Miami Heat vs Minnesota Timberwolves - November 17 (Tues) 7:30PM EST

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Re: Miami Heat vs Minnesota Timberwolves - November 17 (Tues) 7:30PM EST 

Post#381 » by Saltine » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:22 am

Klomp wrote:
Saltine wrote:I can't believe we won shooting %37.. Fun game, except the **** refs. The Heat didn't game plan for Payne ;-)

Best defense in franchise history (if certain players stay healthy)? Seems strange, but it might not be far from the truth.

Maybe...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/status/666837758170677249[/tweet]
:o
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/status/666835284483551233[/tweet]
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#382 » by Feilong » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:27 am

Ricky plays, Wolves win.
Even with a terrible Ricky somehow team wins.
Lavine was awesome, Bazz and Payne( mama mia) were good. Towns - Wiggins very good.
Finally Sam did some coaching. Playing Lavine at SG, fouling Whiteside, benching Bjelly who couldn't hit a shot. Good stuff.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#383 » by Maroko » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:39 am

Good Game and well deserved !
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#384 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:46 am

A season ago, the Timberwolves finished with a total of 7 road wins and didn't win their 5th until Feb. 8.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#385 » by LesGrossman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:25 am

Even better than the win against the Heat and the refs , to me it felt like a breakout game for Wiggins kindof. I dont think i've seen someone react like that to continued no-calls....this skinny kid is really something special.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
tpickles
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#386 » by tpickles » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:55 am

^Yeah. I watched the whole game and I really like the way he kept dunking (sort of) on Whiteside, even if they kinda failed. I love his attitude. And I love how he's angry. When he's angry, this team is a lot better to watch. :nod:
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#387 » by southern wolf » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:02 am

Klomp wrote:A season ago, the Timberwolves finished with a total of 7 road wins and didn't win their 5th until Feb. 8.

A season ago we won nine home games and we haven't won any yet. We're done. Blow it up.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#388 » by southern wolf » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 am

LesGrossman wrote:Even better than the win against the Heat and the refs , to me it felt like a breakout game for Wiggins kindof. I dont think i've seen someone react like that to continued no-calls....this skinny kid is really something special.

Just imagine when he bulks up and is able to grab a few more rebounds. Look out.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#389 » by packforfreedom » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 am

Sam played LaVine alongside Rubio the last couple of minutes. But but....fire Smitch?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#390 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:48 am

packforfreedom wrote:Sam played LaVine alongside Rubio the last couple of minutes. But but....fire Smitch?

Sam outcoached spo in this game; plain and simple. Spo didnt abuse the mismatch on the floor, so sam made him pay.

Lavine was actually the sf out there with rubio and wiggs. Rubio on Dragic and Wiggs on Wade and Lavine on Deng.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#391 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:54 am

Hope Wiggins is in poster mode already
Trust the PRosas!
moski44
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#392 » by moski44 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 am

The game was unusual... 37% FG is very very low but even that we won.
I got to say the last 5 minutes with this line up Rubio/Lavine/Wiggins/KG/KAT... that was amazing, Rubio entered the game when it was tied at 82 and he did everything right although he was visibly slow and not even at 70% physically. He handles the ball perfectly, runs the offense as is has to be run and, the most important thing, ZACH. Zach and Rubio feel good with each other, Zach has clutch and can shoot, is not afraid to do it so he can be a very good scorer with Rubio beside him
And last thing, it doesn't matter how Rubio plays, our team is absolutely diferent with him in the court. Never look at the boxscore if you talk about Ricky Rubio. Yesterday he struggled on shooting, he looked slow but doesn't matter, because Rubio=Winning.
No Rubio=Competitive team but, not enought so far.
I wanna see more of ZACH and RUBIO together.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#393 » by LesGrossman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:14 am

Nitroglycerin wrote:Hope Wiggins is in poster mode already

Wiggins humiliated Whiteside with that monster attempt. Whiteside could just stop him by reaching in with both arms - of course uncalled. Someone should make a gif of that.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#394 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 am

The still picture itself is epic. A classic David and Goliath. Whiteside was on a rampage. Wiggins just said **** this and attacked. It missed (should have been a foul) but Wiggins showed he has a pair of adamantium balls
Trust the PRosas!
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#395 » by Saltine » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:12 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_haV8vZL4[/youtube]
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#396 » by Grits n Gravy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Truly one of the most satisfying and fun wins I can remember. To see all the young guys on the court in the 4th quarter and playing so well was a thing of beauty.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#397 » by C.lupus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Saltine wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_haV8vZL4[/youtube]

The thing I think i like the most about these young guys is they seem to turn it up a notch in crunch time.
Minnesotadrake
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#398 » by Minnesotadrake » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:10 pm

After the first two quarters I was very worried about our play especially with Whiteside killing us. I'm glad our team stuck in there and turned it on in the 4th quarter. Is anyone sick of Dieng like me? Same old post moves, doesn't understand how to effectively use a pump fake and consistently turns it over...
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#399 » by Basti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Just got finished watching the replay. Couldn't find a archived game with Wolves commentary but the Heat crew is pretty damn good, too. They were really complimentary of the Wolves. Also, their play-by-play guy (the one who says "KABOOM" pretty much every time a Heat player hits a three) has a very nice voice. Makes it easy to listen to. Anyway, my thoughts on the game.

Great to see Ricky back and his influence on this team. As it was mentioned a few posts above, he came back with the game being tied and then they pretty much play perfect basketball. It wasn't just Ricky, obviously, but you can feel how the whole squad responds to him being on the floor. Also, although Ricky finished with a horrible FG% his form still looked good and he was unfortunate that two of his attempts rimmed out. Would have made his bad shooting (1/7) into a passable shooting night. But c'est la vie.

Despite Zach's recent scoring improvement I wasn't really happy about him playing. Not a fan of his decision making at all. Which wasn't his fault because he shouldn't be forced to play PG. However, this game I thought he was doing a great job offensively. I can't remember one single offensive possession where I thought he made a bad decision.

Bazz is so great off the bench. Keep him there. Not that I believe he isn't worthy of starting but he's so great at generating offense off the bench that he's just too valuable there.

Belly had quite a trigger happy finger but I liked the majority of the shots. Almost all of them looked like they were within the offense.

Before watching the game I was reading the game thread and expected a horrible game by Gorgui. It wasn't great by any means but I didn't think he was playing horribly either. You could see how intimidated he got by Whiteside, though.

Speaking of which, I absolutely loved Wiggins going at Whiteside in the 4th. And that dunk attempt where Andrew got hit in the eye was just nasty. If he had finished that one... :o Also, despite being so aggressive, his body language was the complete opposite which is something I actually like. I think I prefer players who are calm and collective. Yet, he was trying to get to the rim on many occasions. Absolutely loved it!!!

Great game by the Wolves. Now, how beautiful would it be to finish the Florida road trip with another win? Let's go Wolves! ARRRROOOOO!
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#400 » by theGreatRC » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Have to give credit where it's due. Smitch executed the rotations and gameplan PERFETLY in the 4th.

Payne made some dumb mistakes, but Smitch rolled with him halfway through the fourth and Payne had some great putbacks and buckets to keep us in the game. Bazz was secretly the MVP of the game by keeping it close throughout.

We were up 2 with about 4-5 minutes to go and we foul Whiteside twice to get him out of the game. That's when we started to separate ourselves a little bit (I think we had a 5-7 point lead by the time Hassan came back in)..

Smitch kept Ricky & Lavine in and had Ricky on Wade and Zach on Dragic instead of going back to the Wiggins/Prince lineup.

Lastly, the refs were rewarding the aggressive players, so we had Wiggins attacking the rim relentlessly and he was rewarded.

Not the biggest fan of Smitch, but he did good this game.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves