ImageImageImage

** The Official Tyus Jones Thread **

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,127

Re: ** The Official Tyus Jones Thread ** 

Post#101 » by GopherIt! » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:44 am

mondry wrote:...when it's all said and done, great point guard skills, good floater, ice cold shooting the ball with deadly 3's and more clutch factor.

That's part of what I love about this pick, his floor is a near perfect Rubio back up.
mondry
Senior
And1: 274

Post#102 » by mondry » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:59 am

GopherIt! wrote:
mondry wrote:...when it's all said and done, great point guard skills, good floater, ice cold shooting the ball with deadly 3's and more clutch factor.

That's part of what I love about this pick, his floor is a near perfect Rubio back up.

Exactly, I mean think about this, our 2nd unit is going to be

Jones
Lavine
Bazz
Bjelica
Dieng

LIKE WOW! Our 2nd unit could compete for a playoff spot in the east!
Timberpuppy
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#103 » by Timberpuppy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#104 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:27 pm

^Awesome
Trust the PRosas!
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#105 » by Mattya » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 am

mondry wrote:I see Chris Paul when it's all said and done, great point guard skills, good floater, ice cold shooting the ball with deadly 3's and more clutch factor.

He doesn't have that type of potential.

1. CP3 was significantly more efficient as a scorer in college.
2. CP3 is a excellent defender.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#106 » by Dewey » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:43 am

Tyus knows how to ball, but as he has stated himself, he will need a couple years to adapt physically.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#107 » by Klomp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:02 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhcDKpiSbu0[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Klomp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:20 am

Check his pick and roll partner on a lot of these

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_yrZP6zksY[/youtube]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#109 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:05 am

mondry wrote:I see Chris Paul when it's all said and done, great point guard skills, good floater, ice cold shooting the ball with deadly 3's and more clutch factor.

Cp3 is a lot better. Conley is sort of a poor mans CP3, and I'd say Tyus is then a poor mans Conley.
He's just not the athlete that those guys are, or the defender.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#110 » by Killboard » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:28 am

His absolute ceiling could be a mix between Jason Terry and Mike Bibby.

Maybe not the volume shooter that Terry was, but he is not afraid of the moment.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#111 » by Vindicater » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:23 am

Yep...

That's why Chris Paul went late in the first round and was then traded for 3 second rounders.

Chris Paul... Jesus.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#112 » by King Malta » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 am

Vindicater wrote:

Yep...

That's why Chris Paul went late in the first round and was then traded for 3 second rounders.

Chris Paul... Jesus.

Man, if Jones is half as good as some of the comparisons in here I'll be rapt :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Klomp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 am

Man, I never knew your career path is decided by where in the draft you're taken.

I guess Manu Ginobili is destined to be a bust since he went late in the 2nd round.

King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#114 » by King Malta » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:20 am

Klomp wrote:Man, I never knew your career path is decided by where in the draft you're taken.

I guess Manu Ginobili is destined to be a bust since he went late in the 2nd round.

My above comment wasn't really in relation to where he was taken, more-so that I found a comparison to someone like Chris Paul pretty optimistic, as I would do for most Point Guards taken in any draft, the guy's certainly one of the best I've seen in my lifetime.

And indeed, if Jones is half as good as a Chris Paul then I'll be very pleased.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#115 » by Sugarless » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:13 am

No offense guys, but some of these comparisons are worse than Jalen Rose's. :D
zeemwolves
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#116 » by zeemwolves » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 am

dont know if someone asked this before, but looking at tyus jones and his highlights and previous accomplishments, isnt it surprising he was still available at pick 24? same for justise winslow at number 10, they both look like really good players
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#117 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:10 pm

zeemwolves wrote:dont know if someone asked this before, but looking at tyus jones and his highlights and previous accomplishments, isnt it surprising he was still available at pick 24? same for justise winslow at number 10, they both look like really good players

He looks solid, but nothing more than that. If an undersized PG who is below average at defending his position wants to go say top 12, he needs to have something like an elite FG%, impressive ball handling on top of his solid asst/TO ratio and 3pt%.

That doesn't mean that he can't turn out to be a top 12 talent in the draft, but his chances of that are lower than of those in the top 12.
mcd6184
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#118 » by mcd6184 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:34 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
zeemwolves wrote:dont know if someone asked this before, but looking at tyus jones and his highlights and previous accomplishments, isnt it surprising he was still available at pick 24? same for justise winslow at number 10, they both look like really good players

He looks solid, but nothing more than that. If an undersized PG who is below average at defending his position wants to go say top 12, he needs to have something like an elite FG%, impressive ball handling on top of his solid asst/TO ratio and 3pt%.

That doesn't mean that he can't turn out to be a top 12 talent in the draft, but his chances of that are lower than of those in the top 12.

Tyus with a 40 in. Vert and more quickness is a top 10 pick no doubt.

Justise's slip was odd. Detroit picking Stanley over him may be a Curry/Flynn like mistake in the future. I don't think Stanley will be out of the league like Flynn, but I, and many others, will not be surprised if Justise is the best player out of this draft in 5 years. He has barely scratched the surface of what he can be.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#119 » by Sugarless » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:14 pm

mcd6184 wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

Justise's slip was odd. Detroit picking Stanley over him may be a Curry/Flynn like mistake in the future. I don't think Stanley will be out of the league like Flynn, but I, and many others, will not be surprised if Justise is the best player out of this draft in 5 years. He has barely scratched the surface of what he can be.

I don't know about the best player in the draft, but he certainly could be better than Stanley Johnson. However, I think the Pistons chose Johnson cause he can be a bit more agressive on offense. Winslow projects to be a great all-around SF, but he may end up being too much of a team guy considering the Pistons needs on the wing.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

AW: Re: ** The Official Tyus Jones Thread ** 

Post#120 » by Foye » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Sugarless wrote:
mcd6184 wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

I don't know about the best player in the draft, but he certainly could be better than Stanley Johnson. However, I think the Pistons chose Johnson cause he can be a bit more agressive on offense. Winslow projects to be a great all-around SF, but he may end up being too much of a team guy considering the Pistons needs on the wing.

But the real question is whether he is going to be better than Stanley Robins who the Knicks should ve drafted instead of Porzingis according to Stephen A Smith. :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves