ImageImageImage

Positive things

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Positive things 

Post#1 » by minimus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:33 am

I have not found similar thread. So I want to start a new one. The purpose is to identify positive things that might be not be discerned in the flow of negative comments.

1) Dieng hustles, set screens, battle under rim for offensive rebounds. Maybe somebody can find stats that confirms this. He also passes well. His contract looks better and better. Because he has been contributing every game even if he doesnt get many touches or shoot opportunities.
2) I like Wiggins trying to play more with ball in his hands. It is not working everytime, but a few games he showed that he is more than capable to act like 1st option in offense in clutch
3) I like those solid screens and handoff assist to Wiggins and LaVine on top of 3pt line. For example, It resulted into two made 3pt vs Jazz
4) Dunn can be an exceptional defender for Thibs. He hustles, battle through screens.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Re: Positive things 

Post#2 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:39 am

Dieng made sacrifices and took a step back for them. Too bad we dont see Diengwitzki more. Yet people are still calling for his head
Trust the PRosas!
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#3 » by packforfreedom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:54 pm

damn is it already time for the yearly positivity thread?

despite playing rather bad basketball, the team is competetive for the most time.
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#4 » by Piecake » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:28 pm

The only games that I felt the other team was simply flat out better than us was when we played the Clippers and the Warriors.

I take take that as a positive because the other games were lost because we either shot ourselves in the foot or shot poorly. We will eventually remedy the former and the latter will also decrease as our young players improve their shooting and learn to take better and more efficient shots, and not do some stupid dribble jab step fadeaway 3 pointer (I'm looking at you Towns)
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#5 » by Feilong » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Only positive so far is that we didn't have any serious injuries. Can't think of anything else :/
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#6 » by TheProdigy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Tyus Stones has been a positive. Still waiting on Thibs to give him consistent minutes as first point guard off the bench though. Dunn should be taking sg minutes.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#7 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Bjelica SF discovery. Thibs, sir, please.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#8 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:11 pm

At first Wiggins 3pt shot was a positive, and even that looks like just a mirage now. Can't come up with anything else. Maybe Jones but the sample size it too small.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,936

Post#9 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:28 pm

The season is only 20.7% complete. A lot more basketball to be played!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#10 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Klomp wrote:The season is only 20.7% complete. A lot more basketball to be played!

you have a very punchable avatar :evil:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,331

Post#11 » by Calinks » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Defense is improved over last season though not by much.

No major injuries is really great

We have strung together a couple decent third quarters.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#12 » by andyhop » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:22 am

Offensive and defensive ratings are both better than last year ,SRS is much better than last year .Wiggins and Rubio are playing worse and much worse than last year and the team is putting up better numbers than last year even if they aren't showing up in the win column at the moment.

LaVine seems to have taken another step forward ,although that could simply be a case of not having his numbers at the point dragging him down like last year
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,936

Post#13 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:30 am

Want some positive things?

-We have three 21-year olds who are still years away from entering their prime and like playing and living in Minnesota.
-We have a coach and POBO who is invested in this franchise and won't be spending days on end at his lake cabin.
-We have an arena that is finally being remodeled along with a state-of-the-art practice facility
-We have a fan base that is dying to support a winning team.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Re: RE: Re: Positive things 

Post#14 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:51 am

Klomp wrote:Want some positive things?

-We have three 21-year olds who are still years away from entering their prime and like playing and living in Minnesota.
-We have a coach and POBO who is invested in this franchise and won't be spending days on end at his lake cabin.
-We have an arena that is finally being remodeled along with a state-of-the-art practice facility
-We have a fan base that is dying to support a winning team.

Perfectly said.. Thank you Klomp
HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Post#15 » by HitmanCapone » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:34 am

I don't care what any of the haters say. I love Wiggins and can't wait to continue watching him develop

Read on Twitter
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#16 » by Nitroglycerin » Thu Dec 1, 2016 10:59 am

except the game against the Grizzlies blowout and the Pelicans,all games have been competitive.
home crowd needs to help these guys. I saw a lot of Philly home games and the crowd are better sadly
Trust the PRosas!
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#17 » by gold0259 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 8:15 pm

Even with three people who could take clutch shots ( Wiggins, Kat, ZV) 2nd half has been tough for the squad. I would like to see more plays ran for Zach he's the best shooter on the team. Could use a little less of Thibbs screaming every play

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves