Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#781 » by shrink » Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Mattya wrote:
ntsap wrote:Hornets fan here is MKG+ 11 for 7 a fair trade?

Would rather have the pick. The Wolves need defense, but MKG hurts the spacing even more on an already poor spacing team.

1. If Brit Robson is right, and Dunn can guard the 3, it kind of hurts MKG's role here.

2. I see a big gap between the players at Picks 3 through 8-9, and those 10 and above.

3. $13 mil a year for three years is worrisome, and I would hope we could do better with our cap space.

I'd say no thanks, but kudos on a better offer than we usually see here!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#782 » by shrink » Mon May 29, 2017 10:46 pm

AlfieJaegar wrote:Aldrich for Leonard and #26

POR gets rid of Leonard's horrible contract.
MIN gets another first round pick to add to the core and a strech 4 to space the floor.

Setting aside the pick question for a second, there are parts of this deal I like.

1. I think Cole Aldrich is neutral value, but he is more valuable to POR than MIN, if Thibs is just going to have him ride the bench as insurance. Likewise, a bench-riding Leonard doesn't hurt us as much as POR, so I think this has the potential to be a trade.

2. I think you need to use a higher pick though. That salary is a penalty for several years to come, and even with Aldrich included, you are nipping away our cap space. We won't be in the lux this year or the next, so I think we can turn that fact into an asset.

Good premise for a deal. Maybe discuss upping the pick, or including some other bit of value. A lot of people here like Aminu, for example.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#783 » by shrink » Mon May 29, 2017 10:49 pm

... like this

minimus wrote:I'd rather try to get Aminu/Crabbe and #15 for Aldrich than Faried.

This is intriguing, though I don't think POR can go back to their fans with a deal that removes talent and a first rounder, to correct their front office's mistakes from last year. Ton of nice TPE's for POR, but it costs us our cap though! At least there are tools to work with in a POR trade.
shrink
RealGM

Post#784 » by shrink » Mon May 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Swish4 wrote:Anyone think Julius Randle or Willie Cauley Stein would be good fits here?

Randle no. WCS has failed to live up to his physical skills, but he might develop into a player who would fit here. Many SAC players do much better after they leave that team.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#785 » by PharmD » Tue May 30, 2017 2:16 am

lbj273 wrote:4/$85m for Roberson is insane

zomg this
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#786 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 30, 2017 8:02 am

Philly gets

Dunn + 7 (monk)

Dunn and monk would be their backcourt. Monk provides the spacing and Dunn the defense while allowing Simmons to do his thing. Wolves also get to clear up their guard rotation.

Dunn
Monk
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Wolves get 3 (Jackson) and Holmes

They get an aggressive SF and a young pf that can defend and shoot. Philly also gets out if a frontcourt log jam.

Rubio/Jones
Wiggins/lavine ( while recovering)
Jackson/ Wiggins
Holmes/bjelly
Kat/dieng
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Re: RE: Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#787 » by TheDominator273 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:13 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Philly gets

Dunn + 7 (monk)

Dunn and monk would be their backcourt. Monk provides the spacing and Dunn the defense while allowing Simmons to do his thing. Wolves also get to clear up their guard rotation.

Dunn
Monk
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

They get an aggressive SF and a young pf that can defend and shoot. Philly also gets out if a frontcourt log jam.

Rubio/Jones
Jackson/ Wiggins
Holmes/bjelly
Kat/dieng

I love it for us, I'm sure Philly fans hate it as they love Holmes. I'd do this deal even if it meant adding a future 1st, I think Jackson ends up as the star of this draft class.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#788 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 30, 2017 11:56 am

lbj273 wrote:

Dunn + 7 (monk)

Dunn
Monk
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Rubio/Jones
Jackson/ Wiggins
Holmes/bjelly
Kat/dieng

I love it for us, I'm sure Philly fans hate it as they love Holmes. I'd do this deal even if it meant adding a future 1st, I think Jackson ends up as the star of this draft class.

I wouldn't add a future first. Holmes is basically a back up for them because they have other higher drafted bigs that need development ahead of him.

Regardless of the season he had, I still love Dunn. I love his attitude and what he brings on the defensive side. Philly wanted him last year and monk seems too good of a fit for them. This allows them to get their PG and not have to use a top 3 pick for a fit.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#789 » by Neeva » Tue May 30, 2017 12:29 pm

lbj273 wrote:

Dunn + 7 (monk)

Dunn
Monk
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Rubio/Jones
Jackson/ Wiggins
Holmes/bjelly
Kat/dieng

Monk migt end up being better than Jackson though
i get serious bust vibes from Jackson,Ball, Fultz and Isaac.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#790 » by Streakers33 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Monk seems to be the best over all talent in this draft to me also.. I just struggle to see is waste another pick on a sg/pg so I feel we will just pass by the guy and take Isaac cuz of having a roster spot for him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#791 » by Worm Guts » Tue May 30, 2017 1:19 pm

Monk is a great scorer, I don't see him as a great overall player. He could be a 20 ppg guy, but I think there will be multiple players from this draft who will be better overall players.
Midw35t
Senior
And1: 564

Post#792 » by Midw35t » Tue May 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Dunn + 7 (monk)

Dunn
Monk
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Rubio/Jones
Jackson/ Wiggins
Holmes/bjelly
Kat/dieng

I'm still high on Dunn but there is a trade I'd do with philly.

Dunn and 7 for 3, Okafor, and 2 or 3 2nds (2 this year to add to our dleague, 1 future maybe as well). Okafor has disappointed but he has plenty of potential and we would have more control over him vs. Holmes. I believe Tyus could help sort Okafor out, and wouldn't mind seeing them work on the 2nd unit.

Rubio / Tyus
LaVine / Wiggins
Wiggins / Jackson or Isaac
Dieng / Belly / Towns
Towns / Okafor / Aldrich

2 2nd rounders + 25ish mil to spend in the offseason as well. I wouldn't mind that.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#793 » by Note30 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:50 pm

shrink wrote:
Mattya wrote:
ntsap wrote:Hornets fan here is MKG+ 11 for 7 a fair trade?

Would rather have the pick. The Wolves need defense, but MKG hurts the spacing even more on an already poor spacing team.

1. If Brit Robson is right, and Dunn can guard the 3, it kind of hurts MKG's role here.

2. I see a big gap between the players at Picks 3 through 8-9, and those 10 and above.

3. $13 mil a year for three years is worrisome, and I would hope we could do better with our cap space.

I'd say no thanks, but kudos on a better offer than we usually see here!

Dunn can't guard a 3. No way. MKG has better shot guarding 5's.

Personally i don't see it. If we don't get Isaac, I trade the pick in a heartbeat for one a few spots below. MKG and Collins would fix the whole situation we have here with defense, and rebounding (MKG grabs boards for days at his position). Apparently Collins can shoot too and he's supposed to be there at #11.

13 mill for MKG who is 23 and getting consistently better is probably what we'd have to pay to get a declining Thabo Sefolosha. And I'd rather have a young guys not even in his prime who's known for his defense and makes the Hornets 10pts better on defense when on the floor as opposed to dishing out 12+ mill each on Muhammed and Sefolosha.

Sign Meeks or old geezer Vince
and you have lineup like this

Rubio / Jones / Dunn
Wiggs / LaVine
MKG / Carter
Collins / Bjelica
Towns / Dieng

Small ball it
Rubio
LaVine
Wiggs
MKG
Towns
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AlfieJaegar
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#794 » by AlfieJaegar » Wed May 31, 2017 7:07 am

To MIN:Harkless,#20 and 2 future second rounders.
To POR:Aldrich

Even though Harkless has a bad contract,I think he is a good player and can play the backup SF spot.And Minn gets a first rounder in a very deep draft but also gets two seconds.Por gets rid of one their bad contracts to clear up capspace.I think it's fair for both teams.Por needs to clean the mess they made last off season but they need to give assets for that.Minn adds another piece to the core and gets a good pick to shop or draft.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#795 » by minimus » Wed May 31, 2017 7:47 am

Trade Rubio, #7 for Stanley Johnson, J.Leuer + #12
Draft Mitchell

Trade Aldrich for DeMarre Carroll + #23
Draft P.J. Dozier

KAT/Dieng/Leuer
Leuer/Bjelica/Carroll
Carroll /Wiggins/Johnson
Wiggins/LaVine/Mitchell
Dunn/Jones/P.J. Dozier
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#796 » by andyhop » Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am

minimus wrote:Trade Rubio, #7 for Stanley Johnson, J.Leuer + #12
Draft Mitchell

Trade Aldrich for DeMarr Caroll + #23
Draft P.J. Dozier

KAT/Dieng/Leuer
Leuer/Bjelica/Caroll
Johnson/Wiggins/Rush
Wiggins/LaVine/Mitchell
Dunn/Jones/P.J. Dozier

That first trade is horrifically bad and your end result is a team worse than this years one
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
AlfieJaegar
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#797 » by AlfieJaegar » Wed May 31, 2017 8:05 am

Draft Mitchell

Draft P.J. Dozier

KAT/Dieng/Leuer
Leuer/Bjelica/Caroll
Johnson/Wiggins/Rush
Wiggins/LaVine/Mitchell
Dunn/Jones/P.J. Dozier

First trade is bad cause we move down get nowhere close to the equal value.I like the second one but it isn't enough value that we are getting.Carroll has been injured for a year so we don't know if he is still good and we take a horrific contract.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#798 » by theGreatRC » Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 am

Draft Mitchell

Draft P.J. Dozier

KAT/Dieng/Leuer
Leuer/Bjelica/Caroll
Johnson/Wiggins/Rush
Wiggins/LaVine/Mitchell
Dunn/Jones/P.J. Dozier

I logged into my phone just to write my disgust at this trade.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#799 » by minimus » Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Draft Mitchell

Draft P.J. Dozier

KAT/Dieng/Leuer
Leuer/Bjelica/Caroll
Johnson/Wiggins/Rush
Wiggins/LaVine/Mitchell
Dunn/Jones/P.J. Dozier

I logged into my phone just to write my disgust at this trade.

I'm okay with it :) Because I dont want Thibs to trade Rubio. I just saw a rumor about DET shopping #12 for veteran
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#800 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed May 31, 2017 9:42 am

Portland is in a bind.

Eat aminu and Davis for the 20th pick.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves