ImageImageImage

TRADE: No. 7, LaVine, Dunn for Butler, 16

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Re: TRADE: No. 7, LaVine, Dunn for Butler, 16 

Post#461 » by Pass_the_rock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Swish4 wrote:I think winning a 2nd championship with the T-Wolves will be too much to pass up for Butler at that point. He'll re-up.

wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#462 » by wildvikeswolves » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/jimmy-butler-on-the-bulls-jordan-and-la-pick-up-games-ep-238

Love how Butler is opening himself up to the media and being accessible. Just a likeable guy.

Unlike his other interviews, he goes more in detail about specific players.

KAT
Wiggins
And another potential vet. minimum guy ....

KG

Outside of a championship, I don't think there is anything I would love more then for Jimmy to help unlock Wiggins and make 90% of RealGM look like fools.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,925

Post#463 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#464 » by theGreatRC » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jimmy needs to stop doing these interviews and making me love him so much.

He's creeping up on my favorite Wolf now that Ricky is gone & he hasn't even played a game for us, yet.

Also, should we just make this the official Jimmy thread or nah?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#465 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:16 am

theGreatRC wrote:Jimmy needs to stop doing these interviews and making me love him so much.

He's creeping up on my favorite Wolf now that Ricky is gone & he hasn't even played a game for us, yet.

He really gives off a KG vibe to me, and I really like it!
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#466 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:41 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Also, should we just make this the official Jimmy thread or nah?

Already have one (and you started it)

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1584158

karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#467 » by karch34 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm

So is Butler now part of the Banana Boat crew? Vacationing with Wade and Melo. Working out in the mornings with Melo.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#468 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:50 pm

karch34 wrote:So is Butler now part of the Banana Boat crew? Vacationing with Wade and Melo. Working out in the mornings with Melo.

He's closer to Kyrie as well. Those 4 seem tight. I wonder if he's in thibs ear trying to get melo to Minnesota.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#469 » by karch34 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
karch34 wrote:So is Butler now part of the Banana Boat crew? Vacationing with Wade and Melo. Working out in the mornings with Melo.

He's closer to Kyrie as well. Those 4 seem tight. I wonder if he's in thibs ear trying to get melo to Minnesota.

I hope he's at least in Melo's ear saying "Remember you didn't get along with D'Antoni in NY."
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#470 » by C.lupus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:19 pm

karch34 wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

I hope he's at least in Melo's ear saying "Remember you didn't get along with D'Antoni in NY."

If he's saying anything to Melo about coming here it needs to be "you've made enough money already, time to take the minimum".
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Post#471 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:51 pm

C.lupus wrote:
karch34 wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

If he's saying anything to Melo about coming here it needs to be "you've made enough money already, time to take the minimum".

Isn't Melo already under contract? If so he would have to bought out first then take the minimum with us. I would be just fine with him on a minimum contract. :D
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#472 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Saw this on the Bulls board. Dunn says he had a bad year because he wasn't playing his natural position & calls Thibs "tough"

Paxson43 wrote:Might as well throw this in here:

Another good read.... or bad, depending on your perspective

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/fighting-through-hardship-something-kris-has-dunn

Dunn is a powerfully built 6-4 who plays the position with force and a bit of recklessness. His strength now is on the defensive end. His shooting is average, needing improvement. He sees himself as more a facilitator for now, though the Bulls also will need him to be a scorer with their limited offensive resources.

“I like to pass the ball first,” said Dunn. “I like to get guys involved. I like to get guys open shots. When guys make open shots, it makes the team better. That’s my thing. At the same time, just can’t pass because then you become too predictable. I’ve been scoring all my life. That’s what got me to this point. It’s a natural instinct. Once I find my spots that will help me down the road.”

“I had a bad year because I wasn’t who I was, playing with that fierce competitiveness. I play with that swagger, that confidence, and I didn’t feel I had that when I was in Minnesota. I wasn’t playing a lot. I wasn’t playing my natural position. I was under a tough coach; everything was so new. I played point guard four years (in college), so getting to play point guard again, getting guys involved, knowing how to run the team again, knowing when to pass and shoot, get guys involved."
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#473 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Saw this on the Bulls board. Dunn says he had a bad year because he wasn't playing his natural position & calls Thibs "tough"

Dunn is a powerfully built 6-4 who plays the position with force and a bit of recklessness. His strength now is on the defensive end. His shooting is average, needing improvement. He sees himself as more a facilitator for now, though the Bulls also will need him to be a scorer with their limited offensive resources.

“I like to pass the ball first,” said Dunn. “I like to get guys involved. I like to get guys open shots. When guys make open shots, it makes the team better. That’s my thing. At the same time, just can’t pass because then you become too predictable. I’ve been scoring all my life. That’s what got me to this point. It’s a natural instinct. Once I find my spots that will help me down the road.”

“I had a bad year because I wasn’t who I was, playing with that fierce competitiveness. I play with that swagger, that confidence, and I didn’t feel I had that when I was in Minnesota. I wasn’t playing a lot. I wasn’t playing my natural position. I was under a tough coach; everything was so new. I played point guard four years (in college), so getting to play point guard again, getting guys involved, knowing how to run the team again, knowing when to pass and shoot, get guys involved."

What does he consider his natural position? Seemed he switched between PG and SG.
Paxson43
Sixth Man
And1: 588

Post#474 » by Paxson43 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:38 pm

He can't shoot well enough to play the 2, even though his size/strength allows for it. He's a 1 in my book, and should thrive in an up-tempo pace/space offensive approach.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#475 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:39 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Saw this on the Bulls board. Dunn says he had a bad year because he wasn't playing his natural position & calls Thibs "tough"

Someone get Kris a tissue and a cookie. So much for the "most ready to contribute at the next level" moniker. To me, Dunn was nothing but a throw-in in the deal. LaVine is the piece of that trade that hurt but Jimmy will make the pain go away. I really hope Zach goes on to have a brilliant career....great kid.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Paxson43
Sixth Man

Post#476 » by Paxson43 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:

Someone get Kris a tissue and a cookie. So much for the "most ready to contribute at the next level" moniker. To me, Dunn was nothing but a throw-in in the deal. LaVine is the piece of that trade that hurt but Jimmy will make the pain go away. I really hope Zach goes on to have a brilliant career....great kid.

The Bulls really wanted Dunn and LaVine, the deal wouldn't have happened without those two being involved. They viewed it as jump-starting their rebuild early with two young players that they really like
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#477 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm

Paxson43 wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

The Bulls really wanted Dunn and LaVine, the deal wouldn't have happened without those two being involved. They viewed it as jump-starting their rebuild early with two young players that they really like

I wish Dunn the best, but he was terrible for us. Jones was the better backup to Rubio.
Paxson43
Sixth Man

Post#478 » by Paxson43 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:48 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Paxson43 wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

I wish Dunn the best, but he was terrible for us. Jones was the better backup to Rubio.

Yeah I don't think he was a good fit for what Thibs wants to do... this kid needs the ball in his hands and have the authority to push the tempo in transition.

In transitioning from Tom Thibodeau’s offense to Fred Hoiberg’s, how do you foresee Kris Dunn performing and do you think the change of scenery will help him like it did Buddy Hield last season when he moved from the Pelicans to the Kings? — Gurleen B., Chicago

The Bulls certainly hope so. And there’s even some sentiment from within the Timberwolves’ organization that Dunn could flourish in a more free-flowing, open offensive system. Dunn clearly lost confidence last season. There were also whispers of him struggling to adjust to the demands that the NBA workload creates. But he’s clearly athletic and Hoiberg’s offense calls for instinctive reads and transition opportunities that could bode well for Dunn. The one game he played in summer league, he displayed an ability to penetrate often. But he struggled to finish and must improve that and his decision-making to flourish.

I don't think he's NBA-ready, honestly. The kid has to work on his shot, figuring out when to be aggressive on defense, and getting immersed enough in the game to the point where things start to slow down for him. Seems like everything is 150 MPH for him.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#479 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Paxson43 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Paxson43 wrote:

Yeah I don't think he was a good fit for what Thibs wants to do... this kid needs the ball in his hands and have the authority to push the tempo in transition.

In transitioning from Tom Thibodeau’s offense to Fred Hoiberg’s, how do you foresee Kris Dunn performing and do you think the change of scenery will help him like it did Buddy Hield last season when he moved from the Pelicans to the Kings? — Gurleen B., Chicago

The Bulls certainly hope so. And there’s even some sentiment from within the Timberwolves’ organization that Dunn could flourish in a more free-flowing, open offensive system. Dunn clearly lost confidence last season. There were also whispers of him struggling to adjust to the demands that the NBA workload creates. But he’s clearly athletic and Hoiberg’s offense calls for instinctive reads and transition opportunities that could bode well for Dunn. The one game he played in summer league, he displayed an ability to penetrate often. But he struggled to finish and must improve that and his decision-making to flourish.

You can hope. My best guess is what you saw last year is what you are going to get.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#480 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Paxson43 wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

It was a small sample size but I saw nothing that suggested Dunn has much of an upside except defensively. Zach on the other hand, Bulls fans are going to love this kid and his work ethic. He really improved his 3-point shooting last season and everyone knows how crazy athletic he is. I really hope he recovers fully from the ACL injury.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves