RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: Wolves vs Jazz 

Post#181 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:50 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Yeah bro, Wiggins is never at fault.

You must not have been reading this thread. I called his offensive put horrible and called it the worst game of his career.

Defensively, he was pretty good and moved the ball. He did a good job keeping hayward in check tonight.
He rebounded poorly again and he was way too comfortable deferring to others.

Prince was mostly on Hayward. Hood took it to Wiggins.

Prince played as many if not more with second unit than with wiggs tonight. Wiggs played mostly on hayward. Look at the 4th. Wiggins was on hayward while lavine was on hood.

Wiggs had hood for spurts to start the 1st and 3rd.

Edit. Hood got 8 of his 22 with wiggs not on the floor and 4 on lavine in thd 4th. Im not sure how many of the 10 he got on wiggins though.
RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#182 » by RationalGaze » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:53 am

It appears Zach has evolved into the player the Wolves need from a young player and with the losses piling up I'd say the Wolves draft Dragan Bender at the 4 spot to add consistent spacing and elite defense. Not sure if Dragan is on one of those euro contracts that won't allow him to come over right away, but would still like to see him drafted.
I'm thinking Pelicans will pick up Jamal as they'll like be losing Gordon and Jamal can player the 1 and 2, but he's more 2 for those who haven't watched him.
The effort from the Wolves has been much better.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#183 » by Murphs56 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:55 am

mercgold3 wrote:Back to back rookies of the year.

Yay

Yeah it's pretty much over. KP is great but Towns is a rookie for the record books
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#184 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:51 am

Dieng and Towns combine for 52 points and 27 rebounds and we lose handily. I don't even know how that happens.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#185 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:59 am

Worm Guts wrote:Dieng and Towns combine for 52 points and 27 rebounds and we lose handily. I don't even know how that happens.

Got nothing offensively from 3/5 starters. The bench scored but gave back twice as much on the other end.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#186 » by lobishome » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:00 am

Last 5 min of the third quarter and first 3 of the fourth 2 pts.

2 pts in 8 minutes!!!!!
cthunshammer
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#187 » by cthunshammer » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:44 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:fcking mormons trying to steal our shot clock but it doesn't matter for Zach Attack!!!

good game. -someone from utah that isn't mormon
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#188 » by shangrila » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Dieng and Towns combine for 52 points and 27 rebounds and we lose handily. I don't even know how that happens.

Got nothing offensively from 3/5 starters. The bench scored but gave back twice as much on the other end.

Pretty much. Everyone aside from the Towns/Dieng duo was either terrible offensively, invisible defensively or both.

Got to admit I'm warming up to Dieng a little more now. He and Towns seem to work well together and he's decent on his own too.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#189 » by Dewey » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:18 pm

240 minutes pt

About 100 minutes with poor defenders .... Wiggins, Lavine, Bjelica, Bazz
About 110 minutes got us 2-24 shooting ... Wiggins, Rubio, Bjelica, Prince, Pek (Wiggins= 2/11, 0, 0 :o )
Badly out-rebounded

Selective view, but we just got many players who offer so little if they are not scoring.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#190 » by Killboard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:47 pm

I would like to see Miller in the late third/early fourth rotation.

Miller-Lavine-Bazz could be not as good on defense like Lavine-Bazz-Prince, but at least they have a good playmaker to play half court.
Lavine last games as halftime SG has been very productive, specially shooting with one-two dribbles and running the floor. Prince has too low usage to play with Lavine and Bazz I think. Play him with Ricky is the perfect mix, but Lavine at PG... makes the offense too much predictable.

Monster game from Towns who is the better news we could have this year. The guy is flat out a stud.

27 Dreb%
5.0 BCK%
9.0 Ast%
24 USG%
54 FG%
37 3PT%

Those numbers are sick. If he played 36 MPG he would have MVP type of numbers. Obviously he must grown into his body yet, but if he evolves in a Pick&Pop threat down the road like Love did this guy could be GOAT.

Wiggins in the other hand had a bad game. Sometimes I feel like he isnt buying Smitch system, sometimes he looks gassed but I think is more a mental thing. I will be pacient with Andrew though, too much iso ball will wear you down.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,316

Post#191 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:32 pm

The shooting on this team is such a major flaw. Offense struggles far too frequently. Lots of holes to patch up but I am so happy we got Towns. At the end of the day, that's the most important thing to remember going forward, will very likely got a 20 year old future hall of famer on this team. Wiggins I always have to wonder about how good can he be. Towns, I see it, he's the man.

Minnesota's tradition of having great bigs continues, Towns has a shot of being the best of them all.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves