*I dont agree with the top-3
3%

Total votes: 62

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Hypothetic: Who you draft with the 4# ? 

Post#1 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Considering our luck and our chances of getting the 4# pick are higher than gettin the 1# or 2# or 3#.

.357, 4th pick
.250, 1st pick
.215, 2nd pick
.178, 3rd pick

My question is who you pick with the 4# ?

Poll: I'm assuming that the top-3 picks are locked (Towns / Okafor / Russell in no particular order)
*You provaly can make a case that Mudiay or other are going to be picked over one of this 3.
So, i´m going to put that opcion in the poll. (*I dont agree with the top-3) And explain why if you chose that opcion. Thank you.

:wink:

EDIT: BTW is Hypothetic the right word to use ? Or is hypothetical ? :lol:
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Re: Hypothetic: Who you draft with the 4# ? 

Post#2 » by Foye » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Russell, Mudiay or Hezonja.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#3 » by Klomp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:39 pm

It's between Mudiay and Porzingis
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#4 » by Mattya » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:54 pm

Hypothetical.

Mudiay or Porzingis.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#5 » by C.lupus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:11 pm

I really don't know who I want at 4. I'm supposed to want Mudiay but I'm personally not sold on him. The next best prospect in terms of ceiling is probably Porzingis but his body isn't NBA ready yet, even if he thinks he is. I like Winslow but 4 might be a little high for him, same with Mario and WCS.
mondry
Senior
And1: 274

Post#6 » by mondry » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:11 pm

I don't like the euro's or the chinese guy mudiay so it's between winslow and WCS for me and due to fit I pick WCS. We need a center bad because pek's done and Dieng is a career backup IMO. We also need massive help on defense so WCS makes the most sense to me.

It's not the sexy pick and even I would cringe knowing we didn't get towns / okafor but it's best for the team. Rubio has always elevated less skilled offensive players and I see wiggins and lavine capable of a combined 50+ each night down the road.

Let's just hope we don't pick 4th in a 3 player draft...
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#7 » by eyeteeth » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm really hoping for Towns (and I mean, who isn't?), but beyond him, Okafor, Cauley-Stein, and maybe Porzingis? Kaminsky? I really don't see the need for us to take anyone that's not a PF/C.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#8 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:44 pm

I still take mudiay.

It is widely considered that there is a drop off after 4. You take him snd then worry about what to do next. If a team is willingly to overpay to get him, then u trade him. Who knows, maybe he looks good and you make rubio expendable in a later trade. Wolves dont have enough core pieces to start drafting for need unless flip truly feels mudiay is in the same tier as justice, wcs, or whoever he takes instead.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:00 pm

There's a lot of interesting options with all the young prospects, but unless they can work out a trade down, the obvious choice is just go with Cauley Stein. All year long the defense has been a huge problem. If you're picking #4 and the most proven defensive problem-solver in the draft is staring you in the face, it just seems like you're asking for it by passing on him.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,515

Post#10 » by Worm Guts » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Of the guys I've seen, it's either Winslow or WCS. Probably Winslow.
I haven't seen Mudiay and Porzingis, but Mudiay has been ranked top 4 all season and top 2 before the season. He's also the worst fit.
I'd probably draft Mudiay and try to trade down for one of the other 3.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm

http://dunkingwithwolves.com/2015/04/25 ... ley-stein/

the Timberwolves finished DEAD LAST in the NBA this season in opponent scoring (106.5 points per game), opponent field goal percentage (48.7%), and defensive rebounding percentage (71.6%).

http://www.canishoopus.com/2015/4/23/84 ... nse-primer

the Wolves were miserable at one-on-one post defense (4th worst in PPP given up and Scored On frequency, 2nd worst in FG% given up)

The Wolves give up 1.03 PPP in pick-and-roll defense, which is 26th in the league (best is Memphis at 0.84 PPP) They're 28th in pick-and-roll FG% defense (52.6%) and 21st in fouling %

In his admittedly very limited 98 minutes, Kevin Garnett posted a defensive rating of 93.8. In those 98 minutes of those five games...with Kevin Martin and Zach LaVine and Chase Budinger and all of that...the Wolves were better on defense than the Memphis Grizzlies. That's how much one big man who's great on defense can change the game.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Klomp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:http://dunkingwithwolves.com/2015/04/25 ... ley-stein/

the Timberwolves finished DEAD LAST in the NBA this season in opponent scoring (106.5 points per game), opponent field goal percentage (48.7%), and defensive rebounding percentage (71.6%).

the Wolves were miserable at one-on-one post defense (4th worst in PPP given up and Scored On frequency, 2nd worst in FG% given up)

The Wolves give up 1.03 PPP in pick-and-roll defense, which is 26th in the league (best is Memphis at 0.84 PPP) They're 28th in pick-and-roll FG% defense (52.6%) and 21st in fouling %

In his admittedly very limited 98 minutes, Kevin Garnett posted a defensive rating of 93.8. In those 98 minutes of those five games...with Kevin Martin and Zach LaVine and Chase Budinger and all of that...the Wolves were better on defense than the Memphis Grizzlies. That's how much one big man who's great on defense can change the game.

So are we expecting a rookie to come in Day 1 and have the same defensive impact as Kevin Garnett?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#13 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:25 pm

Mudiay? What have you guys even been seeing from him? Have you guys watched a game of him playing?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#14 » by Worm Guts » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Mudiay? What have you guys even been seeing from him? Have you guys watched a game of him playing?

Have you?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#15 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Klomp wrote:

So are we expecting a rookie to come in Day 1 and have the same defensive impact as Kevin Garnett?

No, but I'm expecting a talented, athletic, seasoned college player to come in and have a bigger defensive impact than Dieng or Pekovic.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Klomp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:No, but I'm expecting a talented, athletic, seasoned college player to come in and have a bigger defensive impact than Dieng or Pekovic.

Do we want just "better than we have right now" or "the best talent we can get"? Just because it's a need doesn't mean it's the right player to draft.

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#17 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Klomp wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:No, but I'm expecting a talented, athletic, seasoned college player to come in and have a bigger defensive impact than Dieng or Pekovic.

Do we want just "better than we have right now" or "the best talent we can get"? Just because it's a need doesn't mean it's the right player to draft.

It's not out of the question for him to be both
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#18 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:45 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:Mudiay? What have you guys even been seeing from him? Have you guys watched a game of him playing?

Have you?

No I just seen highlights and stats of him. Have you? Don't understand how people clamor for a guy they haven't even seen a game of.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#19 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Klomp wrote:

No doubt that KG has a big impact, but Lavine getting limited minutes was just as big a factor in the wolves actually defending In those games.

A defensive big is a need, but no one person can help if your guards give no resistance and constant straight lines to the hoop.

Gobert gets most of the credit, but i think exum starting and burkes demotion gets overlooked in the impact it made for the jazz defensively.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#20 » by Worm Guts » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Have you?

No I just seen highlights and stats of him. Have you? Don't understand how people clamor for a guy they haven't even seen a game of.

Of course not. The clamor comes from the "experts" ranking him with the elite. In high school he was playing in camps and all star games with Okafor, Towns, and Russell and was considered a top 2 prospect. Of course rankings fluctuate over the course of a season, but you shouldn't ignore a player who was considered elite just because he chose an unusual path. The Wolves have to do their homework on him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves