Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Nidsmy
Ballboy
And1: 10

Re: Summer league 2017 thread 

Post#161 » by Nidsmy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:34 am

KGdaBom wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
Nidsmy wrote:At least he somewhat allows new threads to be posted...forever, it was a powertrip of "we already have a thread regarding that...i'm locking this one..."

I really don't mind that. I hate opening up the forum in the morning and seeing

How good can KAT be?
Would KAT play in the 3-on-3?
Andrew Wiggins thread
KAT had fried food yesterday. Is his dedication waning?
Tweet of new Wiggins commercial
Is KAT going to play for the Dominican or US national team?

Everything used to be so organized and easy to follow. Now threads get started for questions that are not thread-worthy at all. You know what a good place to ask a question about KAT is? That thread where the sole purpose is talking about KAT.

I started the how good can KAT be this year thread. I am pretty new here and didn't know that opening new threads was controversial. If I hadn't opened the How Good can KAT be this year thread I would still like it being a separate thread because it is dealing with a specific aspect rather than mixed in with a million other KAT related topics.

Klomp would have put you in your place considering a karl Anthony towns thread does exist, but he seems to be more lenient these days.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,584

Post#162 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I started the how good can KAT be this year thread. I am pretty new here and didn't know that opening new threads was controversial. If I hadn't opened the How Good can KAT be this year thread I would still like it being a separate thread because it is dealing with a specific aspect rather than mixed in with a million other KAT related topics.

You don't have to be sorry. It's the mod's job to control how things are around here. If they deem it acceptable, it's acceptable. I was just stating my preference for how things were 6 months or a year ago.

To your second point, what is more relevant to KAT the basketball player than how good he is going to be at basketball? That's the point of player threads. Each poster thinks their topic deserves its own 7-page discussion, and you end up with 14 topics talking about closely-related things. Player threads keep things organized.

I never said anything about being sorry. :o
Judging by his first two seasons KAT is a sure fire half of famer and potentially top 20 player all time and possibly better. If your talking Bjelica keep everything about him in one thread, but talking Towns I think it's ok to break up discussion of him into multiple threads.

I don't have any issue with the how good can KAT be. It's sparked good discussion because it's a topic that people care about.

It's threads like "AW top 5 offensive plays of 2017" that don't even stay on topic that I usually end up merging, because only 1 of 8 replies even referred back to the thread's original point.

I don't mind if people create topics. They just need to be good ones.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#163 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 am

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
You don't have to be sorry. It's the mod's job to control how things are around here. If they deem it acceptable, it's acceptable. I was just stating my preference for how things were 6 months or a year ago.

To your second point, what is more relevant to KAT the basketball player than how good he is going to be at basketball? That's the point of player threads. Each poster thinks their topic deserves its own 7-page discussion, and you end up with 14 topics talking about closely-related things. Player threads keep things organized.

Judging by his first two seasons KAT is a sure fire half of famer and potentially top 20 player all time and possibly better. If your talking Bjelica keep everything about him in one thread, but talking Towns I think it's ok to break up discussion of him into multiple threads.

I don't have any issue with the how good can KAT be. It's sparked good discussion because it's a topic that people care about.

It's threads like "AW top 5 offensive plays of 2017" that don't even stay on topic that I usually end up merging, because only 1 of 8 replies even referred back to the thread's original point.

Thanks Klomp. I think that is the only topic I started so far.
Nidsmy
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#164 » by Nidsmy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:55 am

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
ace625214 wrote:

Klomp, ban me for stating an opinion if you so desire...

Rubechat was easier to read, as well as being easier to contribute to "current rumors"...

Under your moderation...there could be a happening rumor regarding "said" player/team/coach...but it all gets lost within your "said" threads....

...probably a bad idea...sorry...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,584

Post#165 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 am

Nidsmy wrote:Klomp, ban me for stating an opinion if you so desire...

Rubechat was easier to read, as well as being easier to contribute to "current rumors"...

Under your moderation...there could be a happening rumor regarding "said" player/team/coach...but it all gets lost within your "said" threads....

...probably a bad idea...sorry...

But at that point it's just that......a rumor.

When something actually has confirmation that it's happened or will happen soon, I have no problem starting a new thread for said acquisition. But until then, it's just a rumor. 99% of rumors don't even happen. Do we really need a thread for every single rumor?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#166 » by ace625214 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Yeah, if I want to read a stream of the latest rumors I'll go to Twitter or Reddit. I like coming here for intelligent(usually) discussion.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves