Other
10%

Total votes: 63

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

What is Andrew Wiggins Ceiling ? 

Post#1 » by walk with me » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Pardon me mods.. making a separate thread so I can get the vote going, if you feel t should be in the other thread move it if necessary but I'm trying to gauge what people think Wiggins Cieling is.

Listing a bunch of guys with a similar height and skill set to see what people think, cause it's actually kind of hard for me to guess. Super talent but hard to estimate how badly he wants it.... anyways what do you folks think?
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Re: What is Andrew Wiggins Ceiling ? 

Post#2 » by Varejao17 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Rocky Davis, obviously!
props to C.lupus
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#3 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Yup, Rocky Davis.

A wing version of Anthony Davis with the heart of Ricky Balboa.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#4 » by Pass_the_rock » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:08 pm

walk with me wrote:Pardon me mods.. making a separate thread so I can get the vote going, if you feel t should be in the other thread move it if necessary but I'm trying to gauge what people think Wiggins Cieling is.

Listing a bunch of guys with a similar height and skill set to see what people think, cause it's actually kind of hard for me to guess. Super talent but hard to estimate how badly he wants it.... anyways what do you folks think?

Who is that W. Cieling guy you're taking about? I know nothing about him but i voted for Rocky anyways.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by walk with me » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm typing from my phone man.... I key is next to the o key. Stop being immature lol, jeez.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888

Post#6 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:44 pm

It's still extremely high.

He reminds me a lot of someone like Dominique Wilkins. A top-flight athlete who can score with the best of them, but probably won't ever be one of the first names you think of when discussing wings of his era.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#7 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:47 pm

I was thinking of Paul George, not necessarily as a ceiling, but as someone with a similar type game
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by walk with me » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I was thinking of Paul George, not necessarily as a ceiling, but as someone with a similar type game

I wish Paul george lol.... I think pg has more overall skilll then Wiggins.

If I saw more games from Wiggins last year that he showed a desire to want to destroy his opponent I'd be comfortable giving him tmac as a ceiling.

His natural abilities are off the charts. Height, length, athleticism, touch. It's all the X factors he lacks. I've never heard of any coach talk about his work ethic, clutch factor, killer instinct, communication skills.

I don't know... maybe we'll luck out and he'll end up like Kawhi now that the team will start winning.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#9 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

The main issue is his motor. When he doesn't have the ball or isn't defending the ball, he seems disengaged. Hopefully playing in more important games will help keep him engaged.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,816

Post#10 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:26 pm

I was about to vote other because I didn't see anybody that was much like I expected/hoped him to be. However, the more I thought about it Paul Pierce jumped out at me. Shame on those voting DeRozan because Wiggins basically already is DeRozan. So you see no hope for improvement?
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by walk with me » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Worm Guts wrote:The main issue is his motor. When he doesn't have the ball or isn't defending the ball, he seems disengaged. Hopefully playing in more important games will help keep him engaged.

Motor is off the court also... I've literally never heard anyone describe Wiggins as a hard worker.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#12 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:14 pm

walk with me wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:The main issue is his motor. When he doesn't have the ball or isn't defending the ball, he seems disengaged. Hopefully playing in more important games will help keep him engaged.

Motor is off the court also... I've literally never heard anyone describe Wiggins as a hard worker.

I've seen plenty of videos of Wiggins working hard in the gym during the offseason. I don't know that I've heard any that would know refer to him as lazy either. That's something I don't think is fair to comment on without some knowledge.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#13 » by Mattya » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
walk with me wrote:

I've seen plenty of videos of Wiggins working hard in the gym during the offseason. I don't know that I've heard any that would know refer to him as lazy either. That's something I don't think is fair to comment on without some knowledge.

Yep, this is becoming absurd.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#14 » by MN7725 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
walk with me wrote:

I think that's true

But also true Wiggins hasn't had the weight room/diet discipline to improve his body since he's been in the league, unlike KAT, Lavine, Bazz, Tyus

Some guys just don't like doing that type of work, recent Wolves K-Mart, Prince, and now Crawford are examples.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#15 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:48 pm

MN7725 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
walk with me wrote:

I think that's true

But also true Wiggins hasn't had the weight room/diet discipline to improve his body since he's been in the league, unlike KAT, Lavine, Bazz, Tyus

Some guys just don't like doing that type of work, recent Wolves K-Mart, Prince, and now Crawford are examples.

Well he doesn't have Derek fishers shoulders but there's a reason he's gotten so much better at finishing around the rim. He's gotten much stronger since year 1 it's obvious by his play
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by walk with me » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Worm Guts wrote:

Seeing videos is one thing but some guys earn reps as outrageous gym rats. Wiggins doesn't have that rep. I'm not saying he's a lazy bum. I'm more speaking towards him having the gym rat rep
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#17 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:00 pm

I'd put this ceiling at a better defending and better 3 point shooting derozen.

Currently, he's near derozen without the experience.

Even if current demar is his floor, that's still an all star, all NBA, and a US Olympian type basketball player.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,718

Post#18 » by minimus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
MN7725 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

I think that's true

Well he doesn't have Derek fishers shoulders but there's a reason he's gotten so much better at finishing around the rim. He's gotten much stronger since year 1 it's obvious by his play

I'd rather keep him from gaining muscles mass than having T-Mac career derailed from injuries.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,725

Post#19 » by AirP. » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I was about to vote other because I didn't see anybody that was much like I expected/hoped him to be. However, the more I thought about it Paul Pierce jumped out at me. Shame on those voting DeRozan because Wiggins basically already is DeRozan. So you see no hope for improvement?

DeRozen is more efficient then Wiggins and also a better distributor at this point in their careers(I'd hate to have DeRozen as one of my top 2 options to build a team with). It does look like Wiggins will be able to shoot the 3 ball good enough which should make him more efficient and more versatile then DeRozen but he's more then likely never going to get the shot attempts he got last year because of better options and now a PG who will look to score way more then Rubio did(leaving less shots for the rest of the starters).
Ethomasp31
Senior
And1: 208

Post#20 » by Ethomasp31 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:14 pm

AirP. wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I was about to vote other because I didn't see anybody that was much like I expected/hoped him to be. However, the more I thought about it Paul Pierce jumped out at me. Shame on those voting DeRozan because Wiggins basically already is DeRozan. So you see no hope for improvement?

DeRozen is more efficient then Wiggins and also a better distributor at this point in their careers(I'd hate to have DeRozen as one of my top 2 options to build a team with). It does look like Wiggins will be able to shoot the 3 ball good enough which should make him more efficient and more versatile then DeRozen but he's more then likely never going to get the shot attempts he got last year because of better options and now a PG who will look to score way more then Rubio did(leaving less shots for the rest of the starters).

Even with Butler and Teague, Wiggins will average just as many points this year as he did last year.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves