A Breakdown of Why We are Garbage

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Re: A Breakdown of Why We are Garbage 

Post#81 » by walk with me » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:24 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Most likely Warriors GM isn't an idiot like a certain Heat fan.

lol so you result to calling names? Nice. Didn't say anything negative about anyone in here.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#82 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:27 pm

walk with me wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Most likely Warriors GM isn't an idiot like a certain Heat fan.

lol so you result to calling names? Nice. Didn't say anything negative about anyone in here.

Isn't it your time to trash Dragic on the Heat board ?
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by walk with me » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:

You act like I want the wolves to fail.... I want hem to succeed. Supporting a detriment to the team like Rubio doesn't make you a good fan, makes you delusional. The experiment has ran its course....

As far as the heat goes.... I wanted dragic traded while it was assumed we still had Wade. Now that we're a lotto team I don't really care what happens. The more Ls the better.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#84 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:48 pm

walk with me wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

You act like I want the wolves to fail.... I want hem to succeed. Supporting a detriment to the team like Rubio doesn't make you a good fan, makes you delusional. The experiment has ran its course....

As far as the heat goes.... I wanted dragic traded while it was assumed we still had Wade. Now that we're a lotto team I don't really care what happens. The more Ls the better.

What's the sudden obsession with the wolves?
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by walk with me » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:07 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:

I have vested interest in the team doing well... not financial reasons but I'm all aboard.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#86 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:15 pm

walk with me wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

I have vested interest in the team doing well... not financial reasons but I'm all aboard.

so you're a bandwagoner jumping off the Miami train and hoping to catch another more joyous ride. Nice...
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by walk with me » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:31 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
so you're a bandwagoner jumping off the Miami train and hoping to catch another more joyous ride. Nice...

I'm not jumping on or off anything... I've played basketball since before I could remember. I'm a fan of the game in general before I'm a fan of any team.... that's first thing

Second is you act like it's impossible to cheer for two teams at once lol...

neither team is immediate reach of winning a ring so there's no "joy" in either ride. I'm just making observations as a fan of the game. I could make a recommendation for all 30 teams in the nba except for Cleveland and gsw really. Just makes me a man with an opinion just like you. And you know what they say about opinions.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#88 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:35 pm

walk with me wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

I'm not jumping on or off anything... I've played basketball since before I could remember. I'm a fan of the game in general before I'm a fan of any team.... that's first thing

Second is you act like it's impossible to cheer for two teams at once lol...

neither team is immediate reach of winning a ring so there's no "joy" in either ride. I'm just making observations as a fan of the game. I could make a recommendation for all 30 teams in the nba except for Cleveland and gsw really. Just makes me a man with an opinion just like you. And you know what they say about opinions.

And why are you a fan of the heat to begin with? Location?
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#89 » by LesGrossman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:40 pm

The whole "he gets more than xyz" point is pure trolling. Now, learning that this guy just came over from the heat bandwagon, makes a lot of things clearer. Gave me a good chuckle :lol:

I actually went and looked up the salaries at ESPN. Very interseting list. Ricky is under- more than overpaid, but there are guys WAY above who left me really speechless. One can really wonder wether one dimensional players, like pure high efficient rebounders, really should get these absurd sums.

Either way, time to add someone to the filter list! Happy New Year :D
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by walk with me » Sun Jan 1, 2017 12:24 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:

Yep... lived in miami for a few. Got there in 96 during the Ike Austin, dan Marjele, PJ brown, Timmy H, Zo, and keith askins time frame.

LesGrossman wrote:Ricky is under- more than overpaid, but there are guys WAY above who left me really speechless. One can really wonder wether one dimensional players, like pure high efficient rebounders, really should get these absurd sums.

Ricky is under paid? How much money do you think he deserves?

there are several guys who make way less than he does who are NBA MVPS, all NBA 1st - 3rd team, All-Stars, and consistent playoff contributors. It's only a matter of time before your ricky goggles are removed and you see what it is.

Salary yield makes a difference because it enables you to spend money on other needs. Celtics made a super wise decision on getting a cheap all star in Isiah Thomas. That allowed them to spend big on horford and now they look to be heading to a top 4 spot in the east.

Minnesota severely overpaid to keep Ricky and its paying now because he's tied up money that could have been spent better elsewhere. Not only that but he's not even contributing at a rate comparable to those making what he makes. Excluding deals that were signed last year for obvious reasons.
Medall21
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#91 » by Medall21 » Sun Jan 1, 2017 12:40 am

Next season Ricky will win more or less same than Dieng... Thoughts about?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#92 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 1, 2017 1:22 am

walk with me wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:

Yep... lived in miami for a few. Got there in 96 during the Ike Austin, dan Marjele, PJ brown, Timmy H, Zo, and keith askins time frame.

Miami to Minneapolis? That must be a rough transition.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by walk with me » Sun Jan 1, 2017 1:27 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Miami to Minneapolis? That must be a rough transition.

Cities are what you make them... I've lived all over and Minnesota isn't too bad. The weather sucks but the food is good and the girls are under rated decent amount of activities.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#94 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 1, 2017 1:28 am

walk with me wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:Ricky is under- more than overpaid, but there are guys WAY above who left me really speechless. One can really wonder wether one dimensional players, like pure high efficient rebounders, really should get these absurd sums.

Ricky is under paid? How much money do you think he deserves?

there are several guys who make way less than he does who are NBA MVPS, all NBA 1st - 3rd team, All-Stars, and consistent playoff contributors. It's only a matter of time before your ricky goggles are removed and you see what it is.

Salary yield makes a difference because it enables you to spend money on other needs. Celtics made a super wise decision on getting a cheap all star in Isiah Thomas. That allowed them to spend big on horford and now they look to be heading to a top 4 spot in the east.

Minnesota severely overpaid to keep Ricky and its paying now because he's tied up money that could have been spent better elsewhere. Not only that but he's not even contributing at a rate comparable to those making what he makes. Excluding deals that were signed last year for obvious reasons.

Minnesota is under the cap (12 mil) and will have loads of cash to spend in the coming summer. Again, you don't know what you're talking about. If you believe that Rubio's salary is preventing us from superstars signing here then I stand by the "clueless outsider" name I once called you.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by walk with me » Sun Jan 1, 2017 1:48 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Minnesota is under the cap (12 mil) and will have loads of cash to spend in the coming summer. Again, you don't know what you're talking about. If you believe that Rubio's salary is preventing us from superstars signing here then I stand by the "clueless outsider" name I once called you.

No-

I'm FULLY aware they are under the cap and that insurance will pick up some of Peks deal which is excellent.

I may not have communicated clearly... what I'm trying to say is based on what Ricky brings on a nightly basis, I feel like his year to year salary is an over pay. There are several guys who contribute and are better players who are paid less. Finding a player like that could be more beneficial to the team because the difference could be spent on true distress areas, namely the bench.

This imaginary player might not be better than Ricky but given the strength of the big 3. Spending that 13.5 per year in other places might not be so bad

To give you a comparison... Portland spent 18.5 a year on Alann Crabbe which was a mega over pay for a guy that is only 3 & D... they could have let crabbe walk and signed someone maybe not as good but that costs less and in turns allows for more flexibility.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#96 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 1, 2017 2:19 am

walk with me wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:Minnesota is under the cap (12 mil) and will have loads of cash to spend in the coming summer. Again, you don't know what you're talking about. If you believe that Rubio's salary is preventing us from superstars signing here then I stand by the "clueless outsider" name I once called you.

No-

I'm FULLY aware they are under the cap and that insurance will pick up some of Peks deal which is excellent.

I may not have communicated clearly... what I'm trying to say is based on what Ricky brings on a nightly basis, I feel like his year to year salary is an over pay. There are several guys who contribute and are better players who are paid less. Finding a player like that could be more beneficial to the team because the difference could be spent on true distress areas, namely the bench.

This imaginary player might not be better than Ricky but given the strength of the big 3. Spending that 13.5 per year in other places might not be so bad

To give you a comparison... Portland spent 18.5 a year on Alann Crabbe which was a mega over pay for a guy that is only 3 & D... they could have let crabbe walk and signed someone maybe not as good but that costs less and in turns allows for more flexibility.

Here's you list of only relevant players:

Kemba Walker
Kyle Lowry
Steph Curry
Jrue holiday
Jeff Teague
George Hill

Isiah thomas

The names in bold will skyrocket in salary very soon, so you won't be able to hang you hat there. Thomas was effected by perception of his midget size and signed before making big improvements, and he's getting paid in less than 2 years. Kemba was signed after a season of shooting 38% FG coupled with sub par defense and playmaking. Hornets got lucky with him improving and will enjoy this steal.

And Blazers matched Crabbe. It was either let him go and don't replace him or match. They were not in position to sign anybody. Players ignore Portland historically. Whiteside declined them. You make it sound like signing FAs is easy business. How did Maimi do?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#97 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 1, 2017 2:21 am

8th seed Kings lost today. 3.5 games out of 8th and we still have four more months of basketball. Just believe gentlemen!
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by walk with me » Sun Jan 1, 2017 2:46 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Here's you list of only relevant players:

Kemba Walker
Kyle Lowry
Steph Curry
Jrue holiday
Jeff Teague
George Hill

Isiah thomas

The names in bold will skyrocket in salary very soon, so you won't be able to hang you hat there. Thomas was effected by perception of his midget size and signed before making big improvements, and he's getting paid in less than 2 years. Kemba was signed after a season of shooting 38% FG coupled with sub par defense and playmaking. Hornets got lucky with him improving and will enjoy this steal.

And Blazers matched Crabbe. It was either let him go and don't replace him or match. They were not in position to sign anybody. Players ignore Portland historically. Whiteside declined them. You make it sound like signing FAs is easy business. How did Maimi do?

These guys sky rocketed because they got better over time which is another one of my points that some seem to claim is stupid.

All of the guys I listed got better every single year and deservingly can command a skyrocket in salary. If Ricky improved his averages and percentages year after year like these other guys did, he would be a good deal but he's been the same EXACT player for 6 straight years.

- Kemba went from streaky shooter to vet leader on a playoff team
- Kyle went from journeyman to all star
- Steph went from quiet back up to monta to 2x all star
- Isiah Thomas went from big time bench scorer to all star
- George hill is flourishing on the jazz and has them looking ready for a dark horse playoff run.

The jury is still out on jrue and Teague but they still made jumps.

Can we say the same about Ricky? It's nothing personal but eventually you just have to take it for what it is.

And it's not a pissing between Minnesota and miami... miami is tanking on purpose essentially. Nobody had miami finishing top 8 in the east

The wolves were a team that many anticipated to make it in and that's still the expectation. Adjustments need to be made
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,918

Post#99 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 1, 2017 4:06 am

theGreatRC wrote:8th seed Kings lost today. 3.5 games out of 8th and we still have four more months of basketball. Just believe gentlemen!

3 games, actually
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#100 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 1, 2017 4:22 am

Klomp wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:8th seed Kings lost today. 3.5 games out of 8th and we still have four more months of basketball. Just believe gentlemen!

3 games, actually

Even better
Dysfunctional Wolves fan

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves