Frontcourt partner for Towns

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Re: Frontcourt partner for Towns 

Post#61 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Jun 4, 2016 8:46 pm

Question, if say Boogie or Davis became available would you guys be okay if the Wolves offered something around Wiggins and Lavine for them?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
MitchInMinny
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#62 » by MitchInMinny » Sat Jun 4, 2016 8:48 pm

Horford.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#63 » by wablty » Sat Jun 4, 2016 9:04 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:Question, if say Boogie or Davis became available would you guys be okay if the Wolves offered something around Wiggins and Lavine for them?

Not Cousins. Davis I'd have to think long and hard about and my initial impulse is "Yes, just get the best players."

But another part of me then thinks this is a guard driven league and you'd have just sold off the best perimeter talent this franchise has ever had for a guy that's starting to look a bit fragile. He's never played 70 games in a season.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#64 » by Mattya » Sat Jun 4, 2016 9:22 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:Question, if say Boogie or Davis became available would you guys be okay if the Wolves offered something around Wiggins and Lavine for them?

I would only offer Wiggins and LaVine for Davis. Wouldn't offer either for Cousins.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,963

Post#65 » by Domejandro » Sat Jun 4, 2016 9:45 pm

wablty wrote:

Not Cousins. Davis I'd have to think long and hard about and my initial impulse is "Yes, just get the best players."

But another part of me then thinks this is a guard driven league and you'd have just sold off the best perimeter talent this franchise has ever had for a guy that's starting to look a bit fragile. He's never played 70 games in a season.

I would do it instantly, he is fragile, but the idea of Anthony Davis next to Karl-Anthony Towns (especially with Ricky Rubio) is absolutely insane.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#66 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Jun 4, 2016 9:48 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:D-Mo, Ersan, Teletovic, Faried, Jeff Green (small ball 4), Mirotic, Gallo, in a dream we could give away everything and the kitchen sink and pair KAT with AD and have no points scored on us inside the three point line ever, Covington, Parson, Barnes, and I think that's about it for me.

LOL
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#67 » by YourBuddy » Sat Jun 4, 2016 9:55 pm

Also makes signing free agents much easier when you can say "come play basketball with KAT, AD, and Ricky and be coached by Thibs."
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#68 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Jun 4, 2016 9:59 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:D-Mo, Ersan, Teletovic, Faried, Jeff Green (small ball 4), Mirotic, Gallo, in a dream we could give away everything and the kitchen sink and pair KAT with AD and have no points scored on us inside the three point line ever, Covington, Parson, Barnes, and I think that's about it for me.

LOL

I don't post on the wolves forum and I'm a Lakers fan, but I'm from Minnesota and the Wolves have always been my 1b team (Lakers obviously being my 1a team) and no, I'm not saying that just because there's an amazing future ahead, I was around for the KG days, the Al Jeff days, the K-Love days, and so on. Don't be rude and try to mock people on the internet, I'd hope your more mature than that.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#69 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Jun 4, 2016 10:40 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

LOL

I don't post on the wolves forum and I'm a Lakers fan, but I'm from Minnesota and the Wolves have always been my 1b team (Lakers obviously being my 1a team) and no, I'm not saying that just because there's an amazing future ahead, I was around for the KG days, the Al Jeff days, the K-Love days, and so on. Don't be rude and try to mock people on the internet, I'd hope your more mature than that.

So you're LA fan from Minny? Basically the worst kind. Yeah, I don't have much respect for people like you.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#70 » by C.lupus » Sat Jun 4, 2016 10:52 pm

There's no need for that.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#71 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Jun 4, 2016 10:57 pm

C.lupus wrote:There's no need for that.

Sorry about that, don't know what homeboy's problem is but I'm just going to ignore him for now.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#72 » by Domejandro » Sat Jun 4, 2016 11:03 pm

YourBuddy wrote:Also makes signing free agents much easier when you can say "come play basketball with KAT, AD, and Ricky and be coached by Thibs."

We might as well just sign Kevin Durant at that point, I mean why not? :lol: I would add #5 to dump Pek and Payne to open up cap-space.

Ricky Rubio / Tyus Jones
Shabazz Muhammad / Grilled Cheese / Captain Kirk
Kevin Durant / Tay-Money / Baked Potato
Anthony Davis / Nemanja Bjelica
Karl-Anthony Towns / Gorgui Dieng

Minnesota would win like ten championships in a row, haha.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#73 » by Domejandro » Sat Jun 4, 2016 11:05 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
LOL

So you're LA fan from Minny? Basically the worst kind. Yeah, I don't have much respect for people like you.

How dare he be a casual fan? Ban him from the forum immediately, we cannot stand for a free-lancer to grace our holy forum!
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#74 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Jun 4, 2016 11:23 pm

Domejandro wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

How dare he be a casual fan? Ban him from the forum immediately, we cannot stand for a free-lancer to grace our holy forum!

He can free-lance all he wants. Calling himself a long time wolves fan when his ass was never seem on this forum since his join date 3 years ago is a little out of line.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#75 » by wablty » Sat Jun 4, 2016 11:28 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
LOL

One of my best friends is a die hard Laker fan from MN, but it predates the Wolves existence. There are lots of people that stayed Laker fans or their parents were Laker fans and they adopted it.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#76 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Jun 5, 2016 7:38 am

Iif it helps I've actually been on the Wolves forum more than the Lakers one. I usually stick to the general and trade forum though. But back on topic...
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,012

Post#77 » by vxmike » Mon Jun 6, 2016 2:21 am

A guy like Taj Gibson at a good price. You can't have five guys who need the ball and make big $$. Get Taj and let him start for a couple years while you groom a young big to take over. Taj will still be a very valuable vet leader off the bench when the Wolves are ready to contend.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#78 » by GopherIt! » Mon Jun 6, 2016 5:53 am

Domejandro wrote:
YourBuddy wrote:Also makes signing free agents much easier when you can say "come play basketball with KAT, AD, and Ricky and be coached by Thibs."

We might as well just sign Kevin Durant at that point, I mean why not? :lol: I would add #5 to dump Pek and Payne to open up cap-space.

Ricky Rubio / Tyus Jones
Shabazz Muhammad / Grilled Cheese / Captain Kirk
Kevin Durant / Tay-Money / Baked Potato
Anthony Davis / Nemanja Bjelica
Karl-Anthony Towns / Gorgui Dieng

Minnesota would win like ten championships in a row, haha.

i would sign Tomato Soup for the MLE. Would make Grilled Cheese much more effective.
zauchary
Junior
And1: 28

Post#79 » by zauchary » Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:20 pm

Theoretically Bender would be a perfect fit next to Towns and for this team. If he can truly shoot, pass, has handles, and cut to the basket. Hope he falls, but I can't imagine Celtics and Suns wouldn't snag him if he's the real deal.

I'd rather just roll with the guys we got then do an overpay for any of the guys mentioned.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves