ImageImageImage

Free Agents: 2017 and beyond

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

PuppyBite
Freshman
And1: 6

Re: Free Agents: 2017 and beyond 

Post#101 » by PuppyBite » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:11 am

Andrew Bogut would be a great veteran influence. What does Dallas need him for? Great for playoff push or a tryout to sign him for a couple more seasons. It seems installing the system takes precedence over change for change sake. Most of the roster is still in the development stage of their careers.
trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Post#102 » by trevor0333 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:53 pm

I really like the idea of JaMychal Green on this roster. What kind of deal would it take to keep Memphis from matching?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#103 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Thibs is going to max out Taj Gibson.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#104 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Thibs is going to max out Taj Gibson.

False
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 649

Post#105 » by Movics » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:00 am

Would you guys go after Ilyasova as an addition to our bench? Basically an ugraded Blejica when it comes to shooting and rebounding. I don't see a better big man on the market besides Griffin and Millsap who would also consider joining us.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#106 » by Mattya » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm interested to see how teams approach the salary cap this summer when it comes to a lot of the free agents we have discussed here.

-The Raptors have a lot of free agents to resign this summer. Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson, Serge Ibaka, and P.J. Tucker all need to be resigned. I would guess the are going to resign Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka and then either Patrick Patterson or P.J. Tucker. I see no way they can keep them all.

-The Thunder are in a similar spot with Taj Gibson and Andre Roberson. They were rumored to be looking at trades for Andre Roberson, so maybe that is a sign that they don't intend to match offers for him or that it wouldn't take much for a sign and trade.

-Nikola Mirotic doesn't seem to be a priority for the Bulls.

-Cleveland is already way up there in salaries and still needs to resign Korver.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#107 » by breatnach » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:04 pm

What are your thoughts on Otto Porter? He seems like he'd fit nicely at the 3 next to either Wiggins/LaVine playing the 2.

There's a thread on the GB, where a lot of people think Washington would not match a near-max offer. Seeings how we'll have plenty of cap space and our only big non-rookie contract (Rubio) will expire before Towns kicks in, I wouldn't mind throwing some money at him.

If you had two scorers in Towns and Wiggins/LaVine (I think one will need to be traded) and then a 3&D stud like Porter you could probably round out the lineup with nearly any kind of PG (like Rubio) and a defensive PF (perhaps even Dieng?) and make some noise.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Free Agents: 2017 and beyond 

Post#108 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:13 pm

breatnach wrote:What are your thoughts on Otto Porter? He seems like he'd fit nicely at the 3 next to either Wiggins/LaVine playing the 2.

There's a thread on the GB, where a lot of people think Washington would not match a near-max offer. Seeings how we'll have plenty of cap space and our only big non-rookie contract (Rubio) will expire before Towns kicks in, I wouldn't mind throwing some money at him.

If you had two scorers in Towns and Wiggins/LaVine (I think one will need to be traded) and then a 3&D stud like Porter you could probably round out the lineup with nearly any kind of PG (like Rubio) and a defensive PF (perhaps even Dieng?) and make some noise.

He would be perfect for this team, probably top-3 between 3&D guys in this league.

But there is no way the Wizards don't give him the max.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#109 » by fattymcgee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:21 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
breatnach wrote:What are your thoughts on Otto Porter? He seems like he'd fit nicely at the 3 next to either Wiggins/LaVine playing the 2.

He would be perfect for this team, probably top-3 between 3&D guys in this league.

If he is just a 3&D guy, why would anyone give him the max?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#110 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Porter is getting the max. While we are at it, kcp will also get the max.

3 and D wings aren't easy to find.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#111 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:17 pm

If Washington isn't matching a max offer for Otto Porter we better be all over that. I bet they will though.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#112 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:17 pm

fattymcgee wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

If he is just a 3&D guy, why would anyone give him the max?

Those types of players are very rare.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#113 » by Krapinsky » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Porter is getting the max. While we are at it, kcp will also get the max.

3 and D wings aren't easy to find.

I don't think either of those guys will get the max. We'll see.

That's precisely how you become a treadmill team.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#114 » by LordBaldric » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:33 pm

Handing out max contracts to the Otto Porters of the world isn't the way to become a contender.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#115 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 pm

A small forward not near his prime averaging 45% from outside the arc, with a 63% eFG, rebounds and defends isn't worth the max?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Mattya wrote:A small forward not near his prime averaging 45% from outside the arc, with a 63% eFG, rebounds and defends isn't worth the max?

Sure, if you think his league-leading 129 ORtg is sustainable, by all means....
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Mattya
RealGM

Post#117 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Klomp wrote:
Mattya wrote:A small forward not near his prime averaging 45% from outside the arc, with a 63% eFG, rebounds and defends isn't worth the max?

Sure, if you think his league-leading 129 ORtg is sustainable, by all means....

He doesn't have to have a ORtg that high to be worth a max contract.

Career 40% outside shooter. 45% this season in 57 games on a good amount of attempts. Improved his accuracy inside the arc as well.

For the people ready to give Zach LaVine 20+ million per season. I'm confused as to why Otto Porter wouldn't also get them same if not more.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Mattya wrote:For the people ready to give Zach LaVine 20+ million per season. I'm confused as to why Otto Porter wouldn't also get them same if not more.

Because we already have Zach LaVine and Otto Porter would be a fourth max/near-max contract in the next two years.

Mattya
RealGM

Post#119 » by Mattya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Klomp wrote:
Mattya wrote:For the people ready to give Zach LaVine 20+ million per season. I'm confused as to why Otto Porter wouldn't also get them same if not more.

Because we already have Zach LaVine and Otto Porter would be a fourth max/near-max contract in the next two years.

Obviously you wouldn't be keeping them all.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#120 » by Krapinsky » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:25 pm

I would say that would be like the Orlando Magic handing Rashard Lewis the max.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves