Timberwolves schedule released

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,331

Timberwolves schedule released 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:49 am

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/fans/download-timberwolves-schedule-and-sync-your-calendars

Shockingly we have gotten out first ever Christmas day game against the Thunder!

Open on the 26th against the Grizzlies.

7 of our last 10 games are at home giving us a good edge to get last minute wins for a playoff push.

Looks like Towns and Thibs have really raised our profile. How man National game could we have? We have 4 Thurdsay games which a couple of them could be TNT games.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Re: Timberwolves schedule released 

Post#2 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:54 am

Wow they just said on NBATV starting Jan 23rd there will be TNT Monday games so that opens things up

Update. We have doubled the national games from last year!

The Wolves 82-game regular season schedule is highlighted by the team’s first-ever Christmas Day game in which they will travel to Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder on ESPN at 7 p.m. Minnesota will appear on national television 19 times this season, including four times on TNT, six on ESPN and nine on NBA TV: Nov. 17 vs. Philadelphia on TNT, Nov. 23 at New Orleans on ESPN, Dec. 8 at Toronto on TNT, Dec. 13 at Chicago on ESPN, Dec. 25 at Oklahoma City on ESPN, Jan. 19 at L.A. Clippers on TNT, Feb. 1 at Cleveland on ESPN, Feb. 24 vs. Dallas on ESPN, March 21 vs. San Antonio on ESPN and April 6 at Portland on TNT.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:12 am

And in other great news: The Wolves are tied for the fewest amount of b2b games at 14 games. On top of that there won't a grueling 4 games in 5 nights thing. The longest road trip is at 6 games, I think, which is okay.

All in all it sounds like this year the schedule is rather favorable.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#4 » by Sugarless » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:01 pm

It's a great schedule to start the season. The first few weeks are filled with winnable games, and finishing the year with so many games at home should help finish with a high note as well.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#5 » by breatnach » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Only 2 games tipping off before Midnight CET.

Nov 5th against OKC (Saturday 11pm) and Jan 15th against Dallas (Sunday 10pm).

Goodbye, sleep. I'll miss you :(
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,178

Post#6 » by Tukkerwolf » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:00 pm

breatnach wrote:Only 2 games tipping off before Midnight CET.

Yeah, horrible schedule for Europeans this season.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Post#7 » by Minnesota Power » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Going to try and totally make the home opener against Memphis!!!

And a Christmas game!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#8 » by Mattya » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:52 pm

The low # of back to back games means better ways to rest KG if he returns
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#9 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:05 pm

On NBA TV they were talking about how the schedule makers made it a lot easier for players to get breaks so coaches shouldn't feel forced to sit players out nearly as much as they have been. Fans want to see the star players play.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#10 » by Foye » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Tukkerwolf wrote:
breatnach wrote:Only 2 games tipping off before Midnight CET.

Yeah, horrible schedule for Europeans this season.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#11 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:07 am

Love the opening schedule as it appears reasonably light so hopefully we can come out of the gates and get some early wins and momentum.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#12 » by FinnTheHuman » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:23 am

Basti wrote:And in other great news: The Wolves are tied for the fewest amount of b2b games at 14 games. On top of that there won't a grueling 4 games in 5 nights thing. The longest road trip is at 6 games, I think, which is okay.

The schedule is favorable, but considering the fact that every season we have by far the most miles traveled out of all teams because of the part of the country we're in and because we are in a conference we geographically don't belong to, this doesn't do much more than compensate for that flaw in the system this season, so overall I wouldn't call our position favorable in that rest/freshness aspect, but rather fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if this schedule required some lobbying from Taylor, because he has finally had a good reason to pull some strings. The reason of course being us having a roster with a seemingly bright future.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#13 » by breatnach » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:45 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
The schedule is favorable, but considering the fact that every season we have by far the most miles traveled out of all teams because of the part of the country we're in and because we are in a conference we geographically don't belong to

This actually isn't the case. Of course our Division is pretty unfavourable and we'd be travelling a lot less if we slipped into the Central division, but we were only 3rd in miles traveled last year.

GSW was first in miles traveled and they played a historic season.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#14 » by LordBaldric » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:57 am

Wow. It's very cool that we have a X-Mas game!
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Basti » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:59 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Basti wrote:And in other great news: The Wolves are tied for the fewest amount of b2b games at 14 games. On top of that there won't a grueling 4 games in 5 nights thing. The longest road trip is at 6 games, I think, which is okay.

The schedule is favorable, but considering the fact that every season we have by far the most miles traveled out of all teams because of the part of the country we're in and because we are in a conference we geographically don't belong to, this doesn't do much more than compensate for that flaw in the system this season, so overall I wouldn't call our position favorable in that rest/freshness aspect, but rather fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if this schedule required some lobbying from Taylor, because he has finally had a good reason to pull some strings. The reason of course being us having a roster with a seemingly bright future.

This is not 100% true. Apparently, the Wolves are "only" on 3rd place this season in total distance traveled. The Warriors are number one, followed by the Blazers (I think).

Edit: this is my source viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1471576&start=20#p48994176
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#16 » by FinnTheHuman » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 am

Basti wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

This is not 100% true. Apparently, the Wolves are "only" on 3rd place this season in total distance traveled. The Warriors are number one, followed by the Blazers (I think).

Well then, this season was an outlier. I am sure that we were 1st in the 2014/2015 season (source http://waynewinston.com/wordpress/?p=1631) and I am pretty sure it's usually us who have the most distance traveled, at least that's what I remember reading on the forums every year.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Basti » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:18 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Basti wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

Well then, this season was an outlier. I am sure that we were 1st in the 2014/2015 season (source http://waynewinston.com/wordpress/?p=1631) and I am pretty sure it's usually us who have the most distance traveled, at least that's what I remember reading on the forums every year.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that I disagreed with your general argument that the Wolves are among the league leaders in distance traveled. Just wanted to clarify that what used to be the case is technically speaking no longer the case.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves