ImageImageImage

Game 41: Minnesota Timberwolves (13-26) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (24-16) – Target Center – 7PM CST – FSN/WCCO

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Hisa
Sophomore
And1: 33

Re: Game 41: Minnesota Timberwolves (13-26) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (24-16) – Target Center – 7PM CST – FSN/WCCO 

Post#201 » by Hisa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

It's such a shame that we had to wait for so long to see this. Even when we saw an example of this in the Lakers game, just to be our usual self again after Lavine returned. Thank you Thibs for almost ruining the season. And its not like it helped any of our youngsters. They were just as clueless as they were before, trying to be the man. It was so frustrating to watch the 3 of Towns, Lavine and Wiggins just ignore everyone else and try to be the saviour, while making stupid play after stupid play.
Hopefully now we will still be able to maintain this and maybe we'll get that long awaited playoff spot.

And this is not on Lavine, I even think if Lavine would play with Rush in the starting 5 we would be a better offensive team and much more exciting and dangerous than with Wiggins. Even on the defensive side I don't think that it would harm us. Wiggins is the only one in the starting 5, who kind of looks that he doesnt belong from an Basketball-IQ, moving without the ball, moving the ball and help defense standpoint. I'm not saying that he needs to be traded, but one thing people would see if Wiggins would be out like Lavine was the 3 games this season, is that we would have a even better production than that one we saw without Lavine, when a starting 5 of Rubio, Lavine, Rush, Dieng(Bjelly) and Twons would play. I would even tend to start Bjelly and move Dieng along with Wiggins to the bench to balance the lineups. Of course both would still play around 30 mins. Something like:

Rubio 32 Dunn 12 (Lavine plays 4 min with Dunn)
Lavine 30 Wiggins 18
Rush 24 Wiggins 12 Shabazz 16
Bjelly 20 Dieng 28
Towns 35 Aldrich 13

I would like to hear the opinions of other posters about who should move to the bench or if we shouldnt change the starting lineup? I even think its thread worthy.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Re: Game 41: Minnesota Timberwolves (13-26) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (24-16) – Target Center – 7PM CST – FSN/WCCO 

Post#202 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:06 pm

OT Kanter looks like he belongs in a Freak Show.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#203 » by Krapinsky » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Klomp wrote:I don't care who starts and who comes off the bench, I just want Wiggins and Rush to play together more and LaVine and Muhammad to play each other more.

I just want WIggins-Lavine to play together less. Lavine-Rush and Wiggins-Muhhammad would be OK too.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#204 » by minimus » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Impressive win! A few things I noticed:

* Rush played great. Very good positional defence, always contested shots, quick hands, rotated to help bigman. He is big for SF, and his wingspan helps him a lot. He is unselfish and quick decision maker. His defense, hustle and blocks remind me Danny Green the type of player I want as our SF/SG. I'm glad he recovered from injury and gained form.
* Rubio was aggressive looking for his shots at rim. This new found mentality makes him old Rubio. I'm okay with missed 3s, but with his IQ and dribbling he should score 10 points consistently with open mid range shots and drives. His passing talent was at full display: outlet passes, he feeds bigmen in the post. Also cross court passes are usually not allowed because it is difficult to execute and lead to TO. Well, in double team situation Rubio was able to go up in the air, then execute those passes, deliver right into shooting pocket of Rush, Shabazz etc. It looks like regular pass, but it is not! Also his defense was excellent. I think having Dunn who can cover his back in defense also helps, because our rookie doesnt disappoint in defense.
* Wiggins struggled against physical defense, Robertson is excellent defender, Wiggins could not score consistently.
* Kanter was unstoppable. KAT, Bjelica and Dieng were in foul trouble.
* I dont know if it was our coaching staff, but our defensive rebounding was very consistent, everybody was giving efforts here. It was very important against Adams, Kanter and Co.
* As I said earlier we have good passers in our team: Dieng, KAT, Bjelica, Dunn, Rubio. But it was unselfishness that lead to some pretty good ball movements. I like our potential here as passing team, but it is only possible when you have guys like Rush and Dieng who know their role.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#205 » by guest81 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Nick K wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Bazz has been good and his defense hasnt been atrocious. At worst he provides defensive rebounding.

Bazzy has also gone to play more corner spot up when he shares the court with wiggins and rubio. He's been getting some wide open looks from both corner spots.

I'd go AW 30, Zach 30, Rush 24, Bazz 12, plus maybe some minutes at PF when possible.

Makes sense. Quietly Bjelly has played pretty good on both sides of the ball. Can't forget about him either. He should go 9-10 man deep rotation, depending.

You and I have been watching completely different things then. He can't shoot and he can't play defense

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves