ImageImageImage

Should we trade for another lottery pick ?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Re: Should we trade for another lottery pick ? 

Post#61 » by Killboard » Sat May 16, 2015 4:07 pm

jpatrick wrote:Porzingis doesn't have Gobert's length, no one does. But remember, when Gobert was 19 he was barely getting his butt off the bench in the French league, a significantly inferior league to Porzingis' ACB. He didn't display great anything on the court.

At 19, both Gobert and Porzingis moved like baby deer growing into their bodies. When Porzingis is 22, as Gobert is now, he's going to be a monster. Remember, the last time he played against guys his own age, the Euro U18 tournament, he broke the tournament's record with 5 blocks a game. As a comparison, Jonas V only averaged 2.5 blocks when he played in the tournament.

Thats part of the projection you must do to decide invest on Porzingis.

I make the topic in the trades section, but Im not sold on the idea. The point was try to weight our options before the draft.
I really like Lavine, he has the tools to be a very good player down the road, but I saw some things in him that put distance from other prospects like Wiggins (his BB IQ is the main reason, which is specially important to ball handlers). So... if you have a close look at players like Porzingis or WCS, in addition to our main pick (being Okafor or Russell) and you think they could have a similar grow to Lavine, but better fit or sinergy with the other parts of the roster, why you cant get a shot to think about it. If the close look dont put them over Lavine, you proceed do the same with Bazz or gorgui.

The main goal should be getting the best possible starters as soon as possible. The bench production came afterwards. We have Rubio and Wiggins like a sure thing, and our next pick should be a sure thing as well. Lavine or Bazz are there already? should Porzingis be there? WCS? Winslow/Hezonja/Johnson?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#62 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:35 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:What if we draft Russell? Would you guys consider trading Rubio and running Lavine/Russell as a combo backcourt?

I think the Kings would have some interest in Ricky, maybe the Lakers/Jazz/Knicks as well. We'd probably have to add some value, for sure.

Only way I'd move Ricky is if we had a chance to get Porzingis, though. Just tossing some ideas out there.

I would trade Ricky for the right trade package.

Would Rubio + Dieng + #31 to Knicks for their top 5 pick + Calderon get it done? Wolves draft Russell and OAK or KAT.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#63 » by AQuintus » Sun May 17, 2015 2:17 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I would trade Ricky for the right trade package.

Would Rubio + Dieng + #31 to Knicks for their top 5 pick + Calderon get it done? Wolves draft Russell and OAK or KAT.

If Okafor or Kat is available to them, there's no way that the Knicks trade their pick for that package.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Re: Re: Re: Re: Should we trade for another lottery pick ? 

Post#64 » by AQuintus » Sun May 17, 2015 2:20 pm

The J Rocka wrote:Darko Milicic over Melo because the Pistons had drafted Tayshaun Prince the previous year.

They considered Darko to be BPA.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#65 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun May 17, 2015 3:18 pm

AQuintus wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:I would trade Ricky for the right trade package.

If Okafor or Kat is available to them, there's no way that the Knicks trade their pick for that package.

What I meant was Wolves draft in top 2 and land OAK or KAT, Knicks select 3-5 with Russell available with their pick.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#66 » by C.lupus » Sun May 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Russell is a better fit in the triangle than Rubio.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Re: Re: Re: Should we trade for another lottery pick ? 

Post#67 » by The J Rocka » Sun May 17, 2015 3:44 pm

AQuintus wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:Darko Milicic over Melo because the Pistons had drafted Tayshaun Prince the previous year.

They considered Darko to be BPA.

That's because they felt their core of Billups-Hamilton-Prince was already good enough moving forward and all they needed to add was a dynamic scoring big man to play alongside Ben Wallace. They quickly realized Darko was a mistake and traded for Rasheed Wallace months later.

EDIT: What they should've done was trade down. Darko would've been available a few spots lower because I remember other teams wanted Melo, Bosh, and Wade while Dumars was set on Darko.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves