New color scheme?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Re: New color scheme? 

Post#241 » by breatnach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Klomp wrote:
breatnach wrote:I think the biggest disappointment is the fact that it's so similar to our badass secondary logo. Who needs multiple logos anyway? I do prefer it much over the current main logo.

I'm confused....you think the current secondary is badass but are disappointed to have the new one be similar to it?

I'm glad the result is similar to our old secondary logo.

The disappointment (not necessarily mine, but in general) is that they were making a huge fuss about it, hired a professional designer and made minor changes, the likes of which we have seen in a number of mockups. I think people in general were expecting something groundbreaking (rightly or not).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#242 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:30 pm

breatnach wrote:I think people in general were expecting something groundbreaking (rightly or not).

Which I think is ridiculous. It's a logo....how groundbreaking can you make one without it looking ridiculous?

They wanted to go away from the cartoonish looks of the past two decades, which they did. They paid homage to the original logo and the current secondary logo, which people also wanted.

So they delivered what people wanted, yet still people are underwhelmed.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#243 » by TheDominator273 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Read on Twitter
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#244 » by packforfreedom » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:55 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:I don't like it at all. so much blue and a green background, really?

The green background isn't part of the logo

Yeah, I think using that green background in the promo was a bit of a mistake. It looks much better as is without any background. Looks good on these shirts, too.
Read on Twitter

Klomp wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:I don't like it at all. so much blue and a green background, really?

Okay, I like it now.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,170

Post#245 » by Tukkerwolf » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:05 pm

After a night sleep I do think a dark blue sleeved jersey with some lime accents could make a incredible jersey to have.
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,649

Post#246 » by PlatinumState » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Hopefully theyre brave enough to have an alternate away lime green jersey now that the color is featured in the logo. So Id imagine a white home jersey, blue away jersey and alternate lime green one. Seldomly done in pro sports Id like to see it in the NBA
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#247 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Guys, it looks pretty damn good on the shirts in person. Part of that may be the glitter like silver they use but it looks really cool. All in all I am pretty happy with it. Maybe the wolf could be a little fiercer.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#248 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 pm

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#249 » by ace625214 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 pm

It will be interesting to see if they're going to do trees along the sideline in a different oil color like Cleveland has their city skyline. I wonder if there's a subtle way to surround the whole court with them without it being too garish. I think it would be pretty cool for the court to be "in the forest".
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#250 » by ace625214 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 pm

For those of you complaining about it not being different enough, what did you expect? Everyone complains about how cartoonish and complex our current logo is. How revolutionary can a picture of a wolf be? It's not like the concept of wolves is so deep that you could pull out some crazy references like the 76ers did with the dribbling Ben Franklin.
GooniousMaximus
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#251 » by GooniousMaximus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:44 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Yeah, I think using that green background in the promo was a bit of a mistake. It looks much better as is without any background. Looks good on these shirts, too.
Read on Twitter

Now that looks good actually, without the inherent blue on blue. the dark shirt color makes the logo pop a lot better.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#252 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 pm

lbj273 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This looks way better to me.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#253 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 pm

ace625214 wrote:It will be interesting to see if they're going to do trees along the sideline in a different oil color like Cleveland has their city skyline. I wonder if there's a subtle way to surround the whole court with them without it being too garish. I think it would be pretty cool for the court to be "in the forest".

I don't know if they would do the entire court, but I expect to see the design on the left of this picture somewhere on or around the court.

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#254 » by Krapinsky » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 pm

I overheard someone say the logo is a wolf in front of a blue pumpkin and now i cannot unsee it.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#255 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Looks like this is what the Wolves applied through the Property Office:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/04/12/minnesota-timberwolves-new-alternate-marks-spotted/

I certainly hope not b/c that's a weak ass alternate logo....just the blue basketball with green star. WEAK. SAUCE.
GooniousMaximus
Sophomore

Post#256 » by GooniousMaximus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:11 pm

I also like the font they used for the 4.11.17 that had previously been on the wolves site. its like a modern version of the 96 logo, less comical and more a modern rigidness.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#257 » by funkatron101 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Interesting how rotating the logo conveys a very different "emotion."

Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#258 » by Southpaw » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Those shirts looks damn nice. Can't wait for the jerseys. A green colored alt would be cool.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#259 » by Wingman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:12 pm

I think it's an improvement. The font is the best part, that "Nordic Rune" A is badass
GooniousMaximus
Sophomore

Post#260 » by GooniousMaximus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Wingman wrote:I think it's an improvement. The font is the best part, that "Nordic Rune" A is badass

Yeah the rune A came out nice, I'm kind of curious what the rest of the rune type would have looked like and where.
At first it was a little off-putting being the only one but its a simple element that helps it stand out. I think it will be a classic piece to the logo.

I like how they are still using the modern edge(y) font (i.e.; 4.11.17) and I have a presumption that may make its way into the jersey numbering as well. That font reminds me of the 96 font style but less cartoonish and more modern and edgy. The sharp edges, etc.

Glad they are using the nice modern WOLVES font (minus the S, kind of seems off to me), its symmetrical and is very appealing to look at. Though sometimes I wish they would shorten the official name to WOLVES but Timberwolves are not bad either..just looks better as WOLVES and falls in line with the simplicity of the logo.

One thing I'd think would be cool is just the Wolf as a secondary or third logo without the ball and Northstar and type, perhaps on the side of the shorts, etc.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves