

I disagree.

Bazz may have improved his game, but I don't think he's expanded it enough to be an everyday starter. His game still relies heavily on left box post-ups and crashing the glass.

SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by SO_MONEY » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Mattya wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:Russell
Mudiay
Johnson

Other.

As long as we stay in this number 2 spot by the end of the year the most we could fall is to the 5th pick.

1-3: Any of Towns, Okafor, then Russell.
4:Mudiay to trade back and grab an additional asset.
5:Porzingis, then Johnson

I think you have a tier of Okafor, Russell, Towns and Mudiay. Then Johnson. And Johnson if he has a good tourney/workout/interviews may work his way into that tier. You NEED to at the very least walk away with Johnson or Mudiay. You take the best high end talent you can get and if you trade you do not drop below that point. Anyone past Johnson is the debate...WCS, Porzingis...other? But I think the top 5 picks in this draft is pretty set in one order or another.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves