ImageImageImage

Trade thread (fans of other teams welcome)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Re: Re: 

Post#481 » by immortalone23 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:46 am

Saltine wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:Idk where to put this,but I'm wondering if anyone works for the Wolves. I'm looking to intern there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/wolves/intern_program.html

Thanks a lot!
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Re: Trade thread (fans of other teams welcome) 

Post#482 » by jpatrick » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Posted in the Bjelica thread but will put here too. Story says that Knicks pursuing S/T for Bjelica.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/06/featured/106407
slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#483 » by slinky » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Outside of Porzingis, who/what you even want for Bjelica?

I see his only happening if Flip wanted NY to absorb salaries this year(Bennett, Budinger) but even then, for what reason, I can't see Flip spending real money on an FA who could block development time at EVERY position. I don't think NY has any 1st next year, so we can't get greedy looking for those either.

The pipe dream would be of course if Phil Jack got bored, and decided to take on Pekovic in exchange for Bjelica. :-)
IncredibleHulk
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#484 » by IncredibleHulk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm

slinky wrote:Outside of Porzingis, who/what you even want for Bjelica?

I see his only happening if Flip wanted NY to absorb salaries this year(Bennett, Budinger) but even then, for what reason, I can't see Flip spending real money on an FA who could block development time at EVERY position. I don't think NY has any 1st next year, so we can't get greedy looking for those either.

The pipe dream would be of course if Phil Jack got bored, and decided to take on Pekovic in exchange for Bjelica. :-)

And I thought I had read/saw somewhere where Flip talked about how if Bjelica were in this years draft he thinks he would have been a top-10 pick. If that's Flip's state of mind I can't see him giving up Bjelica cheap.

They have Porzingis but thats way too much imo. I'm just not sure the Knicks have the assets to complete a deal, unless, like you said, they just take on Pek/Bud/AB or something to get him.

Edit: Here's the link to the article where Flip said that. http://m.startribune.com/sports/wolves/310365511.html?section=sports/wolves
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#485 » by rugbyrugger23 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 pm

IncredibleHulk wrote:

And I thought I had read/saw somewhere where Flip talked about how if Bjelica were in this years draft he thinks he would have been a top-10 pick. If that's Flip's state of mind I can't see him giving up Bjelica cheap.

They have Porzingis but thats way too much imo. I'm just not sure the Knicks have the assets to complete a deal, unless, like you said, they just take on Pek/Bud/AB or something to get him.

Well if Phil values Bjelica same as Flip, top-10 pick, Flip can offer him, plus Phil can choose from Dieng and/or Payne and if he really wants Bennett, have at it. Wolves take on Calderon.

C: Towns/Pek/KG
F: KG/Porzingis/Bennett
F: Wig/Bazz/Bud
G: Martin/LaVine
G: Rubio/Calderon/Jones
IncredibleHulk
Sophomore

Post#486 » by IncredibleHulk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:20 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
IncredibleHulk wrote:

Well if Phil values Bjelica same as Flip, top-10 pick, Flip can offer him, plus Phil can choose from Dieng and/or Payne and if he really wants Bennett, have at it. Wolves take on Calderon.

C: Towns/Pek/KG
F: KG/Porzingis/Bennett
F: Wig/Bazz/Bud
G: Martin/LaVine
G: Rubio/Calderon/Jones

I think the value's pretty good here but I'm still not sure that the Knicks do it (I think Bjelica being 7+ years old than Porzingis would be a big factor). As long as Dolan owns the team just about anything is possible with that team though.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#487 » by Saltine » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:19 am

jpatrick wrote:Posted in the Bjelica thread but will put here too. Story says that Knicks pursuing S/T for Bjelica.

They can't sign and trade him, he's never had a contract, the CBA forbids it.

They can sign him, and much later trade him, in his case it's probably one month later, but it may be until December 15th. It's one of those. Sounds like nonsense to be honest. The Knicks have an empty cookie jar, they don't even have a pick next year to give us.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#488 » by Klomp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 am

Saltine wrote:
jpatrick wrote:Posted in the Bjelica thread but will put here too. Story says that Knicks pursuing S/T for Bjelica.

They can't sign and trade him, he's never had a contract, the CBA forbids it.

They can sign him, and much later trade him, in his case it's probably one month later, but it may be until December 15th. It's one of those. Sounds like nonsense to be honest. The Knicks have an empty cookie jar, they don't even have a pick next year to give us.

Correct. Another team will have to trade for his rights and then sign him.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#489 » by Klomp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:31 am

But going off that idea, what about:

Porzingis (rights)
Calderon ($7,402,812 / $7,708,427)

for

Bjelica (rights)
Rubio ($13,750,000 / $13,750,000 / $13,750,000 / $13,750,000)
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#490 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:38 am

The Porzingis stuff is pretty far fetched at this point. They're not going to trade him for anything were willing to give up.
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#491 » by Saltine » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:50 am

Klomp wrote:But going off that idea, what about:

Porzingis (rights)
Calderon ($7,402,812 / $7,708,427)

for

Bjelica (rights)
Rubio ($13,750,000 / $13,750,000 / $13,750,000 / $13,750,000)

I doubt it.
Calderon sucks now days, I'm sure Flip is well aware of this. Wrecking our season before it starts to get a guy that raw seems absurd. And we are still stuck with Bennett. :noway:
iserp
Junior
And1: 99

Post#492 » by iserp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 am

No way the Knicks are giving so much value to get Bjelica. He is a nice player, but players that stay so long in Europe have an iffy record on translating to the NBA.

I guess the Knicks are thinking more about absorbing salary, giving a couple of 2nd rounders, or the rights for Hernangomez. If that's not enough, i guess they will forget about Bjelica. I mean, the media puts way too many stories of "the Knicks are interested in...", but very few of them are about players the Knicks are really crazy on. I guess Phil thought Bjelica could be a nice player for the triangle and thought it doesnt hurt to ask. I wouldnt read too much into it.
SaintS
Sophomore
And1: 32

Trade thread (fans of other teams welcome) 

Post#493 » by SaintS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:10 am

If Knicks really want Bjelica.
Minnesota can propose
Dieng+Martin + Bjelica rights
In return
Porzi + Calderon

TWolves doesn't lose anything special (back up center + veteran scorer which want to trade for good price) and take a great prospect which can be a great pair to Towns in a near future.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#494 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Anthony Bennett for Tiago Splitter works in the trade checker...I suppose they could save more elsewhere though
IncredibleHulk
Sophomore

Post#495 » by IncredibleHulk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Anthony Bennett for Tiago Splitter works in the trade checker...I suppose they could save more elsewhere though

Budinger and Lorenzo Brown works too. With Brown not guaranteed they could cut him and save a little more, but they'll probably have some better options out there yet.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#496 » by jpatrick » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Anthony Bennett for Tiago Splitter works in the trade checker...I suppose they could save more elsewhere though

Yeah, Splitter's still a solid big on a non-horrendous deal. I think a team with cap space might be willing to just absorb his salary.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#497 » by C.lupus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Knicks don't have anybody I'd want more than Bjelica outside of Porzingis and that isn't going to happen.
NBACommissioner
Banned User
And1: 177

Post#498 » by NBACommissioner » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:37 am

Anythony Bennett + 2nd to Raptors for Luke Ridnour... would clear that space the Wolves and they'd get a cheap backup pg (they could also waive his 2.5 mil before July 9 if they wanted to) and we'd get a trade exception along with Bennett.
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#499 » by Saltine » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:31 am

C.lupus wrote:Knicks don't have anybody I'd want more than Bjelica outside of Porzingis and that isn't going to happen.

Yep, they've worked really hard, and long, at being crappy and have nothing to show for it. I think a kindergarten class could have crowd sourced much better team management amongst themselves than the Knicks have had over the past fifteen years.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#500 » by urinesane » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:32 am

NBACommissioner wrote:Anythony Bennett + 2nd to Raptors for Luke Ridnour... would clear that space the Wolves and they'd get a cheap backup pg (they could also waive his 2.5 mil before July 9 if they wanted to) and we'd get a trade exception along with Bennett.

What do the Wolves need to clear space up for? They don't need to get FAs this year outside of KG and end of bench filler.

Just keep the roster mostly how it is and see how players develop.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves