Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Re: March Madness Thread 

Post#81 » by Worm Guts » Sun Apr 5, 2015 5:56 am

LordBaldric wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:
Even if that's true, I don't really care. Even before he got fat, Curry had little impact. Your center being a poor rebounder and poor defender = the kiss of death.

As long as you get him to care about defense he'll be good enough. He's got length, strength, and he's not a dumb player. And I think we're probably a good place for that, particularly if KG comes back.

Effort is a skill. You are telling me Ok won't give full effort in the frigging NCAA Tournament, but he will for Flip in the 82 game NBA Season grind? Take a look at Bazz. That guy's whole game is based on relentless effort and I applaud him for it. It's rare. And you assume Ok will just flip the switch.

I don't expect him to become KG in terms of intensity, but I expect him to get better. He's 19, he can improve aspects of his game. And actually now that you mention Bazz, I don't remember him playing with the same level of intensity at UCLA. He definitely didn't that way when he was in the tournament.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#82 » by LordBaldric » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:43 am

I just think you are engaged in wishful thinking.

And no. Bazz didn't display that. There were some hints his first year, but then something inside him last summer made him flip the switch, and it was glorious. But that almost never happens. I don't see any fire in Ok.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#83 » by Worm Guts » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:51 am

I think Okafor is dominant offensive player. I don't expect him to be Bill Russell, I just expect him to improve enough defensively to make his offense worthwhile. He's perfectly capable of that. He's been good enough that he's been the projected top pick the majority of the year, a contender for player of the year, and his team is playing for the national championship.
Every player has weaknesses, but after Towns I think he's the best pick for this team.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#84 » by LordBaldric » Sun Apr 5, 2015 7:00 am

Worm Guts wrote:I think Okafor is dominant offensive player. I don't expect him to be Bill Russell, I just expect him to improve enough defensively to make his offense worthwhile. He's perfectly capable of that. He's been good enough that he's been the projected top pick the majority of the year, a contender for player of the year, and his team is playing for the national championship.
Every player has weaknesses, but after Towns I think he's the best pick for this team.

Fair enough Worm. I respect your opinion, and we will just have to agree to disagree.
Ikerd
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#85 » by Ikerd » Sun Apr 5, 2015 2:17 pm

Really looking forward to the Okafor v. Kaminsky matchup.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#86 » by PZiv » Sun Apr 5, 2015 8:37 pm

Ikerd wrote:Really looking forward to the Okafor v. Kaminsky matchup.

Its kinda Okafor's "Am I the 1st pick in the draft" game. But since I've been on KAT wagon since November, I couldn't care less.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#87 » by AQuintus » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:14 pm

Ikerd wrote:Really looking forward to the Okafor v. Kaminsky matchup.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC7feDM8cIQ[/youtube]
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#88 » by Calinks » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:38 am

Wisconsin is taking this.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#89 » by FargoWolf » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:41 am

There are now 4 players in the draft that I like a lot. Towns, Okafor, Winslow and Russell.

Winslow's defense is fun to watch...Rubio-Wiggins-Winslow....good luck rest of the league.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#90 » by Calinks » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:47 am

Yea I'm pretty happy wherever we draft I don't feel strongly about anyone either
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#91 » by AQuintus » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:00 am

FargoWolf wrote:Winslow's defense is fun to watch...Rubio-Wiggins-Winslow....good luck rest of the league.

Right up until you set a screen on one of them. Then it's smooth sailing right to the rim.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#92 » by AQuintus » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:03 am

Hopefully the refs call the game a bit more evenly in the 2nd half. They're letting Wisconsin get away with way more contact on the defensive end than Duke.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#93 » by FargoWolf » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:05 am

Yeah, Duke got a few ticky-tack fouls called on them. The officiating has been poor all tournament.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#94 » by karch34 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:39 am

AQuintus wrote:Hopefully the refs call the game a bit more evenly in the 2nd half. They're letting Wisconsin get away with way more contact on the defensive end than Duke.

Yeah. There were a few that just had me perplexed. also feels weird cheering for Duke.

Okafor underwhelming me this game.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#95 » by PZiv » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:44 am

So far.
Would draft Winslow, would not draft Okafor... Pondering why people thought he was consensus 1.
And this Allen guy, makes me annoyed.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#96 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:58 am

PZiv wrote:So far.
Would draft Winslow, would not draft Okafor... Pondering why people thought he was consensus 1.
And this Allen guy, makes me annoyed.

I sure hope someone passes on Okafor in case we slip. People said the same thing about Wiggins when Kansas was eliminated last year.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#97 » by PZiv » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:58 am

they calling everything to Puke.
Mattya wrote:
I sure hope someone passes on Okafor in case we slip. People said the same thing about Wiggins when Kansas was eliminated last year.

Would still take him over WCS to be certain, but people said a lot of stuff. Even as going that top3 in this draft are getting better prospect than in 14. And yet there are so many red flag problems about acclaimed no.1 pick for most of consideration.
AttackTheRack
Junior
And1: 82

Post#98 » by AttackTheRack » Tue Apr 7, 2015 3:01 am

Duke guys been getting that charge call for years. Peeling off like a banana. Called a flop, ref.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#99 » by Maefteda » Tue Apr 7, 2015 3:01 am

The fact that I like Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow a lot makes me less certain about Okafor. I feel like Towns is the consensus 1st pick now. Not bad.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#100 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 7, 2015 3:04 am

PZiv wrote:they calling everything to Puke.
Mattya wrote:

Would still take him over WCS to be certain, but people said a lot of stuff. Even as going that top3 in this draft are getting better prospect than in 14. And yet there are so many red flag problems about acclaimed no.1 pick for most of consideration.

Well those people should be ignored. He is still a top 2 prospect.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves