Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Re: Rubio Thread 8 

Post#781 » by Klomp » Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Saltine wrote:56 is way too young for your mom to pass on... :-(

No kidding! My mom is 55, I can't imagine losing her...
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#782 » by Klomp » Sun May 29, 2016 11:26 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/735479843920314368[/tweet]
This was the same day as his mom passed. I hope he was able to use workouts to take his mind off her passing for awhile.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#783 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Jun 6, 2016 11:23 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15983213/ricky-rubio-next-season-last-minnesota-timberwolves-team-make-playoffs

Next season will be crucial for me. I've been in the NBA for five years, and six years without playoffs would be a long time. At 26, I'd have to start thinking about teams that can get to the playoffs and win in the Finals

Wow this came as a big surprise. I guess Ricky may not be invested in the long term plan, bring on the point guard prospects.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#784 » by MC3 » Mon Jun 6, 2016 11:58 am

It was pretty obvious from the start you are picking pg or pg/sg combo prospect likely
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#785 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Jun 6, 2016 12:50 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15983213/ricky-rubio-next-season-last-minnesota-timberwolves-team-make-playoffs

Next season will be crucial for me. I've been in the NBA for five years, and six years without playoffs would be a long time. At 26, I'd have to start thinking about teams that can get to the playoffs and win in the Finals

Wow this came as a big surprise. I guess Ricky may not be invested in the long term plan, bring on the point guard prospects.

That's some old stuff you dug out. It's a big surprise you didn't see it before. And you're way over dramatizing it.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#786 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Jun 6, 2016 1:12 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15983213/ricky-rubio-next-season-last-minnesota-timberwolves-team-make-playoffs

That's some old stuff you dug out. It's a big surprise you didn't see it before. And you're way over dramatizing it.

It's on ESPN's main page and I hadn't seen that before so yeah I was surprised to see that. How am I over dramatizing it? I understand he is under contract for 3 more years but I don't know why he would say it for all the world to hear if he didn't mean it. I think there's a very good chance we are in the playoffs next year and hopefully some success can change that thought pattern but do you have any reason not to believe him or take him at his word?
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#787 » by Sugarless » Mon Jun 6, 2016 1:19 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

It's on ESPN's main page and I hadn't seen that before so yeah I was surprised to see that. How am I over dramatizing it? I understand he is under contract for 3 more years but I don't know why he would say it for all the world to hear if he didn't mean it. I think there's a very good chance we are in the playoffs next year and hopefully some success can change that thought pattern but do you have any reason not to believe him or take him at his word?

I posted a couple of messages on this -including a word for word translation of his radio interview- when it happened about a month ago, in case you want some context:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1427594&start=700#p46996955
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#788 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Jun 6, 2016 1:21 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

That interview came out a few weeks ago in Spain and was brought up by some posters and was discussed on several wolves boards. The conclusion was it's not a big deal. ESPN is super late on this, I guess they needed some material to fill the page. But as usual some wolves posters will go : "waaaah waaaah he doesn't want to be one of us, let's draft a PG to stick it to him!"
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#789 » by C.lupus » Mon Jun 6, 2016 1:24 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:

ESPN is the one digging up old stuff . It's their "new" story.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#790 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Jun 6, 2016 1:25 pm

Sugarless wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

I posted a couple of messages on this -including a word for word translation of his radio interview- when it happened about a month ago, in case you want some context:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1427594&start=700#p46996955

Thanks wow a month old, my bad - not sure how I missed that.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#791 » by breatnach » Mon Jun 6, 2016 2:25 pm

I think it's fair for a player as competitive as Ricky to question everything. I'd be more worried if he said something like "we're aiming for a Top 2017 draft pick". Hopefully he sees we are headed in the right direction.

He gives every game his 100%, so he deserves to play for a team that will give him 100% in return.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#792 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jun 6, 2016 4:36 pm

breatnach wrote:I think it's fair for a player as competitive as Ricky to question everything. I'd be more worried if he said something like "we're aiming for a Top 2017 draft pick". Hopefully he sees we are headed in the right direction.

He gives every game his 100%, so he deserves to play for a team that will give him 100% in return.

Well put.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#793 » by Klomp » Mon Jun 6, 2016 5:50 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/739876849707298816[/tweet]

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#794 » by kmgarnett21 » Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:39 pm

That doesn't seem like a "Ricky thing" to say. Surely he sees KAT & Towns & LaVine and realizes the future is bright, and he'll be the leader of this group.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 652

Post#795 » by Movics » Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:55 pm

I wish we had two KATs as well :D
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#796 » by Sugarless » Mon Jun 6, 2016 9:20 pm

Klomp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/739876849707298816[/tweet]

You're welcome, Jon.
BamBam9
Junior
And1: 11

Post#797 » by BamBam9 » Mon Jun 6, 2016 9:52 pm

I speak Catalan so the conversation literally is:

They start talking about watching the PO on TV, that is "frustrating" (he says "I have an espina clavada") to see that other players are still playing etc...and then the Journalist start asking:

Journalist: "And the evaluation of the season? Because they have been already 12 years that Minnesota don't play the PO, I don't know if its frustration, failure, if you all(the team) begin the season thinking "this year either" ...How do you face/approach that situation??"

Ricky: "It's tough, mentally its's very tough how year after year the target is not met and you always end up with the hope that next year "yes" (to make the PO) but it starts again(like starting the season and start to losing games etc), but I set a goal when I arrived to Minnesota, they weren't in the PO for 7-8 years and I had the hope to take them to the PO,I still have that hope, and I hope that it will not take long".

Journalist: " How do you approach the new season, what should be the goal, I say it because in addition you have a contract (like you have a long contract) and for what you were saying, you are more concerned about to make the PO with Minnesota, that to find another team to make it (the PO)

Ricky: " Yes, the truth is that this year my goal is to make the PO, then, when the season ends, and if we make it or not, I will start to consider many things, but this year I consider playing just in Minnesota and to play the PO".

Journalist: "Therefore, this season is crucial?".

Ricky: "Crucial".

Journalist: "To decide what?".

Ricky: "Well, it's crucial because the truth is that I have been in the NBA for 5 years, 6 years without PO would be a lot of time without being in the PO and have the experience of playing them, and well...(next year)I will be 26 years and I would have to start thinking about being on a team that can really be in PO and win".

Also, he said that he spoke with Thibodeau, that they shared good thoughts etc...

That's it, sorry if there are grammar mistakes or something xd. Well, my personal opinion knowing Ricky since Joventut days is that he is starting to be impatience, that he is getting older, and that he is not willing to spend 10 seasons in Minnesota with the same story every year, obviously we can say "Work your shoot then etc..." but I think it's more about being in a winning team etc...

I don't think his thoughts are like "If we don't make the PO, I'm gone", he is smart, and if he sees on the court that the team has the potential that we think and expect, he will want to stay.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#798 » by minimus » Tue Jun 7, 2016 1:49 am

Thanks, bro!
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#799 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:01 pm

You got it Ricky

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9/status/741109844204126208[/tweet]
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#800 » by Dewey » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Hoping the Rube can stay healthy ... short-term, we are better with him than without him. Long-term will be up to Thibs. I think these players see a great opportunity to make a playoff push and I hope he can bring in a key FA or two without too much of a shakeup.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves