Flip: "We need new jerseys"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,925

Re: Flip: "We need new jerseys" 

Post#61 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:22 pm

C-Dub47 wrote:How far off are we talking with this? Like is it out of the question for this year? IDK how long this process takes. I'd imagine next year is when it happens.

I think now that Flip has brought it up, it will be next year at the latest.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#62 » by Saltine » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:34 pm

C-Dub47 wrote:How far off are we talking with this? Like is it out of the question for this year? IDK how long this process takes. I'd imagine next year is when it happens.

It shouldn't take more than a few weeks if they have a design they like, which they probably don't...
Uniforms are easy to make, and revise, quickly. But we don't know how much time the NBA/Wolves bureaucracy being involved wastes on something like this, they probably have a whole bunch of silly rules to follow. I'm sure if the NBA decided to put advertising on the jerseys it would be done within a week ;-)
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#63 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:30 am

Hopefully similar to the Hornets where they brought back their colors but with modern vibe
Trust the PRosas!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:53 am

Saltine wrote:It shouldn't take more than a few weeks if they have a design they like, which they probably don't...
Uniforms are easy to make, and revise, quickly. But we don't know how much time the NBA/Wolves bureaucracy being involved wastes on something like this, they probably have a whole bunch of silly rules to follow. I'm sure if the NBA decided to put advertising on the jerseys it would be done within a week ;-)

From what I've heard, these processes take roughly a year. Especially now that Towns jerseys are being sold in the current design.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by Saltine » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:07 am

Klomp wrote:
Saltine wrote:It shouldn't take more than a few weeks if they have a design they like, which they probably don't...

From what I've heard, these processes take roughly a year. Especially now that Towns jerseys are being sold in the current design.

That is totally nuts... it's fabric and dye, lol
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,115

Post#66 » by m2002brian » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:08 am

I like the Georgetown jersey's color palette
BLUEGREENRED
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:19 am

Saltine wrote:That is totally nuts... it's fabric and dye, lol

The process for NBA teams to change their logos or uniforms usually takes two years, but Leonsis’s desire to start anew and bring his NBA franchise into the fold with the other properties under Monumental Sports and Entertainment, such as the Capitals, enabled the team to unveil a new look — or rather a modern take on an old look — on Tuesday in about 11 months.

“Sometimes, we have some circumstances where we have new ownership, we have a vision, and we can move these timelines around a little bit,” said Christopher Arena, the NBA’s vice president for apparel, sporting goods and basketball partnerships. “The Wizards were very focused and very clear where they wanted this to go and that really refined the brief and direction we wanted to go, and that creative process was really truncated in a small amount of time.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/wizards-went-from-plan-to-new-uniform-and-logo-quicker-than-most-nba-teams/2011/05/10/AF0e7XkG_story.html

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#68 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:25 am

Klomp wrote:
Saltine wrote:That is totally nuts... it's fabric and dye, lol

The process for NBA teams to change their logos or uniforms usually takes two years, but Leonsis’s desire to start anew and bring his NBA franchise into the fold with the other properties under Monumental Sports and Entertainment, such as the Capitals, enabled the team to unveil a new look — or rather a modern take on an old look — on Tuesday in about 11 months.

“Sometimes, we have some circumstances where we have new ownership, we have a vision, and we can move these timelines around a little bit,” said Christopher Arena, the NBA’s vice president for apparel, sporting goods and basketball partnerships. “The Wizards were very focused and very clear where they wanted this to go and that really refined the brief and direction we wanted to go, and that creative process was really truncated in a small amount of time.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/wizards-went-from-plan-to-new-uniform-and-logo-quicker-than-most-nba-teams/2011/05/10/AF0e7XkG_story.html

Doesn't really say why though. Like he said, you make a design and put it on stuff. Seems cut and dry. I'd imagine there's other stuff involved, but the article doesn't give any details.
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by Saltine » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:27 am

There must be quite a few pointless meetings, with big egos, to make something so simple take so long...
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#70 » by Wolves21 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:38 am

I an fine with the current Jersey but I am also cool with a updated look.I think will get new Jersey's starting in the '17 season.The reason I say '17 instead of '16 is that in '17 is when NIKE takes over for all the merchandising stuff like jerseys,hats,T-Shirts...ect If that wasn't the case I would have said '16 sense thats when the Target upgrades will be done and when the Wolves without question should be a playoff bound team.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#71 » by Mattya » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:45 am

It might just be my eyes, but Flip and Milt have been wearing Wolves shirts in interviews that seem to be a darker/richer blue, than the dull blue that we currently use. Way better color.

Warriors have the nicest jerseys in the league. Shamelessly copy them.

Put one of these logos on the front. Use the darker blue, white and black.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#72 » by Mattya » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:47 am

I also find it interesting that all of those logos are logos the Wolves use on their website.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:47 am

Wolves21 wrote:I an fine with the current Jersey but I am also cool with a updated look.I think will get new Jersey's starting in the '17 season.The reason I say '17 instead of '16 is that in '17 is when NIKE takes over for all the merchandising stuff like jerseys,hats,T-Shirts...ect If that wasn't the case I would have said '16 sense thats when the Target upgrades will be done and when the Wolves without question should be a playoff bound team.

Not only that, but Flip said "we need new jerseys", not "we're getting new ones". Sounds to me like the 1- to 2-year process hasn't been started.

GooniousMaximus
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#74 » by GooniousMaximus » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:07 am

I reall like the font type of the a Timberwolves word mark on the practice floor

I also like the blue of the sidelines on the practice floor, that'd look like a great Jersey or some thing like a royal blue or warriors blue.

I also think something like this would be a good logo alternative
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#75 » by andyhop » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:17 am

Wolves21 wrote:I an fine with the current Jersey but I am also cool with a updated look.I think will get new Jersey's starting in the '17 season.The reason I say '17 instead of '16 is that in '17 is when NIKE takes over for all the merchandising stuff like jerseys,hats,T-Shirts...ect If that wasn't the case I would have said '16 sense thats when the Target upgrades will be done and when the Wolves without question should be a playoff bound team.

If the Wolves were a Soccer club they would definitely change the jerseys ,etc. next season because then you get the fans having to rebuy the new one in 2017 after the manufacturer change.

Lack of changes to designs probably explains why the NBA gets so little from its merchandising contract.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

Post#76 » by lewdog » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Cherry_Grape wrote:Once a logo is in the Hardwood classics, they can't go back to it and start using it again.

What about the Sixers? Hawks?
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
Timberpuppy
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#77 » by Timberpuppy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:53 pm

GooniousMaximus
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#78 » by GooniousMaximus » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Timberpuppy wrote:Image

oh HELL N-A-H
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,115

Post#79 » by m2002brian » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 am

I saw this and thought it looked animalish. If someone with more skill than tried, I'm sure one could make a wolf out of the T and W
BLUEGREENRED
Suhhuhu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#80 » by Suhhuhu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 am

I think the logo would be better if it was a pack of wolves rather than a single one

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves