Wiggins

I think Bennett
16ppg, 10rpg
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Re: Most Improved Player 

Post#2 » by Note30 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 6:06 pm

LaVine no question. Playing at the 2 is going to make him so much better than last year.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#3 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Aug 5, 2015 7:10 pm

BigBennett2013 wrote:Who will be the most improved on the Wolves:
Bennett
Lavine
Wiggins

I think Bennett
16ppg, 10rpg

he can get those stats in the d-league
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#4 » by alabamawolf » Wed Aug 5, 2015 7:23 pm

hopefully Wiggins because that means he's made the jump to becoming a superstar. I think Lavine is the answer
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#5 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:13 pm

I think is going to be Ricky Rubio.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#6 » by Note30 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:36 pm

mercgold3 wrote:I think is going to be Ricky Rubio.

Isnt there a requirement on the previous season? Player has to play x games in both seasons and improve by x amount?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:55 pm

Bennett, LaVine, Shabazz, and Wiggins should all improve. Who improves the most is tough. LaVine, Shabazz and Bennet will struggle to get significantly more minutes and Wiggins has a much higher baseline. I guess if I had to pick someone it would be LaVine but it will probably end up being someone who gets big minutes due to injury.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#8 » by Krapinsky » Wed Aug 5, 2015 9:48 pm

For the team's sake, I hope it's Ricky, but given that he hasn't practiced much this offseason, my money is on Dieng.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#9 » by breatnach » Wed Aug 5, 2015 11:15 pm

I think LaVine is probably the most likely to see his numbers increase, since his rookie season average is skewed by playing so little to begin the season (and playing PG). As much as I wish it were Bennett, he would have to beat out quite a few players to get enough playing time. For the sheer impact on the team, Rubio would have to avoid freak injuries. If he can improve his shooting as well, that's just the icing on the cake.

Leaguewide, I think Gobert is probably going to take the award. He is going to be a starter the whole year now that Kanter has left and that alone will boost his numbers. If he actually has managed to improve on offense as well, watch out NBA.

I don't think Rookies or Sophomores ever win the MIP award, do they? They are expected to improve as they mature - especially ones that have already won ROY.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#10 » by Mattya » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:02 am

If it weren't for possibly limited minutes because of all the guys on the wings I would say Bazz. As long as he stays healthy he is in for a very strong year. Adding Miller and Bjelica should be huge for a cutter like Bazz. Going into his 3rd year I think he is really going to get some well deserved recognition around the league.

I think Wiggins will play a lot like he did at the end of last year. Hopefully Flip will give him more touches with Martin being healthy. I think with Rubio and Garnett being healthy, adding Towns and some of the other guys he will look much better for the people that only watch "advanced" statistics.

I think Dieng is another one who will look a lot better by the numbers. Adding Garnett and Towns consistently should help with his rim protection and rebounding numbers.

LaVine obviously playing the 2 all year will be huge for him. If he plays close to the end of last years play for most of the year, then we have a lot to look forward to. His outside shooting and fast break scoring will be big for the second unit this year.

*Rubio. Obviously didn't play a lot last year, but he is tailor made for this offense. I think not this year, but next year if he stays healthy the next couple years we will see the improvement in the shooting numbers we have been hoping for. That would be 2 full years working with Penbearthy. I think this year he still might struggle and be inconsistent, but more confident.

I'm not getting into Bennett or Payne anymore.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#11 » by Krapinsky » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:10 am

Krapinsky wrote:For the team's sake, I hope it's Ricky, but given that he hasn't practiced much this offseason, my money is on Dieng.

Bump. :P
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#12 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:26 am

Honestly, nobody really improved enough to be a standout here. Not surprisingly in the least.
GI_Slow
Pro Prospect
And1: 381

Post#13 » by GI_Slow » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:14 am

Still waiting for Bennett to drop 16 & 10
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,915

Post#14 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:17 am

GI_Slow wrote:Still waiting for Bennett to drop 16 & 10

So is Toronto. He hardly has much more than that on the entire season.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#15 » by Saltine » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:24 am

Gorgui, and Zach, have definitely improved.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#16 » by packforfreedom » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:49 am

Bennett is 25/23 this season

in total
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,325

Post#17 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:49 am

I think Dieng's offense has taken a pretty big step forward. I remember people writing him off too saying he was too old and couldn't get better.

Lavine has also improved, no doubt about it.

Shabazz's number have gone down some and he hasn't hit a groove like he did last year but I think his outside jumper is better, he still has to work on it though.

Wiggins is a bit more consistent.

No one has taken a major leap to the next level but pieces of everyone's game has gone up a bit. I think even Rubio has improved on a few areas of his game a bit.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#18 » by Killboard » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:15 pm

In our team? I think dieng and lavine made strides. I had Lavine like a SG so its someway expected to be better playing in his real position and given his little previous experience. That dont made the accomplishment smaller.

Dieng has been incredible good since KG went downs. He is playing all around basketball, and I hope it continues the rest of the year.

Said that, CJ McCollum would be the unanimous candidate around the league. I would mention Isaiah Thomas and Will Barton too, but a little far to contend IMO.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves