2015 Draft Prospects II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,933

2015 Draft Prospects II 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:55 pm

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Re: 2015 Draft Prospects II 

Post#2 » by Jukeness » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:22 pm

I'd like to see the Wolves draft Russell if they miss out on Okafor. I think he can be a reliable option on offense, something the Wolves are lacking in.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Re: 2015 Draft Prospects II 

Post#3 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Jukeness wrote:I think he can be a reliable option on offense, something the Wolves are lacking in.

I don't think we are lacking offense in this team with everybody healthy.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Klomp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:46 pm

I think the top three picks are pretty obvious for this team. Judging by past history, that means we'll end up with the 4th pick.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#5 » by C.lupus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:33 pm

Klomp wrote:I think the top three picks are pretty obvious for this team. Judging by past history, that means we'll end up with the 4th pick.

Sadly this is true.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#6 » by The J Rocka » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:I think the top three picks are pretty obvious for this team. Judging by past history, that means we'll end up with the 4th pick.

Sadly this is true.

Another favorite of mine is that if we do end up with the 3rd pick, one of the prospects decides to stay in school another year.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#7 » by Krapinsky » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:46 pm

If I were in Flip's shoes I'd have to take Russell over WCS, but part of me hopes he doesn't have to. I just want a complete team for a change and this team needs a C more than it needs another combo guard.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by The J Rocka » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:03 am

If you're as sold on Russell as I am, I would consider moving ZL, Shabazz, Dieng, or whatever it takes to get another lotto pick to select WCS.

WCS
KG/Payne
Wiggins
Russell
Rubio

If Russell down the road is better suited at PG, then you consider possibly moving Rubio. Wiggins then becomes the SG of the future.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#9 » by wildvikeswolves » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:13 am

True. The Wolves probably already have the Porzingis jersey made
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#10 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:37 am

wildvikeswolves wrote:

True. The Wolves probably already have the Porzingis jersey made

I'd be very, very happy with that. Contrary to most I think Zach is going to be an all star or at least an all star caliber player so I'd be OK not getting Russell. Losing the Miami pick is going to hurt as it would have opened up so many routes and opportunities to move up, around to try and get a center in the draft.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Re: Re: 2015 Draft Prospects II 

Post#11 » by Jukeness » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Jukeness wrote:I think he can be a reliable option on offense, something the Wolves are lacking in.

I don't think we are lacking offense in this team with everybody healthy.

Not lacking in offense but lacking a go to reliable option.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#12 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:36 am

The J Rocka wrote:If you're as sold on Russell as I am, I would consider moving ZL, Shabazz, Dieng, or whatever it takes to get another lotto pick to select WCS.

WCS
KG/Payne
Wiggins
Russell
Rubio

If Russell down the road is better suited at PG, then you consider possibly moving Rubio. Wiggins then becomes the SG of the future.

I agree with this entire premise except I would not move on from LaVine. I much rather consider moving Rubio, Dieng, Payne, etc and not give in with giving up Bazzy either.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by The J Rocka » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:53 am

Takingbaconback wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:If you're as sold on Russell as I am, I would consider moving ZL, Shabazz, Dieng, or whatever it takes to get another lotto pick to select WCS.

WCS
KG/Payne
Wiggins
Russell
Rubio

I agree with this entire premise except I would not move on from LaVine. I much rather consider moving Rubio, Dieng, Payne, etc and not give in with giving up Bazzy either.

It wouldn't be my first option. However, if you're talking about acquiring another lotto pick, you have to give up something.

In reality, Flip seems to be in love with LaVine and Shabazz, so I can't imagine him moving them, unless of course the right deal comes along. I could easily see Rubio being moved before either of them IMO.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#14 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 am

It's clear as water.
We need a big men so badly.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 am

The J Rocka wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:

WCS
KG/Payne
Wiggins
Russell
Rubio

It wouldn't be my first option. However, if you're talking about acquiring another lotto pick, you have to give up something.

In reality, Flip seems to be in love with LaVine and Shabazz, so I can't imagine him moving them, unless of course the right deal comes along. I could easily see Rubio being moved before either of them IMO.

Idk what people would think about it but I would be open to trading Rubio to dump Pek for a mid first round pick and salary fillers. Then take Delon Wright for our PG of the future.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#16 » by AQuintus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:03 am

Takingbaconback wrote:Idk what people would think about it but I would be open to trading Rubio to dump Pek for a mid first round pick and salary fillers. Then take Delon Wright for our PG of the future.

The only way I'd even consider moving Rubio is if we draft Russell to be the PG of the future.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:13 am

AQuintus wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:Idk what people would think about it but I would be open to trading Rubio to dump Pek for a mid first round pick and salary fillers. Then take Delon Wright for our PG of the future.

The only way I'd even consider moving Rubio is if we draft Russell to be the PG of the future.

Fair enough, I just really want to dump Pek's contract. Doesn't seem plausible for the next couple years which sucks. I think Delon Wright is very underrated right now, he doesn't make flashy passes like Rubio but he's so good at making the right decisions. Very good size at 6'5" and lengthy, pretty good scorer, and an excellent passer. I would say one of Rubio's weaknesses at this point is that he tries to do too much. Perhaps compensating for his lack of scoring by trying to set up everybody instead of installing himself into the offense.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEKJQOOpVpc[/youtube]
Wright is usually more passive but I guess he was trying to take over cuz Kansas jumped out to a double digit lead
AttackTheRack
Junior
And1: 82

Post#18 » by AttackTheRack » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:20 am

Nobody needs to be moved yet. The core is good. Rubio, Wiggins, Lavine, Bazz, Dieng, et al are all young and show a ton of promise. Gotta' hit a home run in this draft, that's all. I say Go Big or Go Home. You can draft whomever you want, but you gotta' come out of this draft cycle with a <22 year old future stud big man. Add that to the aforementioned core, find/keep good vets, and go to battle for the next few years.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#19 » by Mattya » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:28 am

Please Lord give us one of Okafor or Towns. :pray:

I do love WCS and Porzingis though. But seriously Lord, Okafor or Towns :pray:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 am

Thought this was an interesting ranking of the top guys. Mike not as high on Porzingis

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/580048704452743169[/tweet]

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves