ImageImageImage

Butler a bad locker room guy? Interesting article...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Re: Butler a bad locker room guy? Interesting article... 

Post#21 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 am

He needs to shut the fk up if he wants to be respected and not get kicked out like from the Bulls. I'm betting he's trying to rob the leadership role from KAT& Wiggins since he's a better player as of now but that's not gonna last long since he's going to play worse than both of them in a matter of years. I guess its time to taste his own medicine.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#22 » by Neeva » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:18 am

I find it hilarious that Jimmy liked a post mentioning what Walker said on instagram.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#23 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 am

I think Kat and Wiggins need a little ass kicking.

So, jimmy, bring it!
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#24 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think Kat and Wiggins need a little ass kicking.

So, jimmy, bring it!

Be careful what you wish for...
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#25 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Jake or whoever wrote this is full of it. I won't copy and paste, but his facts are way off. Maybe try a little research before using Fat Walker as your source.

First Walker was never in the locker room with Butler so how would he know?
Second we gave up a 7TH overall pick not 6TH.
Third, "Oft injured Lavine?" Until his ACL he's missed only 5 games in two years.

Time will tell, but Fatoine needs some attention. Nothing more.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#26 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Antoines rent must be due, he probably wants some paying interviews on why he knows this
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#27 » by Narf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:03 pm

My Main Man wrote:Can someone give a brief rundown of this DH/MNSixersFan character? From what I know, he's been trolling Wolves boards for the better part of a decade now? That seems kind of sad, right?

Over a decade.
Paxson43
Sixth Man
And1: 588

Post#28 » by Paxson43 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Guys, this is nothing new. There have been rumblings of this in Chicago ever since Jimmy went "Hollywood".
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#29 » by cpfsf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Narf wrote:
My Main Man wrote:Can someone give a brief rundown of this DH/MNSixersFan character? From what I know, he's been trolling Wolves boards for the better part of a decade now? That seems kind of sad, right?

Over a decade.

It doesn't bug me. I mean I've grown with in fake rumors from sources, repeated calls for firing the coach, and people saying how much they want our team to lose in every fking game thread. This isnt anything new to me.

If it bugs you, just report any action that's against the TOS and ignore him/her. That's all you have to do. Not quote their comment or bump their thread.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#30 » by Narf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:39 pm

cpfsf wrote:
Narf wrote:

Over a decade.

It doesn't bug me. I mean I've grown with in fake rumors from sources, repeated calls for firing the coach, and people saying how much they want our team to lose in every fking game thread. This isnt anything new to me.

If it bugs you, just report any action that's against the TOS and ignore him/her. That's all you have to do. Not quote their comment or bump their thread.

I don't really care, I'm just doing a PSA then ignoring him as usual.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,816

Post#31 » by AirP. » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Jimmy has worked hard for everything he's gotten. When Chicago fired Thibs and brought in Fred it was a drastic change of styles, no longer was the coach demanding hard work which Butler had an issue with.
Read on Twitter

I'm sure Hoiberg's style didn't change much so naturally some players probably didn't put in the work which Jimmy probably had remarks or actions that showed that. Usually the top players push themselves so it's interesting that when Wade joined the Bulls Jimmy gravitated towards him(hard worker keeping his body going at age 35). Then this came out last year...
Wade: “Everyone don't care enough. You got to care enough, man. It's got to mean that much to you to want to win. And it doesn't. … I don't know how you fix it. It just doesn't mean enough to guys around here to want to win ballgames. It [ticks] me off, but I can't be frustrated and I can't care too much for these guys.”

Butler: “[Expletives] just got to care if we win or lose. … Be a star in your role, man. That's how you win in this league, man. You have to embrace what this team, what this organization needs for you to do on either end of the floor. On top of everything else, just play every possession like it's your last. We don't play hard all the time.”

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/26/chicago-bulls-jimmy-butler-dwyane-wade-accountability-effort-slump

Here's a situation with Butler during a game when Hoiberg tries to call a time out and Jimmy basically says no. Seems that Butler doesn't really respect Fred as a coach but then again a lot of fans don't either... then again the roster hasn't been good for his coaching style.
Read on Twitter

Think about it... going from a good hard working coach to a fun loving player's coach. Some players will love it, some players will hate it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#32 » by Klomp » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:00 pm

It seems we would rather have our players be friends than have an edge. We've forgotten what it was to have one of our leaders actually lead instead of just being buddy-buddy with everyone.

We thought Love was a cancer for calling out guys who didn't care enough....were scared KG would do the same. Now we're worried Butler is a bad locker room guy.

Let's look at who we're talking about....arguably three of the best players who've played in the franchise since we last made the playoffs. But apparently they're the bad guys...
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,816

Post#33 » by AirP. » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Klomp wrote:It seems we would rather have our players be friends than have an edge. We've forgotten what it was to have one of our leaders actually lead instead of just being buddy-buddy with everyone.

We thought Love was a cancer for calling out guys who didn't care enough....were scared KG would do the same. Now we're worried Butler is a bad locker room guy.

Let's look at who we're talking about....arguably three of the best players who've played in the franchise since we last made the playoffs. But apparently they're the bad guys...

There seems to be a drive in the great players, MJ was known for this, Kobe was like that. It's competition. Just think if Shaq would have had that drive given his athletic ability for his size... give him Barkley's drive(as a player) and he may have been the best ever and it probably wouldn't be close.
chrispatrick
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#34 » by chrispatrick » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Just so you're aware of where the Butler opinions are coming from by the Bulls posters, I would be called a Butler lover, Dominater is a Butler supporter, AirP is generally level headed in the middle, and Paxson and DRoseReturnChi have been far and away the two most vocal anti-Butler guys on the Bulls forum for a while.

If anyone thinks I put them in the wrong group, sorry. :D
Paxson43
Sixth Man
And1: 588

Post#35 » by Paxson43 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:06 pm

chrispatrick wrote:Just so you're aware of where the Butler opinions are coming from by the Bulls posters, I would be called a Butler lover, Dominater is a Butler supporter, AirP is generally level headed in the middle, and Paxson and DRoseReturnChi have been far and away the two most vocal anti-Butler guys on the Bulls forum for a while.

If anyone thinks I put them in the wrong group, sorry. :D

I've been vocal since he turned into a diva in 2015. There were all these rumblings about how his attitude had changed, he started to dress on his own in a private room, would always be the last person to walk out of the locker room for practice, butting heads with players and coaches, refusing to run certain sets that Hoiberg wanted to implement because it didn't fit Butler's game, etc.

Now it's just being said by different sources. None of it is new. He's a hell of a player but he needs the ball in his hands and his game is too reliant on isolation, which is the exact opposite way that the NBA is trending and that Hoiberg likes to coach. I'm glad he's gone, I'm sure we will miss him, but the upside of Dunn/LaVine/Markkanen has me excited compared to the sub .500 ball the Bulls have played ever since Butler became "the man" in Chicago.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#36 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:28 am

My opinion - Butler is no diva at all. I think he saw a poor culture within the team/organization and tried to change it with a fairly outspoken approach. Maybe it wasn't the most conducive thing to do at the time, and Butler acknowledged it after the fact - he said he was new to leading a team and he was working out the best way to deal with things.

You have to understand, he went from a situation where he worked for years to earn minutes under Thibs, improved as a result of the hard-nosed attitude, and then Thibs went, was replaced by a softie coach in Hoiberg who no one respected, and saw a lack of discipline throughout the playing group. So yes, when he does this, it can be abrasive, and he definitely clashed with people during his time with the Bulls, but it was never personal.

Let's look at one point made above - ignoring Fred's play calls and playing iso-ball. Firstly, he wasn't the first person to do this, I think Rondo had done the same, and more or less through the season Rondo just was given the reigns to call what he wanted. Anyway, with Butler, this was the result of the team playing like ass and getting spanked, and the majority of the time Butler did this, he willed his way to leading the team back in to the game.

Butler is in a culture that suites him a lot more now, under a coach he respects. I don't think you'll see any of what people are labeling 'diva' Jimmy, but even if you do, I don't think it's a negative thing.
TheAttckRack
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#37 » by TheAttckRack » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:16 am

It's a dicy scenario, for sure. Lots of egos in play with a move like this. Ultimately, you gotta' trust Thibs to make the transition smooth for all involved.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#38 » by minimus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:17 am

Winning cures everything. Butler is winner plain and simple, if our young players lack effort, I'm okay if Butler is the first guy to tell them this directly
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#39 » by packforfreedom » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:07 am

Our last real franchise player punched teammates in practice, bullied rookies, ignored coaches and was still a great leader. Jimmy will be fine.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#40 » by coldfish » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:05 pm

Butler doesn't get along with lazy players who suck or coaches who spend more time golfing/dancing than coaching. Since Chicago has a lot of people like that, Jimmy had a fair share of problems with people.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy will be fine in Minnesota:

For those who haven't seen it, that pic was taken AFTER Thibs was fired.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves