ImageImageImage

Time to bounce back VS Boston Celtics

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Veselyfan
Sophomore
And1: 107

Re: Time to bounce back VS Boston Celtics 

Post#181 » by Veselyfan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:36 am

Bjelica would have scored 20+ points if Thibs gave him more minutes last night. Its incredible what he is doing to some players.

The Timberwovles will always be a losing team with Zach Lavine as a starter and playing almost 40 minutes. He is not a good player if you want team success..
blazeyo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#182 » by blazeyo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:56 am

Should have gone with Blatt
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#183 » by minimus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:02 am

I'd close game threads after losses, so many overreactions, but no positive details.
Tensten
Junior
And1: 97

Post#184 » by Tensten » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:20 am

Every Wolves game you need hold breath when we are leading like which period we will struggle. Once we managed to play decent 3rd period it was obviously time for 4th. Then we get beaten by bench guys only because we can't **** organize in defense and let shoot wide open 3 pointers. They went on high and our team looked like lost puppies. Dieng, Lavine and Wiggins were white faced, KAT is playa but tries too hard to do all himself and Rubio can't control every other player actions. Thibs rotation wasn't best too. We had this game in bag. Rubio did great job on frustating Isiah, their main scorer. That bitch was complaining all game. There wasn't way to lose this game, but timbertrolls still managed it. :banghead:

This hole is getting too big to climb out.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#185 » by breatnach » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Damn, looks like a rough game.

I know you can't blame everything on the coach, but mental breakdowns happen to be one of those things a coach can influence. Alternatively you need to sign some vets (much like we did last year with Miller, Prince)
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#186 » by Tirion » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:27 pm

minimus wrote:I'd close game threads after losses, so many overreactions, but no positive details.

So much this. Seriously. Very little actual discussion going on, everybody just looking for scapegoats.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#187 » by Mattya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:33 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Note30 wrote:Wiggins and LaVine, one of the two need to step up. And tbh if we can't make anything inside, LaVine should take over. He's much more able to create his own shot from the outside. Either that or Towns needs to start demanding the ball more. 5/18 and 4/12 from our future stars is not a winning label.

Ricky needs to step up and play the slow game. Last year when it came to end game situations it seemed like Ricky knew exactly where the ball needed to go, but this year it seems like he just defers the ball at the beginning of the play.

This sucks cause we were playing way better at the end of last year than we are this year. I don't get why Thibs couldn't just pickup where Mitchell left off. Or atleast keep Smitch as an associate coach to keep the chemistry we built.

We look like we lost all the steam we were building.

Do you think it's what he wants to do and coaching has nothing to do with it? :banghead:

Rubio has been just as guilty in the collapses as everyone else.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#188 » by Killboard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Mattya wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Note30 wrote:Wiggins and LaVine, one of the two need to step up. And tbh if we can't make anything inside, LaVine should take over. He's much more able to create his own shot from the outside. Either that or Towns needs to start demanding the ball more. 5/18 and 4/12 from our future stars is not a winning label.

Ricky needs to step up and play the slow game. Last year when it came to end game situations it seemed like Ricky knew exactly where the ball needed to go, but this year it seems like he just defers the ball at the beginning of the play.

This sucks cause we were playing way better at the end of last year than we are this year. I don't get why Thibs couldn't just pickup where Mitchell left off. Or atleast keep Smitch as an associate coach to keep the chemistry we built.

We look like we lost all the steam we were building.

Do you think it's what he wants to do and coaching has nothing to do with it? :banghead:

He was guilty of being park in the corner and get out of the **** way.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#189 » by Mattya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Killboard wrote:
Mattya wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

He was guilty of being park in the corner and get out of the **** way.

I mean if you want to ignore the games with sloppy turnovers as well.

Some people will never criticize Rubio no matter what.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#190 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:28 pm

So do you like the new strategy of him sitting in the corner and watching Wiggins getting sloppy with his so much improved handles? Because that what Thibs thinks is good idea. Maybe it's a good one long term but we need to prepare to take a lot of Ls in the near future.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#191 » by Killboard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Thibs want to win with the youngs making plays or die trying (read it pick top5 again) in the roughest stretch of games.

People was afraid of Coach Thibs running out of patience and forcing GM Thibs to trade away the youngsters to try to win right away.
Im afraid what is happening is the complete opposite. I think our offseason plans were pretty indicative of this same rationale.

GM thibs force Coach thibs to develop talent, no matter what. He wants to win with point Wiggins, not matter how bad his night is, no matter how good other players play.

There is currently two players who can make consistently plays for others. One of them didnt play last night. The other had 9 assists and 0 TO. In a 21-3 run with the game on the line, we parked him in the corner and hoped to what wasnt working for 3 quarters started to work better down the stretch.

This is finnese tanking. Time to hit draftexpress.com.
funfactor
Junior
And1: 76

Post#192 » by funfactor » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Rubio is one of the many to blame, no doubt, the entire group seem to be afraid in the forth. Hard to teach character to a group of youngsters I supposed.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#193 » by Mattya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:38 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:So you do you like the new strategy of him sitting in the corner and watching Wiggins getting sloppy with his so much improved handles? Because that what Thibs thinks is good idea. Maybe it's a good one long term but we need to prepare to take a lot of Ls in the near future.

We have been taking Ls even when Rubio had the ball in his hands this year.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#194 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Mattya wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:So you do you like the new strategy of him sitting in the corner and watching Wiggins getting sloppy with his so much improved handles? Because that what Thibs thinks is good idea. Maybe it's a good one long term but we need to prepare to take a lot of Ls in the near future.

you didn't answer the question. Like it or not?
Mattya
RealGM

Post#195 » by Mattya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:44 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Sure why not? The offense has been just as good despite Rubio running less plays.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#196 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Mattya wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Sure why not? The offense has been just as good despite Rubio running less plays.

Good enough for me.

I disagree but I know you have had different opinions from mine.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#197 » by C.lupus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Killboard
Analyst

Post#198 » by Killboard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Mattya wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Mattya wrote:

NOT IN THE MELTDOWNS. Remeber any resemblance of those the last year? I remember ONE: away against Atlanta.

As unstoppable as they are when they are hot, the offense is too much predictable with Wiggins and Lavine running plays. It can work for stretches, but when teams are good or care enough to send double teams in a organized manner, its over.

And our schedule was soft. Lets look the numbers after the next 10 games.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#199 » by Mattya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Killboard wrote:
Mattya wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

NOT IN THE MELTDOWNS. Remeber any resemblance of those the last year? I remember ONE: away against Atlanta.

As unstoppable as they are when they are hot, the offense is too much predictable with Wiggins and Lavine running plays. It can work for stretches, but when teams are good or care enough its over.

And our start was soft. Lets look the numbers after the next 10 games.

Rubio has absolutely been turning it over or making terrible passes that lead to turnovers during these meltdowns.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#200 » by Killboard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Mattya wrote:
Killboard wrote:
Mattya wrote:

As unstoppable as they are when they are hot, the offense is too much predictable with Wiggins and Lavine running plays. It can work for stretches, but when teams are good or care enough its over.

And our start was soft. Lets look the numbers after the next 10 games.

Rubio has absolutely been turning it over or making terrible passes that lead to turnovers during these meltdowns.

9 Ast 0 TO yesterday in 3 quarterswhen we let him run a lot of P&R with G, KAT (including the last minutes of the 2nd where we build the lead) . But he is a terrible playmaker when parked in the corner by a whole quarter. He still had 0 TO after the meltdown.

But my point was, this type of offense, with Rubio in the corner, I dont care how explosive the offense is, they cant get points when they need it most.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves