KAT vs Okafor II: Wolves at Sixers

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: KAT vs Okafor II: Wolves at Sixers 

Post#281 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:16 am

Klomp wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:What a bunch of losers we have over here.

If you think RealGM is just a bunch of losers over here, then why do you keep coming back? No one is forcing you to post here.

I don't think RealGM is just a bunch of losers, i think a lot of Wolves fans over here have a loser menatlity. They are so usted to mediocrity by now.

You are provaly the first on that list, btw.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: KAT vs Okafor II: Wolves at Sixers 

Post#282 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:16 am

mercgold3 wrote:We all agree that Sam is an horrible coach, and We all agree that this is a crucial year.

We all agree that this team is not improving, in fact is regressing.

But hey, Sam took this job in a horrible situacion, he is doing his best.

Well, his best is not enough, he is becoming the worst coach in Wolves history, so let's fire this guy already like Orlando did last year remember ? They are more than Happy with that decision.

What a bunch of losers we have over here.

We aren't even halfway through the season and we are 5 wins away from hitting last years win total. I mean come on. It's not nearly as bad as you feel it is. I think your emotions are getting to you just a little bit my friend.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#283 » by urinesane » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:17 am

Wolf_Cry wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:
Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. If you want to go into the next 2-3 seasons expecting to not make the play offs, best of luck to ya. I always have hope, no matter how bad my favorite sports team are, that at the beginning of the season the play offs are a possibility. And I also stated, that was my initial wish. The past month and a half I just want to see improvement.

When did I say that? The fact that I knew people hoping/wishing/expecting playoffs this year was ridiculous, doesn't mean I'm pleased with a perennial trash team.

I just understand that this sh*t takes time. Wish in one hand and crap in the other and all that...

When is it not ridiculous to hope for the play offs? And I mean hope, not expect. It's all good though. I'm trying to be patience too, but the past month has been so damn ugly I don't even know what to think anymore. The only logical conclusion I come up with is that these guys just aren't very good. See, if they had shown any improvement whatsoever, I would join the wagon that they're just young etc. etc., but naw. I see a bunch of guys out there still clueless as day 1.

Peaks and valleys. Just because they've been terrible this last month doesn't mean they "just aren't very good".

The NBA season is GRUELING, especially for young players, because they aren't used to this many games, this much travel, these high of expectations, and this level of play (against fully developed MEN, not people their same age with less ability than them).

This is a down period. It doesn't mean it will last forever. If you're going to get this low with the lows, you're setting yourself up to be depressed a lot this season. There will be more highs and more lows.

Young NBA teams don't just have a steady rise. There's big ups and bigger downs (most likely).

Also, to answer your question. Next year and the year after that are times when when it won't be ridiculous to hope for playoffs, they may actually have a shot then.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#284 » by urinesane » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:18 am

Calinks wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:We all agree that Sam is an horrible coach, and We all agree that this is a crucial year.

Well, his best is not enough, he is becoming the worst coach in Wolves history, so let's fire this guy already like Orlando did last year remember ? They are more than Happy with that decision.

We aren't even halfway through the season and we are 5 wins away from hitting last years win total. I mean come on. It's not nearly as bad as you feel it is. I think your emotions are getting to you just a little bit my friend.

Me thinks alotta bit.
RocketsHero
Pro Prospect
And1: 121

Post#285 » by RocketsHero » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:19 am

Don't worry Wiggins will most likely become an all star. He is a 20ppg scorer already and he's only 20. He has a good reputation of being a good defender. He will make the all star team multiple times in his career. Will he be a difference maker? Tough to say at this point. Same for Towns and Lavine. The rest of the guys have no shot of becoming an all star.
One Win at a Time
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#286 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:19 am

Calinks wrote:

Come on.

We played 25 players last year, we were with 8 healthy bodys most of the games, how can you compare seasons ?
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#287 » by urinesane » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:22 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Calinks wrote:

Come on.

We played 25 players last year, we were with 8 healthy bodys most of the games, how can you compare seasons ?

How can you not? It'd be ridiculous to forget how awful last year was (and most of the seasons in the last 10 years).

The only reason to do it, is so you can wallow in your own self loathing, acting as if this is now "rock bottom".

Yeah, they aren't as good as what you wanted them to be this year.

Can we move on or should we rage in futility some more?
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#288 » by Note30 » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:23 am

Calinks wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:all this losing is tearing us apart

Every thread is a cat fight. This is probably the most toxic the forums have been in my years being here. Pretty crazy considering the seasons we have had.

Kind of helps that we have the most potential with this squad than any other. But yeesh, you're right. For the most part the threads come down to:

-SAM SUCKS MORE THAN KHAN AND RAMBIS COMBINED / NO HE'S JUST HAVING A BAD TIME
-Rubio sucks he can't shoot
-Gorgui sucks
-LaVine doesn't have BBIQ
-BUT BJELICA doesn't travel, why is he in Mitchell's doghouse
-Wiggins is getting lazy on defense
-Sam sucks for playing Prince and Dieng (unless they play well, then he only kind of sucks)
-WHY IS PRINCE PLAYING SO MUCH (plays 20minutes a game, on 46% FG, better than half our roster)
-I HATE LONG TWOOOOO'S (not me, unless it clogs it up)
-Sam telling KAT "I love you"/ People yelling back "LIAR"
-We got 12 wins by luck!
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#289 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:25 am

Just looked at my Twitter timeline and this was at the top:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ScienceNews/status/684210251286052864[/tweet]

The answer obviously is Sam Mitchell.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#290 » by PharmD » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:26 am

That effort was unacceptable. That can't keep happening.

Rubio clearly disgusted. That "too cool" comment had to be directed at Zach and Wiggins right?
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#291 » by King Malta » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:27 am

Note30 wrote:
Calinks wrote:

Every thread is a cat fight. This is probably the most toxic the forums have been in my years being here. Pretty crazy considering the seasons we have had.

Kind of helps that we have the most potential with this squad than any other. But yeesh, you're right. For the most part the threads come down to:

-Gorgui sucks
-Sam sucks for playing Prince and Dieng (unless they play well, then he only kind of sucks)
-WHY IS PRINCE PLAYING SO MUCH (plays 20minutes a game, on 46% FG, better than half our roster)
-We got 12 wins by luck!

Haha I love this post :lol:
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#292 » by cpfsf » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:27 am

can't wait for SM to be fired. not because i necessarily want him fired for the sake of firing him. just want this discussion to end.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#293 » by Wolf_Cry » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:29 am

urinesane wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:
urinesane wrote:
When did I say that? The fact that I knew people hoping/wishing/expecting playoffs this year was ridiculous, doesn't mean I'm pleased with a perennial trash team.

I just understand that this sh*t takes time. Wish in one hand and crap in the other and all that...

When is it not ridiculous to hope for the play offs? And I mean hope, not expect. It's all good though. I'm trying to be patience too, but the past month has been so damn ugly I don't even know what to think anymore. The only logical conclusion I come up with is that these guys just aren't very good. See, if they had shown any improvement whatsoever, I would join the wagon that they're just young etc. etc., but naw. I see a bunch of guys out there still clueless as day 1.

Peaks and valleys. Just because they've been terrible this last month doesn't mean they "just aren't very good".

The NBA season is GRUELING, especially for young players, because they aren't used to this many games, this much travel, these high of expectations, and this level of play (against fully developed MEN, not people their same age with less ability than them).

This is a down period. It doesn't mean it will last forever. If you're going to get this low with the lows, you're setting yourself up to be depressed a lot this season. There will be more highs and more lows.

Young NBA teams don't just have a steady rise. There's big ups and bigger downs (most likely).

Dude, it's been low for this organization for 7-8 years now. This team in particular, it's been a year and 35 games. And we're still at like, rock bottom low. If we were trending upward maybe I'd be optimistic of some sort :lol: Think about this year and last year as well. What has stood out to you? What has made you go "yeah this team will be great in the future"? I think really the only thing that stood out to me was the 2 ATL game we had this year. But aside from that, it's just purely potential. It's just words that fans and coaches and analyst throw out there that we will be great one day. More than anything, it's Towns and Wiggins that they mean. Sadly Wiggins is showing the past month he may not be who we thought he could be.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#294 » by shangrila » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:31 am

Calinks wrote:

It's getting close for me. I remember some bad times but this? This is just constant. Even the rare wins don't seem to calm much down.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant

Post#295 » by Wolf_Cry » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:32 am

Note30 wrote:
Calinks wrote:

-Gorgui sucks
-We got 12 wins by luck!

I disagree with your first premise, but the rest could be the best post of the year.

You also forgot Payne is the worse basketball player in the world.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#296 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:33 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Calinks wrote:

Come on.

Thats still an improvement. Health is improved, and more guys healthier means more time playing together which means more chemistry.

And even if that team was healthy, they would have been better, but I still don't think they would have been good. I had said this before that season started. That team featured Martin who many here hate and think is a horrible player. A worse Lavine, a worse Wiggins, a Rubio with a season less of Penberthy training.

We will still see some good games out of this team this year, also if Pek does manage to get back and be healthy, he will be a major addition. I think this team still has quite a few wins in it. WE will be bad but you will see improvement, we have seen some already with how we played to start the year. It is a process, it takes times, we will not always look good but we wont always look bad either. There will be games where you would think we are a playoff team. Just hang in there and try not to get too caught up in the ebb and flow. Not even a new coach will make this team this year play like a good team all season.

I really think people put too much of the poor play of Smitch. He deserves some blame as all coaches do but its not majorly his fault. Its the nature of the beast. Smitch had these guys ready to play coming out of camp, even with the tragedy they endured. That admirable. I honestly feel he did a great job in that regard. I don't blame him for not being able to maintain that all season with this young squad.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by Wolf_Cry » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:33 am

PharmD wrote:That effort was unacceptable. That can't keep happening.

Rubio clearly disgusted. That "too cool" comment had to be directed at Zach and Wiggins right?

Can you explain more what he said? Too busy to check out post interviews.
ensiferum
Senior
And1: 231

Post#298 » by ensiferum » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:33 am

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be "mad" if games were being played at 9pm instead of 2am. You stay awake, hoping we get an easy win or at least a win, and I end up watching that. If I'd go to sleep right now I'd have nightmares. :D
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant

Post#299 » by Wolf_Cry » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:35 am

shangrila wrote:
Calinks wrote:

It's getting close for me. I remember some bad times but this? This is just constant. Even the rare wins don't seem to calm much down.

This is what happens an organization has been losing for so dang long, then finally gets a sniff of success early in the season, only to regress back to the stench of old dirty socks.
RocketsHero
Pro Prospect
And1: 121

Post#300 » by RocketsHero » Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:36 am

PharmD wrote:That effort was unacceptable. That can't keep happening.

He probably trying to get traded :wink: maybe? Probably not. The effort just isn't there for a lot of the guys on a nightly basis. The mistakes are not getting corrected. He will probably sunk with the others now.
One Win at a Time

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves