ImageImageImage

March Madness Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Re: March Madness Thread 

Post#61 » by PZiv » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:15 am

PZiv wrote:Going with Wisconsin on this one. Harrison twins are just going to choke UK out of F4.

requote.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#62 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:15 am

AQuintus wrote:It was always obvious that if Kentucky was going to lose, it was going to be because of the Harrison twins, and that definitely ended up being the case.

What? They played really well?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,292

Post#63 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:15 am

Big Ten is truth!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,292

Post#64 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:16 am

Also any decent Minnesota player that was even flirting with the idea of staying here to play for the Gophers to be close to home instead of going to Wisconsin just threw those notions out the window. XD
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#65 » by PZiv » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:17 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:
AQuintus wrote:It was always obvious that if Kentucky was going to lose, it was going to be because of the Harrison twins, and that definitely ended up being the case.

What? They played really well?

When you get into crunchtime finish. All previous stuff is erased, doesn't count.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#66 » by AQuintus » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:19 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:What? They played really well?

Jacking up bad shots instead of playing through their bigs. They're both super selfish players. Kentucky had a stretch of something like 6 minutes without a bucket in large part because of the Harrison twins' inability to run the offense.

Edit:

They were a combined 25 points on 22 shots, and 18 of those 25 came in the 1st half. In the 2nd half, they were horrific.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#67 » by PZiv » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:23 am

AQuintus wrote:

Jacking up bad shots instead of playing through their bigs. They're both super selfish players. Kentucky had a stretch of something like 6 minutes without a bucket in large part because of the Harrison twins' inability to run the offense.

If they both declare. I am really afraid for Towns decision on draft.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#68 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:25 am

AQuintus wrote:

I think that's very short sigthted pinning the loss on them. The combined for 21 shots and only turned the ball over once between them. Their scoring single handily kept them in the game. It's not their fault WCS can't play offense or that Wisconsin packed the paint to protect against KAT. Wisconsin had a game plan and executed it well. Their bigs struggled to guard Kaminsky.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#69 » by AQuintus » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:28 am

Grits n Gravy wrote: Their scoring single handily kept them in the game.

B.S. Their jacking up shots (25 points on 21 shots), really hurt Kentucky, especially in the 2nd half where they weren't hitting anything. There were 3 or 4 possessions in that 6 minute scoreless period when Towns had deep post position but one of the Harrison twins (probably Andrew) looked him off only to jack up a horrible, off-balance, contested floater a few seconds later.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#70 » by Worm Guts » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:31 am

LordBaldric wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:If I didn't know anything about the players in this Duke-Mich St game, I wouldn't even think Okafor was the arguable #1 pick.

He reminds me of Eddy Curry. I wouldn't even pick him if three teams jump in front of us.

Unless he eats like Eddy Curry, he's still going to score 20+ ppg in NBA, and probably super efficiently.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#71 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:31 am

AQuintus wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote: Their scoring single handily kept them in the game.

B.S. Their jacking up shots (25 points on 22 shots), really hurt Kentucky, especially in the 2nd half where they weren't hitting anything. There were 3 or 4 possessions in that 6 minute scoreless period when Towns had deep post positions but one of the Harrison twins (probably Andrew) looked him off only to jack up a horrible, off-balance, contested floater a few seconds later.

So you pin none of the loss on WCS who went scoreless over the last 39 minutes and 30 seconds and had no offensive rebounds. It's complete BS to blame the loss on those two guys and look off the other 7 guys who played or give credit to Wisconsin.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#72 » by AQuintus » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:36 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:So you pin none of the loss on WCS who went scoreless over the last 39 minutes and 30 seconds and had no offensive rebounds.

No, because WCS's job is to play defense, and he played great defense. It's the Guards' job to set him up with looks at the rim to finish, and they completely failed to do that because they were too busy jacking up their own shots.

It's complete BS to blame the loss on those two guys and look off the other 7 guys who played or give credit to Wisconsin.

They weren't the sole reason for the loss, but they were the biggest.

Booker not showing up hurt, the gameplan to switch on every screen hurt, and the refusal to shoot 3s when Wisconsin was packing the paint also hurt (which could also be put on the Harrisons ball-hogging instead of passing to shooters).
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#73 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:39 am

AQuintus wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:So you pin none of the loss on WCS who went scoreless over the last 39 minutes and 30 seconds and had no offensive rebounds.

No, because WCS's job is to play defense, and he played great defense. It's the Guards' job to set him up with looks at the rim to finish, and they completely failed to do that because they were too busy jacking up their own shots.

It's complete BS to blame the loss on those two guys and look off the other 7 guys who played or give credit to Wisconsin.

They weren't the sole reason for the loss, but they were the biggest.

Booker not showing up hurt, the gameplan to switch on every screen hurt, and the refusal to shoot 3s when Wisconsin was packing the paint also hurt (which could also be put on the Harrisons ball-hogging instead of passing to shooters).

OK we COMPLETELY disagree so I'll leave it there.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#74 » by LordBaldric » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:43 am

Worm Guts wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:If I didn't know anything about the players in this Duke-Mich St game, I wouldn't even think Okafor was the arguable #1 pick.

He reminds me of Eddy Curry. I wouldn't even pick him if three teams jump in front of us.

Unless he eats like Eddy Curry, he's still going to score 20+ ppg in NBA, and probably super efficiently.

Even if that's true, I don't really care. Even before he got fat, Curry had little impact. Your center being a poor rebounder and poor defender = the kiss of death.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#75 » by FargoWolf » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:01 am

Harrison twins and Cauley-Stein left floor before the handshake line. #weak

https://twitter.com/leefitting/status/584564541431930880
LordBaldric
General Manager

Post#76 » by LordBaldric » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:30 am

FargoWolf wrote:

Who cares? This is the type of thing my dimwitted uncle cares about.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#77 » by FargoWolf » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:40 am

LordBaldric wrote:
FargoWolf wrote:

Who cares? This is the type of thing my dimwitted uncle cares about.

Well then Andrew Harrison followed that up with this...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RKalland/status/584566323868528640[/tweet]
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#78 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:46 am

Klomp wrote:I had Wisconsin over Gonzaga in my bracket.

1 out of 2!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#79 » by Worm Guts » Sun Apr 5, 2015 5:37 am

LordBaldric wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:

Even if that's true, I don't really care. Even before he got fat, Curry had little impact. Your center being a poor rebounder and poor defender = the kiss of death.

As long as you get him to care about defense he'll be good enough. He's got length, strength, and he's not a dumb player. And I think we're probably a good place for that, particularly if KG comes back.
LordBaldric
General Manager

Post#80 » by LordBaldric » Sun Apr 5, 2015 5:49 am

Worm Guts wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Unless he eats like Eddy Curry, he's still going to score 20+ ppg in NBA, and probably super efficiently.

As long as you get him to care about defense he'll be good enough. He's got length, strength, and he's not a dumb player. And I think we're probably a good place for that, particularly if KG comes back.

Effort is a skill. You are telling me Ok won't give full effort in the frigging NCAA Tournament, but he will for Flip in the 82 game NBA Season grind? Take a look at Bazz. That guy's whole game is based on relentless effort and I applaud him for it. It's rare. And you assume Ok will just flip the switch.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves