Post#121 » by Avihs7 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:54 am

andyhop wrote:Hopefully he doesn't play much

still hating on Stephenson I see
Avihs7
Junior
And1: 167

Re: Lance Stephenson 

Post#122 » by Avihs7 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:04 am

Pretty sure Thibs is gonna give Lance a 2 yr deal. Thibs saw a lot of Lance when he was on those pacer teams. At 26 he's just hitting his prime, if he becomes a team first player with his head on straight, the wolves could a just found a key piece in becoming a playoff team on a cheap contract.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#123 » by andyhop » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:11 am

Avihs7 wrote:

Given how terrible he has been it would be stupid not to, every second he is on the court is a net negative to the team
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#124 » by fattymcgee » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:03 pm

andyhop wrote:
Avihs7 wrote:

Given how terrible he has been it would be stupid not to, every second he is on the court is a net negative to the team

Stephenson terrible? Do you even watch the games? He's played well for us Even though his boxscore doesn't stand out.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#125 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:18 pm

Offensively, I didn't think he brought much. His hands are kind of sticky.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#126 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:37 pm

I thought the lineup of Tyus-Dunn-Lance was pretty bad. 3 ballhandlers who need the ball and only one of them is a shooter. Lance sticks out like sore thumb especially, when he doesn't have the ball.
If Lance is re-signed I don't see how he fits with Dunn and LaVine (plus Tyus) on the team.
Avihs7
Junior

Post#127 » by Avihs7 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:52 pm

fattymcgee wrote:
andyhop wrote:
Avihs7 wrote:still hating on Stephenson I see

Stephenson terrible? Do you even watch the games? He's played well for us Even though his boxscore doesn't stand out.

Dude been hating on Stephenson from Day 1, don't even pay attention to his comments on Stephenson. Has no idea what he's talking about on this topic.
andyhop
Analyst

Post#128 » by andyhop » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:38 pm

Avihs7 wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:
andyhop wrote:

Dude been hating on Stephenson from Day 1, don't even pay attention to his comments on Stephenson. Has no idea what he's talking about on this topic.

Is it his 6.9 PER you like or his -0.035 ws/48 or his -8.9 BPM or maybe it is his 48 TS% or his team worst 115 DRtg.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Avihs7
Junior

Post#129 » by Avihs7 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:18 pm

andyhop wrote:
Avihs7 wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:

Is it his 6.9 PER you like or his -0.035 ws/48 or his -8.9 BPM or maybe it is his 48 TS% or his team worst 115 DRtg.

Lol, is this Where your hatred of Stephenson comes from. I see Lance as this teams Andre Igoudala, a veteren who can comes off the bench and can do a little bit off everything. I'm curious what's it gonna take from Lance for u too change your opinion on him
andyhop
Analyst

Post#130 » by andyhop » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:56 pm

Avihs7 wrote:
andyhop wrote:
Avihs7 wrote:Dude been hating on Stephenson from Day 1, don't even pay attention to his comments on Stephenson. Has no idea what he's talking about on this topic.

Lol, is this Where your hatred of Stephenson comes from. I see Lance as this teams Andre Igoudala, a veteren who can comes off the bench and can do a little bit off everything. I'm curious what's it gonna take from Lance for u too change your opinion on him

I don't hate Lance, I just don't want him on the floor for the Wolves when he is this bad, if he gets better and isn't playing at a sub replacement level I won't have a problem with him playing.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,857

Post#131 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:57 pm

Lance might be a little more flash than a consistent substance right now, but it's a flash that this team needs and a flash that helps this team win.

I'm not worried about what the metrics say. I watch basketball by actually watching the games, not staring at a bunch of equations that nerds made up to try to quantify player success.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#132 » by ace625214 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:07 pm

I like the energy Lance brings. I think it's great for the bench.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#133 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:05 pm

Klomp wrote:Lance might be a little more flash than a consistent substance right now, but it's a flash that this team needs and a flash that helps this team win.

I'm not worried about what the metrics say. I watch basketball by actually watching the games, not staring at a bunch of equations that nerds made up to try to quantify player success.

Spoiler:
When Lance gets cut.
Klomp: "Let's be honest here, Lance was a ballhog who couldn't shoot. He sucked."
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,973

Post#134 » by wolves_89 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:23 pm

Stephenson unfortunately reminds me somewhat of Brewer. He'll make a great play or two and then just do something completely boneheaded. He'd be pretty solid if he could eliminate the awful mistakes and stick with what he does well.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#135 » by Killboard » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:40 pm

Thibs trusted on him to close the game at home against the raptors when the guy was coming from 3 months without playing and being 2-3 days with the team.

Given his background, I doubt thibs brought him to be just another body, he must see a good fit roster/scheme wise. They waited for his rehab to handle him a second 10 day contract. If he shows enough attitude off the court, he will be here next season for a cheap contract.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#136 » by C.lupus » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:49 pm

One thing I do like about him is he is very unselfish.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,857

Post#137 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:56 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:When Lance gets cut.
Klomp: "Let's be honest here, Lance was a ballhog who couldn't shoot. He sucked."

Nope
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
andyhop
Analyst

Post#138 » by andyhop » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:35 pm

Klomp wrote:Lance might be a little more flash than a consistent substance right now, but it's a flash that this team needs and a flash that helps this team win.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#139 » by C.lupus » Thu Mar 9, 2017 11:31 pm

As long as he doesn't become Reverse Flash. That wouldn't be good.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#140 » by karch34 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:02 am

There's some rust, but I've seen a lot that I like.

Plus I actually Like the idea of a veteran who can play significant minutes (sorry Cole, Hill, and Rush) and who has done so on a winning team in the past (no offense Ricky).

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves