ImageImageImage

As fans would you welcome Love back?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#21 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 am

Where's the loyalty? Kevin Love flat out disrespected us fans and the franchise. I thought these discussions were over with?? He's a cry baby, a bad locker room guy.. He's not a winner, has no leadership, injury prone.. he stuffed the Stat sheet on a bad team.. I say F off kevin Love.. We're better off without him.. Anyone up for some knuckle push ups?

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: As fans would you welcome Love back? 

Post#22 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:47 am

If Flip could manage to get Love and a 3-D type swing (Green as an example), I think thats a legit contender in the west.

Rubio/LoBro
Green/Lavine
Wiggs/Bazz
Love/KG or even start KG next to Love for the start of games.
KAT/Dieng

That is more than enough defense to cover Love. And enough offense where teams can't just focus on Wiggs.

An injury to Rubio wouldnt be has detrimental because you run everything through Wiggs and Love.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#23 » by Feilong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:31 am

I don't want him back. Great players show their loyalty in good and in bad times. He is just a mercenary.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#24 » by minimus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:41 am

Feilong wrote:I don't want him back. Great players show their loyalty in good and in bad times. He is just a mercenary.

Just like LeBron did, Pierce did, KG did etc.
Feilong
Veteran

Post#25 » by Feilong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:09 am

minimus wrote:
Feilong wrote:I don't want him back. Great players show their loyalty in good and in bad times. He is just a mercenary.

What these players have in common with Love?
KG was in playoffs for years and he didn't want to leave the team. The team traded him.
Pierce won a championship, when the team decided to rebuild they traded him.
Lebron couldn't win a championship with CLE so he decided to win one somewhere else.

What has Love done? Absolutely nothing. Ricky goes down and MIN with Love is the worst team in the league.
He signs a contract and all he wants is to leave earlier. He forced a trade because he didn't want to play in MIN.

What are you talking about? How can you compare KG with Love?
zeemwolves
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#26 » by zeemwolves » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:30 am

Garnett - Love - Towns on the same team? that would be mouth watering: past, present, and future

it kills me that we might not have the cap space eventhough the players that are on the highest contracts dont really deserve them, Pekovic and Marting IMO are extremely overpaid, i dont know if we can devise a way to trade them (possibly giving up other assets to increase value)
minimus
RealGM

Post#27 » by minimus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:55 am

Feilong wrote:
minimus wrote:

KG was in playoffs for years and he didn't want to leave the team. The team traded him.
Lebron couldn't win a championship with CLE so he decided to win one somewhere else.

What has Love done? Absolutely nothing. Ricky goes down and MIN with Love is the worst team in the league.
He signs a contract and all he wants is to leave earlier. He forced a trade because he didn't want to play in MIN.

Easy, easy. Media tried to make Love's situation as much dramatic as possible. Kevin tried to keep silence. And he did not not left us in the dust like many other superstars did. Loyalty doesn't exist in current NBA, unless you think that 20+ mil contract for aging Kobe is sign of loyalty.
I'm personally don't understand your personal hate for Love, he played with awful GM who didn't give him max contract and failed to assemble balanced roster for years. Too much hate. Now you blame Kevin, tomorrow you will blame Wiggins or Towns. That's what I'm talking about.
Feilong
Veteran

Post#28 » by Feilong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:18 am

minimus wrote:Easy, easy. Media tried to make Love's situation as much dramatic as possible. Kevin tried to keep silence. And he did not not left us in the dust like many other superstars did. Loyalty doesn't exist in current NBA, unless you think that 20+ mil contract for aging Kobe is sign of loyalty.
I'm personally don't understand your personal hate for Love, he played with awful GM who didn't give him max contract and failed to assemble balanced roster for years. Too much hate. Now you blame Kevin, tomorrow you will blame Wiggins or Towns. That's what I'm talking about.

I like players who can bring wins. I dislike players who play for stats.
That's why i like Ricky, that's why i dislike Love.
MIN with Love but without Ricky was by far the worst team in the league. Love can't bring you wins. He couldn't do it in MIN, he couldn't do it in CLE. Thompson was a more useful player than Love this year.
Loyalty doesn't exist? Dirk? Dunkan? etc etc These guys took a huge paycut so their teams had cap space to bring quality players.
They wanted to stay and they wanted to win. So they did everything they could. Pay cut, play hard every game, recruit others, play for wins and not for stats etc.

I will end it here.
minimus
RealGM

Post#29 » by minimus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:35 am

Feilong wrote:
minimus wrote:Easy, easy. Media tried to make Love's situation as much dramatic as possible. Kevin tried to keep silence. And he did not not left us in the dust like many other superstars did. Loyalty doesn't exist in current NBA, unless you think that 20+ mil contract for aging Kobe is sign of loyalty.

MIN with Love but without Ricky was by far the worst team in the league. Love can't bring you wins. He couldn't do it in MIN, he couldn't do it in CLE. Thompson was a more useful player than Love this year.
Loyalty doesn't exist? Dirk? Dunkan? etc etc These guys took a huge paycut so their teams had cap space to bring quality players.
They wanted to stay and they wanted to win. So they did everything they could. Pay cut, play hard every game, recruit others, play for wins and not for stats etc.

I will end it here.

i might be mistaken but CLE lost in finals without Love and Irving. When both were healthy CLE played fantastic basketball.
It is getting ridiculous when you compare TT and Love. Dirk and Duncan are exceptions not rule.

P.S. BTW I remember fans, analitics bashing Dirk saying he is soft, won't bring wins, plays no defense, empty stats blah-blah-blah. Same with Curry. You look exactly like them. I will end it here.
eroomlladnar
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#30 » by eroomlladnar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:02 am

1 year deal at a discounted rate for him to regain some value, sure.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#31 » by mandurugo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Good god no, it took forever to get rid of him the first time. We won't get such a lopsided deal for him twice. Plus for all his improvements over the year he's still got negative leadership and a body of glass.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#32 » by Basti » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:24 pm

I'm torn. As a player I wouldn't hesitate one second to get him back and have one of the best front courts in the league (assuming we draft Towns). But then there are certain things that make me want him to stay away from the team, mostly the pouting for not getting a foul call (sends a bad message to the young players, too), his refusal to sacrifice rebounding for at least an attempt to put a hand in the face of his opponent and the fact that he has been injured quite a lot (but to be fair, some of his injuries were freak accidents).

Generally speaking I'd welcome him back but I'd have some concerns. But since we don't have enough cap space it's a moot point anyway.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#33 » by guest81 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Feilong wrote:

I will end it here.

Ricky has not brought extra wins! Jesus. Love played like a warrior every game here. Pretty sure it's impossible to put up 26-15 without "playing hard"
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by guest81 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:17 pm

Basti wrote:I'm torn. As a player I wouldn't hesitate one second to get him back and have one of the best front courts in the league (assuming we draft Towns). But then there are certain things that make me want him to stay away from the team, mostly the pouting for not getting a foul call (sends a bad message to the young players, too), his refusal to sacrifice rebounding for at least an attempt to put a hand in the face of his opponent and the fact that he has been injured quite a lot (but to be fair, some of his injuries were freak accidents).

Generally speaking I'd welcome him back but I'd have some concerns. But since we don't have enough cap space it's a moot point anyway.

Yea guys like Lebron and Duncan never pout over getting a call, bad message those guys are sending to their teammates
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#35 » by Basti » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:31 pm

guest81 wrote:
Basti wrote:I'm torn. As a player I wouldn't hesitate one second to get him back and have one of the best front courts in the league (assuming we draft Towns). But then there are certain things that make me want him to stay away from the team, mostly the pouting for not getting a foul call (sends a bad message to the young players, too), his refusal to sacrifice rebounding for at least an attempt to put a hand in the face of his opponent and the fact that he has been injured quite a lot (but to be fair, some of his injuries were freak accidents).

Yea guys like Lebron and Duncan never pout over getting a call, bad message those guys are sending to their teammates

I never said Love was the only one who does that. But yes, that's one of the things that annoy me about him hence me listing it as a reason why I'm torn.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by guest81 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Basti wrote:
guest81 wrote:

I never said Love was the only one who does that. But yes, that's one of the things that annoy me about him hence me listing it as a reason why I'm torn.

Yea but every single star player does it, and in the playoffs, 99% of players do it
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#37 » by urinesane » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:41 pm

I would welcome him back, but not as a max contract.

He would be the best player on the team now, but I think Wiggins and Towns will be better in their primes (as far as moving the needle on both ends of the floor).

I really like the new build after the Love era. Time for the Wolves to start having a top defense.
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#38 » by alabamawolf » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:08 pm

The spacing of the offense would be perfect with Love but I've moved on from him. I like the direction we're headed with this young core
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#39 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 pm

If he's willing to play for 10-12 mil a year yeah sure
HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Post#40 » by HitmanCapone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Feilong wrote:
minimus wrote:

I wouldn't put KG in the list with those players. As for Pierce he would have been traded if Minnesota never traded KG to Boston. That offseason Pierce was trying to force a trade because the Celtics weren't "good enough" However they traded for KG and signed or traded for Ray Allen, I don't remember which and the rest is history however if they never traded for KG Pierce would have been viewed in the same spotlight.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves