ImageImageImage

Shabazz Muhammad Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Re: Shabazz Muhammad Thread 

Post#141 » by gold0259 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm

He's starting to play for a contract boy! Sniping threes like crazy and high %. Pretty solid 6th man hes been lately..
Side bar: big ups to T Jones last night..deserves a little more burn than hes been getting
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#142 » by minimus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:44 am

Thibs has been using Shabazz with starting unit more. Shabazz is first wing from bench. It gives him opportunity to play more with Rubio and it definitely helps his efficiency in transition. Because when he starts dribbling it is almost 100% TO or miss or offensive foul. Also he needs to continues to stay ready to shoot that open corner 3s. Which means continue to move off the ball. One thing I noticed is his improved defensive rebounding. To be honest I was always curious why he cant put consistent effort in defensive rebounding. One part is because he tries to leak for easy transition buckets. But defensive rebounding is something that can earn him playing time. I mean he has everything to succeed as rebounder: physical tools, aggressiveness. Plus Wiggins and Dieng are subpar rebounders.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#143 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 am

Hes been excellent recently.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#144 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:08 am

minimus wrote:Thibs has been using Shabazz with starting unit more. Shabazz is first wing from bench. It gives him opportunity to play more with Rubio and it definitely helps his efficiency in transition. Because when he starts dribbling it is almost 100% TO or miss or offensive foul. Also he needs to continues to stay ready to shoot that open corner 3s. Which means continue to move off the ball. One thing I noticed is his improved defensive rebounding. To be honest I was always curious why he cant put consistent effort in defensive rebounding. One part is because he tries to leak for easy transition buckets. But defensive rebounding is something that can earn him playing time. I mean he has everything to succeed as rebounder: physical tools, aggressiveness. Plus Wiggins and Dieng are subpar rebounders.

I've noticed that too. It seems like he's coming in earlier in the first and playing until midway through the 2nd. If his corner 3 ball can keep coming alive, I can see him finishing games at the 4 with KAT playing the 5 in small ball situations
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,290

Post#145 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:19 pm

So any explanation of what the heck happened to this guy? He was completely detremental to the team on offense, taking horrible shots, and missing them. Now its not just that his shots are going in, but he is taking much smarter shots. His corner 3 is just going in as opposed to before now but other areas have improved. He isn't attack as blindly in the paint, he is actually making passes, and shockingly he has one of the better defensive ratings on the team in certain categories.

What has sparked this turn around? Is it just contagion from the rest of the team playing well? Did some coach have a come to Jesus session with him? How did he go from nearly zero bball IQ to looking decent over night?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#146 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#147 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Troy Daniels and something called malcolm delaney are #3 & #4. So yeah, not much of a talker.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#148 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 668

Post#149 » by Movics » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just saw what Benz retweeted. This account has serious potential, I hope whoever runs it won't stop anytime soon.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#150 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Mar 6, 2017 3:53 am

So what kind of contract do you guys see Bazz getting in FA and do you think he stays a Wolf?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Avihs7
Junior
And1: 167

Post#151 » by Avihs7 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 5:04 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:So what kind of contract do you guys see Bazz getting in FA and do you think he stays a Wolf?

Something similar to what Allen Crabbe got (15-18m), some team will offer him something crazy like that and the wolves won't match
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#152 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Mar 6, 2017 10:03 am

I see a big Nets offer in his future.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#153 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Mar 6, 2017 2:29 pm

Avihs7 wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:So what kind of contract do you guys see Bazz getting in FA and do you think he stays a Wolf?

Something similar to what Allen Crabbe got (15-18m), some team will offer him something crazy like that and the wolves won't match

No way. Crabbe was signed for that money because he's potentially much more than a one-dimensional scorer. No smart GM will sign Bazz for more than 12 mil.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,526

Post#154 » by Worm Guts » Mon Mar 6, 2017 2:57 pm

I think Crabbe's contract was mostly due to the increased value of 3 point shooting. Shabazz has had a good year shooting, but doesn't have the history of it that Crabbe does. I don't know that Crabbe offers much else though.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#155 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Mar 6, 2017 4:25 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:I see a big Nets offer in his future.

If Pistons match Nets offer to KCP then it's very possible.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#156 » by shangrila » Tue Mar 7, 2017 12:17 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I think Crabbe's contract was mostly due to the increased value of 3 point shooting. Shabazz has had a good year shooting, but doesn't have the history of it that Crabbe does. I don't know that Crabbe offers much else though.

Isn't Crabbe a decent defender too? I thought that was part of the appeal, that he was a 3 and D guy with some room for growth.

As far as Bazz goes I imagine the Nets and Sixers are the main problems. Going off RealGM's projected capspace there's 7 teams other than us with more than 15mil in capspace (I'll assume that's the starting point for a "big" offer for Bazz). Those teams are Philly, Miami, Brooklyn, Dallas, the Lakers, Boston and Denver. You can rule out Dallas, Boston, Denver and Miami immediately because they've all got SFs already and/or are likely to aim higher. The Lakers probably won't be interested either given they're on the hook for Deng and just drafted Ingram. And even with Brooklyn and Philly as the only two left I imagine both of them will be going hard after both KCP and Porter before looking at Bazz.

So if we come in with a competitive offer, and assuming Bazz is fine with his first guy off the bench role, I'd say we could probably get him quickly for around 10-12mil starting. Maybe something like 4yrs 50mil? The question though is whether he's worth it.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#157 » by andyhop » Tue Mar 7, 2017 12:34 pm

shangrila wrote:Isn't Crabbe a decent defender too? I thought that was part of the appeal, that he was a 3 and D guy with some room for growth.

No he is bad defensively he just hits lots of 3 pointers . Although nowadays being terrible defensively doesn't stop you being called a 3 and D guy so maybe he does qualify for that moniker .
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#158 » by Killboard » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:05 pm

andyhop wrote:
shangrila wrote:Isn't Crabbe a decent defender too? I thought that was part of the appeal, that he was a 3 and D guy with some room for growth.

No he is bad defensively he just hits lots of 3 pointers . Although nowadays being terrible defensively doesn't stop you being called a 3 and D guy so maybe he does qualify for that moniker .

I think he is pretty good team defender, but by any means a defensive stopper. He hasnt the tools to be dominant on that end and never will.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,526

Post#159 » by Worm Guts » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:06 pm

Killboard wrote:
andyhop wrote:

I think he is pretty good team defender, but by any means a defensive stopper. He hasnt the tools to be dominant on that end and never will.

Not that I spend I lot of time watching him play, but he has always had a bad DRPM.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves