ImageImageImage

Power forward next to KAT

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

casketball
Senior
And1: 405

Power forward next to KAT 

Post#1 » by casketball » Thu Apr 7, 2016 2:15 pm

Who should play power forward next to KAT?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Re: Power forward next to KAT 

Post#2 » by Nitroglycerin » Thu Apr 7, 2016 2:40 pm

He can play with anyone. He was paired with KG, Pek, BJ, Dieng and Bazz and never skipped a beat.
On defense he can defend the paint against the big guys or shutdown the perimeter. Switching is useless
On offense he can do it all.

As some are saying, probably the best big man you can pair with Towns is another Towns lol
Trust the PRosas!
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#3 » by wildvikeswolves » Thu Apr 7, 2016 2:40 pm

Hopefully we can get our hands on Dragan Bender. Horford would be a good fit to, but $$$$. Other then that I m not sure based on what availble
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#4 » by wildvikeswolves » Thu Apr 7, 2016 2:40 pm

Edit: double post
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#5 » by TaylorTag » Thu Apr 7, 2016 2:41 pm

casketball wrote:Who should play power forward next to KAT?

i think a Draymond Green-like player would be best suited next to KAT (I get that finding a player like Green is a longshot), but I just think that going twin towers in our front court isn't necessarily the best idea.
casketball
Senior

Post#6 » by casketball » Thu Apr 7, 2016 3:04 pm

How about a guy like Marvin Williams?

casketball
Senior

Post#7 » by casketball » Thu Apr 7, 2016 3:04 pm

How about a guy like Marvin Williams?

guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,431

Post#8 » by guest81 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 3:39 pm

How about finding a center and having KAT play PF? Shabazz and Pek for Tyson Chandler?
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#9 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:10 pm

Lakers612 wrote:
casketball wrote:Who should play power forward next to KAT?

i think a Draymond Green-like player would be best suited next to KAT (I get that finding a player like Green is a longshot), but I just think that going twin towers in our front court isn't necessarily the best idea.

This pretty much goes without saying for any team. Outside of Anthony Davis, Green is arguably the best PF in the game right now.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#10 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:23 pm

KAT is a fit with just about anyone. But as long as Rubio and Wiggins are in the starting line up, it makes a lot of sense to try and find the stretch PF variety.

I think you can find a PF that gives you two of the following: shooting, rebounding, defense. It's hard if not near impossible to find a PF that gives you all three of those things like Green does. The question then becomes of those 3 things, which 2 are the most important for this team?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,045

Post#11 » by wablty » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:54 pm

I don't know if you really need to acquire a guy to say "This is it. This is his KAT's sidekick." With his versatility, I think it makes more sense to acquire different types of guys that can function in different situations. They don't need to be stars- Just productive niche players.

That's why I tend to think the Wolves should probably trade down with their pick if they stay at 5/6 and are not making a play at an established player with it. I think trying to acquire 2 mid picks helps the team more in that you can start targeting roles. Taurean Prince is a 6'7", 220ish 3 and D SF that can play small 4 and has already in college. Also a very aggressive rebounder. He's probably available in the mid to late 1st still. If you can move back and still end up with Rabb as a 4/5 rebounder/defender and Prince as a 3/4 shooter/defender, I think you're better off than trying to find one guy to be all things. The 4's that can score, defend at a high level and rebound are called All Stars.

I also think it's worth it to see what Bjelica looks like once he's no longer a foul machine. That took Pek about a year and a half. Either way I think new acquisitions should almost unilaterally err to the side of defense.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#12 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 5:54 pm

I think Wolves need a athletic bruiser of a rebounder. One who plays solid man defense with quality of help D being a bonus. Towns is a stretch 5. But I would like to see him have a PF who can match up against others team most physical 4 or 5...he gets the left overs.

As for the PF shooting/scoring, it would be a 15 foot in work in progress, with touch developing over the years. But he would be athletic enough to hammer down Rubio lobs and thunder slam backs.

I think of Ibaka, but I want a younger version with a little more nasty and beast to his game who gets more boards.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,589

Post#13 » by jpatrick » Thu Apr 7, 2016 6:09 pm

I think it has to be a stretch 4 type. Wiggins, Rubio, and even KAT to some extent are best when they have room to drive. That's difficult with a non-shooting PF along with Rubio. We saw how well we played at GS when we played 4 shooters with KAT (Baz at PF that night).

Also, in a perfect world the PF would be able to switch with KAT on D, not need the ball on O as we have enough guys that should have the ball in their hands, and have a high BBIQ.

In a perfect world, we get Bender, he is the closest to a perfect fit. If not him, I'm not sure who else we look at. I don't see Horford coming here.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#14 » by urinesane » Thu Apr 7, 2016 6:33 pm

I like what Gorgui has been doing, but I think Belly if playing his game, is a great fit next to KAT.
SkyhookinUrMom
Junior
And1: 351

Post#15 » by SkyhookinUrMom » Thu Apr 7, 2016 6:45 pm

urinesane wrote:I like what Gorgui has been doing, but I think Belly if playing his game, is a great fit next to KAT.

+1

Bjellica is a GREAT fit with Towns
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#16 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 6:55 pm

jpatrick wrote:I think it has to be a stretch 4 type. Wiggins, Rubio, and even KAT to some extent are best when they have room to drive. That's difficult with a non-shooting PF along with Rubio. We saw how well we played at GS when we played 4 shooters with KAT (Baz at PF that night).

Also, in a perfect world the PF would be able to switch with KAT on D, not need the ball on O as we have enough guys that should have the ball in their hands, and have a high BBIQ.

In a perfect world, we get Bender, he is the closest to a perfect fit. If not him, I'm not sure who else we look at. I don't see Horford coming here.

Saric is also a fit. You can find pluses and minuses for both next to Towns.

#5 to Philly for Saric and Heat 1st owed.

Philly can draft Dunn or Murray at 5.

C: Towns/Dieng
F: Saric/Bjelica
F: Wiggins/Bazz
G: LaVine/Wiggins/Heat 1st being BPA ideally bench shooter
G: Rubio/Jones
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#17 » by C.lupus » Thu Apr 7, 2016 7:34 pm

Krapinsky wrote:KAT is a fit with just about anyone. But as long as Rubio and Wiggins are in the starting line up, it makes a lot of sense to try and find the stretch PF variety.

I think you can find a PF that gives you two of the following: shooting, rebounding, defense. It's hard if not near impossible to find a PF that gives you all three of those things like Green does. The question then becomes of those 3 things, which 2 are the most important for this team?

Personally, I'd rate defense and rebounding as the higher priorities. Scoring is not this team's problem, defense is. And I expect Wiggins' outside shot to improve, too.

I can certainly understand the argument for the stretch 4, though.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#18 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Apr 7, 2016 7:41 pm

I like Sabonis and Brice Johnson because they can help on defense and on the glass and both have gotten their FT% in the high 70s so it gives me some solid hope for their jump shot potential
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#19 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Apr 7, 2016 7:49 pm

Wolves pick for Kelly Olynyk and the 2018 Brooklyn pick - Boston gets a top pick right now and Wolves get a sweet shooting PF in Olynyk and the risk/reward of the 2018 pick.
RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#20 » by RationalGaze » Thu Apr 7, 2016 8:36 pm

Dragan Bender, Ivan Rabb, and Deyonta Davis are the guys to be looking at for the Power Forward position. I'm never against drafting the potential that Davis has so I wouldn't be upset as a Wolves fan, but I wouldn't want to see Towns moved to the power spot in exchange for a center. With Dragan and Davis you can rotate them with Towns so there's more value in them.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves